• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Q Sentinel

toothyfish

* Ace Member *
Q Sentinel (aka QMF)

I just got one of these...it feels like a Roc in my hand, but it's really domey. Is this typical? I know some of the CFR Champ Rocs I've had were really domey.

I'm not sure if I like it or not...I thought it would be more like a flat top Roc or Wasp but I get a bit less distance on it. but what I like is that it really feels like a Roc. I like flat top Rocs, but they aren't that durable in DX. I've made some out of KC Pro 12X and hot water....and really like them but, well, there's that rule againg...

Anyone else throw this? Tips? Advice?

You need to flip it over and read the tooling. Is it a San Marino or a www? They fly like completely different discs. From your description, I'd guess it's a www.

I have a San Marino in very durable Millennium plastic. Easily my favorite midrange. The flight is low and flat with a predictable fade at the end. It handles wind very well. It domes up about 1-1/2" from the edge and is flat from there to the center. It replaced my beat San Marino Roc.

the san marinos were nice. almost identical to the flight of my champ glow roc. smaller wing but def roc esque. the www molds that are out now are craptastic and nothing like the san marino 's

I have a San Marino in very durable Millennium plastic. Easily my favorite midrange. The flight is low and flat with a predictable fade at the end. It handles wind very well. It domes up about 1-1/2" from the edge and is flat from there to the center. It replaced my beat San Marino Roc.

Interesting, thanks. BTW, I thought it was pronounced I-gor...great movie. Blucher!

It says Innova Champion Discs across one side and on the other is www.innovablahblahblah.com... no work of San Marino...

A day late and a dollar short...

What's the difference?

Sanny Sents are WAY more O/S than WWW. Sents. Which is why Sanny Sents are more coveted as O/S mids. The www. Sent like I've got is nice though, kind of flies like a beat KC pro Roc to me. I toss it in every once and awhile as a "throwaway" mid to protect my precious Nebulae.

Mine seems to fade off bigger than my Rocs. It really reminds me a bit of a Champ Rancho, a bit less distance and glide, with bigger fade.

Are Sanny's flatter?

Mine seems to fade off bigger than my Rocs. It really reminds me a bit of a Champ Rancho, a bit less distance and glide, with bigger fade.

Are Sanny's flatter?

My buddy's was much flatter but I don't know if his is the exception or the rule. I should also point out that my www. Sent was received secondhand, probably 8/10 shape or slightly worse so it's fairly seasoned. I don't mean to be generalizing all the Sents off of the two discs I've thrown, and mostly regurgitating what I've read on DGR.

I picked one up since it has some popularity at my local course. A few of the better players are using it. But I should have looked a bit close at plastic and mold details. I will next doubles round...I should have expected a long, detailed history of changes, revisions, etc.

Sorry, had to make a burger run for the wife and missed the reply.

So it's basically been said. The San Marino Sentinel was exactly what you wanted, a flat top Rocish disc. It was fast and overstable and fabulous. I used to keep one in the bag because you could throw it low and hard and get a great straight flight with a predictable late fade. I could throw Rocs farther, but if I couldn't get it up in the air and/or couldn't afford to finish right the Sentinel was the disc.

The www Sentinel is slower and less stable. If you nut on it it will flip, and it's not as good on the low line as the San Marino. Really, the www Q to me is like a Champ Ontario Roc. So, if you are looking for a cheap alternative to a Champ Ontario Roc, the www Q Sentinel is the ticket. If you are looking for a "flat top Roc in better plastic," you need to start looking for an old San Marino.

I throw an older flat Q Sentinel. Newer ones are just to much dome. What is the closest disc that resembles the older one? Core, Medius, Others???? Thanks in advance

From what I have heard the Hornet (the 2010 Ace Race) disc has a similar flight
The disc shape and profile are not similar though
The Hornet is higher profile and has more dome but again the flight is similar so you might want to try the Z version

For flight, I'd say the Drone or Hornet, but the Sentinal is still longer than these two. For feel maybe a Zone or CFR gator, but once again, not as long. The Core is waaaaay more understable, but it has the distance. Have not tried the "Pain" from Lat, but it's suppose to be an overstable mid. Have you checked out Hero or Discmania? Since they are all kind of one big happy Innova family, I know some mold crossover happens, but under diff names sometimes.

yeah I agree, closest would be hornet or maybe KC Roc for flight but that was a pretty unique disc so for feel and flight you will be hard pressed

i was curious if these were still in production. i had one a while ago and sold it because it generated some interest and i never really gave it chance. i was under the impression that the san marino q sentinels were no longer in production but i recently found some new ones on a shelf along with a cheap one in a used bin and i decided to pick em up. after giving them a try i may have found something that takes over my overstable mid spot in the bag. so are they still in production or did i just get lucky on these? they have the san marino tooling and a CEish feel/look.

Latest posts