• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retweaking the bag and hoping to finalize, critiques welcome

Scouser17

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 4 years, 2 serious
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: 80% RHBH, 20% FH, OH once in a blue moon f***s my shoulder
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Pure 200/250'; Buzz: 275/320'; Eagle 320/350, Trespass unthrown

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Bad ankle
Other sport proficiencies?: Soccer, skateboarding, shuffleboard
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: dislike the fact that i keep switching drivers... planning to stick with a setup after i get some spring rounds in
Specific areas of desired feedback: Any suggestions welcome
Immediate and long-term goals: Trying to learn proper form, no oat or annying to get an os disc to fly straight so throwing lower speeds for the most part.

Putters: >220ft controlled. I can throw putters up to 275 or so but with little control due to muscling them.

2X Soft APX 176g: inside circle puts. flick approaches that need to be straight. anything under 200 ft that doesn't require hyzer. if its not windy throwing an apx for short shots
2 RGL pures 176 and 175 both newish. finally found my perfect match for straight driving putter. good distance due to the glide. on my most recent golf road trip used the pure for splitting trees in the woods and controlled drives. absolutely awesome, best disc i've bought since my apx's in august 2012.
Crystal flx zone : overstable putter, flick appraoches that fade or for S shots. wind putter. probably maxes about 200ft but great for the 12+ mph days in Oklahoma.

Mids: 230-280 ft consistently, can max about 330 with the buzz on a great shot.

Fuse, opto, 174g, understable mid, awesome glide, 90% Anny with no return shots. the other 10% of shots i use this for are hyzer flips in woods if i need more distancce than the pures. love this disc as well
Z buzz, 179g, straght mid with nice fade. Got my 3rd ace with this disc two days ago :p
XXX, gl 170g, i know this is a driver but it also functions as my overstable mid if i cant reach a spike hyzer with my zone. amazingly stable use this for 250-300 ft hooks.

Fairways: 300-360ft consistently, can max my star 172 eagle about 385 ft on a great throw.

River, gl 170g, straight shot with no fade. throw this in tight woods shots, don't use for annys. great disc to work my form and oat with.
Star Eagle-x 168g: Anny/S shots. shoots straight just as well.
Star Eagle-X 172g: stable eagle, hyzer shots.

Distance Drivers:350 ft-380ft, max 400 with luck 1 out 30 drives.

ESP predator, 169g. Stable and headwind driver. I throw this disc incredibly well for hyzers up to 330 ft consistently. I recently lost my beloved flx predator so i hope this fresh esp will work the same. I'll use the pred for wind 10-15 mph and my XXX if its 15+ as my distance driver.
Surge, esp, 169g X2, straight drives, i don't throw these much further or if at all than my eagles but the surges have a straighter flight path for me. considering dropping but unsure.
Tresspass, biofuzion, 168g and 172g, just ordered, i feel like putting some warp speed back in my bag for the spring/summer for wide open shots. i'd like to hit 400 ft consistently by august and i feel since im pushing my eagles around 350 and 360 pretty easily it is time for some practice again.

Any suggestions or ideas welcome

Going all lat/dd

Vitals:
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Pure 200/250'; Fugitive: 275/320'; Escape 320/350, Havoc 360/390

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: dislike the fact that i keep switching drivers... planning to stick with a setup after i get some spring rounds in
Immediate and long-term goals: putting putting putting

Putters: >220ft controlled.

2 Zero hard pures 175- in circle putts.
1 RGL 175 pure-stable drives
1 Opto 175 pure-stabler' drives
1 Sinus AP 175 hard zero- OS putts, flick approaches

Mids: 230-280 ft consistently

Fuse- opto, 174g-understable duties
Fugitive-173-straight

Fairways: 280-350ft

River, gl, 172g--annys
River, gl 170g--straight
Escape, lucid--stable/understable
Escape, biofusion 172--stable
GL XXX (2)-OS/flick/OH

Distance Drivers: 350-380 ft.

Havoc, Gl, 171, stable/understable, max D if no wind
Havoc, GL 172, stable/OS
Tresspass 168/172, same stability testing out

let me know what you think

I would pair a Pain for a overstable mid with the Fuse/Fugitive. What I do and works great for my needs. Other than that, I like it.

thanks for the advice, I tried the pain and it was a decent disc but not OS enough for that slot for me. as of right now ive been powering down my XXX for os mid duty but it tends to skip to much. I thought about purchasing a suspect but from the reviews its more of a putter/mid range speed so im thining about trying a gl or opto mace.

