• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro

bikinjack

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
What's up with R-Pro plastic? I've got a 2009 Innova catalog, and there is no mention of it anywhere. Our local club has some R-Pro Darts, which are rubbery, and soft. I don't see the Dart listed either. I have a real good habit of looking right at something and not seeing it, but I've looked a few times, so what's up? Do they still make discs with it? Do they still make the Dart? Should I even care?

The R-Pro plastic is a new blend from Innova, I've had a few diffrent discs from them in this plastic and there seem to be at least 2 diffrent blends they use. One is the plastic that you were seeing on the dart, which seems to be thier mid/putter plastic, it's very soft and rubbery. They also have another blend they are using for drivers, it's stiffer and not so rubbery. The R-Pro plastic on the drivers seems to be about as durable as DX, the mid/putter plastic seems to be a little more durable.

The dart is a new disc, first produced in 09, so that could explain why it isn't in the product guide. It was first produced in the R-Pro plastic, now it is going to be produced in star plastic sometime soon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I checked on the Innova site and didn't see anything there. So, it's new, not old? Who knew.

Well I did say I have a habit of looking right at something and not seeing it. Thanks.

Well I did say I have a habit of looking right at something and not seeing it. Thanks.

For a new lineup of plastic, you'd think it's Innova's red-headed stepchild (from their site anyways). I love the grip (almost chalky) of my R-Pro Boss, but it's just flippy for me - and it's worse in the wind. I put a nasty scar on the rim of my buddy's when I hit a tree with it. I wasn't throwing for the fences either.

I imagine this would make a great putter/midrange because it's so grippy, but it's not durable enough for even my wimpy arm as a driver.

I didn't really like the r-pro boss at all, but my r-pro aviar is one of my go to approach discs when I don't want a roll or skip, it does a nice job of just flopping.

I hated my r-pro dart. nevermind that I couldn't hit chains with it, that's true of every putter except the rhyno. I wanted it to be a soft approach shot that wouldn't skip, and it didn't skip. However, it rolled like nobody's business. It would just find a way to stand up everytime. I would cringe at the slightest wobble, because I knew that would mean it was going at least 30 ft. downhill.

I only putt with my R-Pro dart, love it. It's grippy and holds the chains and I can be very accurate from long distance. My only complaint is in a good wind, it gets caught up easy due to the lightweight plastic. Something about the plastic, no matter the weight, it gets caught up in the wind.