• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quattra's Bag - Comments

Quattra

Ok, I have posted my bag before season 2011 and now season it's getting to the end and my bag looks like this:

Putter:
2xInnova R-Pro Polecat (max weight)
This one is one and only putter I feel comfortable so I don't see any problems with this.

Mids:
1xDiscraft ESP Wasp (max weight)
Wind-resistant mid for me. Only use when I need more fade than Buzzz can offer.

1xDiscraft Elite Z Buzzz (max weight)
My go-to mid. Absolutely love this one.

2xDiscraft ESP Comet (max weight)
I use this when I can't use Buzzz or I don't want any fade. Super straight for me!

Drivers:
1xLatitude Gold River (max weight)
1xLatitude Opto River (164g)
My go-to drivers. Very straight..

1xInnova Star Teebird (162g)
1xInnova "Champion" Teebird (max weight)
Champion one is something between Star and Champion plastic. Cannot see through it. I use these when I need little more fade than Rivers can offer. Mostly when I need accuracy and control.

1xLatitude Opto Vision (don't know)
My most unique disc. Sick understable so when I need to turn right (RHBH) this is the disc!

1xInnova Star TeeDevil (165g)
This one is my current test disc. Hoping that this could be my distance disc.

1xDiscmania C-line PD2 (max weight)
Forehand shots when I cannot use BH.

Comments please!

Btw. This one was pre-season lineup (changed much!):
Drivers:
Discraft ESP Avenger 173g
Discraft ESP Avenger SS 173g
Discraft Z Nuke 173g
Discmania S-Line TD Rush 172g
Discwing Quarter K 2 174g

Fairway:
Discraft ESP XL 173g
Discraft Z Xpress 168g
Innova Star TeeBird 175g

Midrange:
Discraft Z Comet 175g
Discraft ESP Wasp 172g
Discraft FLX Drone 173g

Putter:
Discmania S-Line P1 175g

what kind of distances are we talking? Do you also use the Polecats for drives? thats the only thing that really jumps out at me is a solid driving putter and maybe a nice overstable meathook for utility type shots but all n all looks like a very solid setup .. especially up to the Teebirds :thmbup:

...thats the only thing that really jumps out at me is a solid driving putter and maybe a nice overstable meathook for utility type shots...

Yeah, I'm thinking Zone might be nice. Might even knock out the Wasp.

Looks pretty straightforward to me. If the Buzzz is your favorite, go-to mid I'd try and complement it with discs that are extremely similar for consistency's sake. My votes would be for Overstable: ESP Zone :thmbup:, Wasp, Pain, some C-MD2s. You might want to do some research in this since the Wasp is OOP in ESP and you might need to replace one day anyway. For Understable: Meteor :thmbup:, Fuse :thmbup:, Comet, uh, Mako.

We are talking about 375 when driving with Rivers. I hope that TeeDevil is going to get me over 400 consistently...

Teebirds is 350-375 with comfort.

I'm not player who rips all out of hand. It just makes my game go very inconsistent.

I can use Polecats for very low powered drives. There isn't big gap between Buzzz and Polecats what comes to short ranges. I dont usually like feeling of putters so very low speed midrange could be answer for that gap.

^^^ yeah zone is kind of a tweener putter-mid .. but very beefy.. classic roc or dart are more of those kinda fast putter slow mid tweener discs.. might like that feel a lil better then a standard putter

Yeah, I'm thinking Zone might be nice. Might even knock out the Wasp.

My votes would be for Overstable: ESP Zone :thmbup:, Wasp, Pain, some C-MD2s. You might want to do some research in this since the Wasp is OOP in ESP and you might need to replace one day anyway. For Understable: Meteor :thmbup:, Fuse :thmbup:, Comet, uh, Mako.
In fact I already have Z Wasp and it doesn't differ too much. ESP just gives me little bit better grip so that's why it's in the bag.

I had P-MD2 and it wasn't good for me. I don't know if C-line differs much from P-line in MD2... It was very close to Comet except Comet is much more versatile. I can put it into any line and it holds it nicely. I have learned my lesson with Comet and because of that my throw is is much better. And yeah, I got nice stack of ESP Comets! ;)

And what comes to Zone, it looks really interesting. If I understand correct it's quite low profile? With putters I hate high profile. With low profile its definately worth of trying. Maybe it could drop Wasp out of bag. ^^

yeah zone is super low profile dude.. and yeah the C-Md2s are supposed to be pretty beefy.. even more so when compared to a comet.. but im with you i love me some comet :p

^yeah, the Zone is basically a small diameter, overstable Buzzz. It feels a lot like a Buzz/Buzzz SS. Very nifty little meathook. The C-MD2 is not Comet like at all, to me it's like an easier to range Buzzz that keeps it's HSS as it breaks in.

^^^ yeah i have heard people compare the c-md2's to glo buzzz just never thrown one.. also dunno how true it is but the lime green c-lines are supposed to be beefy.