• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro Boss

Craton

Double Eagle Member
Okay, so I'm starting this because I went onto Innova's website, and found that the Boss is coming out in their R-Pro plastic starting June 8th. It comes in weights of 135-164g, and is supposedly much more manageable...WHAT THE HECK! This is SO weird. If you don't believe me:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/rproboss.html

This thread is to get our "WTF, mate" out of the way before it's release, and then after it comes out, I'd like to hear from those of you who pick one up what weight you got and how it's handling for you.

Last edited:
On a side note, I think it's funny that another disc that they put the time and effort into releasing in R-Pro was the Hydra...

Yeah Boss, Skeeter, Hydra, Cro, Aviar are on the front page right now...

neat green on the boss though.

what?:eek: i hated that disc. i think that the r pro is a great plastic but enough is enough. next it will be used on every disc.
I'd actually like to see the R-Pro line expanded. I'd definitely buy an R-Pro Teebird, Wraith or Starfire.

Yeah Boss, Skeeter, Hydra, Cro, Aviar are on the front page right now...

neat green on the boss though.

*spews tea on himself after reading Skeeter* Hell yeah! Just when I thought I was done buying discs for a while, they go and make a new Skeeter! Sweet!:D

My R-Pro Boss flips sweet for me when I chuck it. Massive distance. I'd love to see a regular production line!

i got one of the test run r-pro bosses a month or two ago, whenever they came out, and i NEVER throw it....the disc is flippy, too light, and DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT throw it into a tree.... this disc is has no durability to it what-so-ever, the only time ill bring it out is on a wide open hole, with absolutely no wind....and i still dont like it....its more of a show off/collector disc

thanks for saying that innova, now i won't go out and spend 10 bucks for the information.

When is Innova gonna update their main page to include an icon for R-Pro plastic on the appropriate models...?

When is Innova gonna update their main page to include an icon for R-Pro plastic on the appropriate models...?
Hopefully never. The stuff is hands-down the worst plastic I've ever thrown. Terrible durability. The stuff makes the old Lightning plastic seem like CE.

Sorry, I've been a downer on the stuff from day one. Maybe it was self-fulfilling prophecy, but I expected to hate the stuff and I do.

Hmmmm... CE plastic lasts really, really long time... they don't make it any more.

R-Pro disintegrates upon contact... and they're putting everything in R-Pro now.

Sounds like marketing decisions to me... ;)

Hmmmm... CE plastic lasts really, really long time... they don't make it any more.

R-Pro disintegrates upon contact... and they're putting everything in R-Pro now.

Sounds like marketing decisions to me... ;)
Make 'em crappy so you can sell 'em another one. Worked well for General Motors didn't it? Well, for awhile anyway.