I don't really know if a Mace would be more stable than a Pain. I haven't thrown a Mace however. You might try a Trident for a meathook mid. I use mine from 100ft to 350ft if need be. Great reliable disc.

yeah i might have to check out the trident, i found one but gave it to my friend. i had to put the buzz back in my bag the fugitive wasn't cutting iit

I have a Trident that goes in and out of my bag all the time. "Meathook" is an understatement. I like it for spike-hyzers in wooded area's, but I don't generally need it on our main course. I too am in search of a good OS mid that is beefy, but isn't as beefy as the Trident. A buddy of mine has been talking up the Drone but that doesn't fit your all swedish motif. I'm hoping to try a Mace soon.

trimmed a little of the fat and added some much need mid ranges

Added a couple midranges, the fugitive was just a little to flippy for me. Dropped the sinus and trespass for now to simplify

Vitals:
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Pure 200/250'; Warship: 275/320'; Escape 320/350, Havoc 360/390

Optional:
Additional Information:

Putters: <200ft controlled.

2 Soft zero pure--approaches

Fugitive-173-flick only, get a nice 200 ft drive with it.
Warship TP, 175- stable shots
Waship VIP, 175- stable shots
Mace, GL, 175g, OS mid

Fairways: 280-350ft

River, gl, 172g--annys
River, gl 170g--straight
GL XXX (2)-OS/flick/OH

Distance Drivers: 350-380 ft.

Havoc, Gl, 171, stable/understable, max D if no wind
Havoc, GL 172, stable/OS

Added a couple midranges, the fugitive was just a little to flippy for me. Dropped the sinus and trespass for now to simplify

Vitals:
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Pure 200/250'; Warship: 275/320'; Escape 320/350, Havoc 360/390

Optional:
Additional Information:

2 Soft zero pure--approaches

Fugitive-173-flick only, get a nice 200 ft drive with it.
Mace, GL, 175g, OS mid

Fairways: 280-375ft

Eagle, 170g, champ--annys
GL XXX (2)-OS/flick/OH

Update

Vitals:

Optional:
Additional Information:

1 Soft zero pure--approaches

Mace, GL, 175g, OS mid

Fairways: 280-375ft

Underworld, VIP--fresh
Underworld, TP-fresh
Escape, lucid 172g-fresh
Escape, lucid 168g beat--stable/understable
Escape, biofusion 177--stable
GL XXX (2)-OS/flick/OH 170g, windy day driver

A couple of things: dropped the fugitive, I like the warship better. also dropped the eagle and picked up an additional escape to simplify. the XXX only goes about 250ft for me into a 15+ mph headwind tried out the villain but didnt have much more luck with it.

in zero wind situations my escapes generally go between 350 and 370 ft on hyzer release. I'm loving the way they fly and they are great for my sidearm too.

Just got the underworlds for my understables, my rivers werent working out but the escape kicked them out of the bag, plan on using the underworlds for powered down shots/tailwinds, and annys.

Just wondering if there is anything yall think i am missing. I'm contemplating a ten or 11 speed driver but i think i should stick with the escapes till i reach 390 or so with them

update

Vitals:
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Pure 200/250'; Warship: 275/320'; Escape 360/390

Optional:
Injuries/handicaps?: Bad ankle, torn lateral meniscus
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: nothing i really like all of the discs in my bag now.
Immediate and long-term goals: putting putting putting and upshot consistency within 200 feet.

1 Soft zero pure--approaches
1 Opto pure- 178g driving

M1, 178g,-- OS wind duties, flick approaches

Fairways/Distance Drivers: 280-375ft

Underworld, VIP--fresh
Underworld, TP-fresh
Escape, lucid 172g-fresh
Escape, lucid 168g beat--stable/understable, my sidearm disc works out great for me i can sidearm around 275 ft with it. greatest distance with this one average around 370 ft and have maxed ti at about 390.
Escape, biofusion 177--stable, hyzers
GL XXX (2)-OS/flick/OH 170g, windy day driver
Flx Predator 169g-- longer distance headwind driver

2 lucid renegades 169 and 175g--ordered these cant wait for them to come in. planningn on using them for hyzer flips and distance tailwind shots. we will see.

Replaced the mace with an m1 and i am really liking the m1 for os duties and flicks. i dropped the fuse and didnt replace it becuase my flick has improved and if i really have too i can throw one of my pures on an anny line. Added the predator for longer distance headwind shots i can usually get the pred about 300 ft whereas the xxx only goes about 260 or 275. im keeping both in the bag because the xxx is definately more stable and is greater for extreme hyzer flick shots to the right. CAn't wait to try the renegades

Latest posts