• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roast my bag

Top Ramen Arm

I'm very happy with my bag but if there's any over lap or if there's any drivers I should try if love to hear. I don't have any distance drivers just fairway.

Years playing/experience: 1ish year
Throwing Style: LHBH
Max Distance: 300ish'

Innova deluxe bag.

Bag:
-Drivers
169 Tournament Underworld (unpredictable mainly what I let new players and my girlfriend use)
166 Tournament Stag, (Hyzerflip very long turn over when thrown flat to slight anny Will also hold an anny) - main driver
171 VIP Stag, (decent turn forward fade doesn't turn and burn)
170 Firm Vibram Arch (very predictable harder fade than my vip stag)
167 Firm Vibram Acsent (my wind fighter)

-Mids:
178 VIP Tursas (still new and fades out of annys unless cranked on. Always comes back on hyzerflips)
172 Firm Ibex (more glide than my other ibex and pretty touchy)
167 medium Vibram ibex (holds all lines, if I back off on power it will flatten out of an any but continue in that direction with no fade.
175 Star Skeeter, (hyper flips,holds an anny for almost its entire flight and fades at the very end)
178 VIP bard (very roc3 like)
175 Origio Burst bard (still new very OS at the moment)

Putters:
174 BT Hard Harp (Main putter)
175 medium summit (US driving putter)
176 origio burst maiden (straight driving putter)
174 VIP harp. (Main upshot disc and driving putter)
Axiom envy unknown weight (gift) (driving putter stability between harp and maiden.

(in the voice of Gilbert gottfried)

You call that a bag? I've seen better bags at the homeless shelter.

My dead grandmother has better bags under her eyes.

Drivers:
Keep your Stags and either the Arch or the Ascent.

Mids:
Keep the Bard and either your Ibex or Tursas to pair with it.

Putters:
Harps and then the Maiden...no reason for the many putters. Learn to work that straight Maiden on multiple lines until you beat up some Harps to cover the US/Straight lines.

In General:
Honestly, I'd look at just dropping the Vibram stuff...they are OOP and you will have a hard time finding good backups. You seem to like Westside stuff so maybe look for some replacements in that lineup for the Ibex/Arch/Ascent. Also, definitely try and cut back on molds and see how well you can work the discs you like.

#roasted

i refuse to understand the perspective that someone needs more than 2 putting/approach molds

i refuse to understand the perspective that someone needs more than 2 putting/approach molds

I have 4 but include the scale and stego in that, which are more like mid ranges than putters.

I appreciate all the feedback. The reason I have so many putters is because I have been searching for "the one" so I make the ones that don't make the cut approach and driving putters.

Who throws a shoe?!

this never gets old :hfive:

I appreciate all the feedback. The reason I have so many putters is because I have been searching for "the one" so I make the ones that don't make the cut approach and driving putters.

What is your putting style? You don't see a ton of people use those lower profile, OS putters for putting unless they are fairly aggressive spin putters (like MJ with Ringers)

I spin putt the index finger goes on the outside edge of the rim and all others grip the inside rim, I definitely "run" my putts. Ive been pretty money with my BT harp my putting game has sky rocketed since I got it

Last edited:
I can see that if you're going for minimalism. There are some unique molds out there though. I'm not gonna putt with a Stego and a PA4 is too almost lid-like to be comfortable putting. So then I need something to actually putt with and an OS bookend.

i could easily use pa1 and pa4 and have every drive and putt covered

i could get 3 pa1 and cycle them too for only 1 mold

imo putting lines dont matter much as there isnt much change in flight patterns however for drives with putters the flight patterns vary much more which would warrant the need for different discs or stages of wear

Drivers:
Keep your Stags and either the Arch or the Ascent.

Mids:
Keep the Bard and either your Ibex or Tursas to pair with it.

Putters:
Harps and then the Maiden...no reason for the many putters. Learn to work that straight Maiden on multiple lines until you beat up some Harps to cover the US/Straight lines.

In General:
Honestly, I'd look at just dropping the Vibram stuff...they are OOP and you will have a hard time finding good backups. You seem to like Westside stuff so maybe look for some replacements in that lineup for the Ibex/Arch/Ascent. Also, definitely try and cut back on molds and see how well you can work the discs you like.

#roasted

Thanks for the feedback. I agree completely with you about the Vibram EXCEPT for the ibex lol. I almost want to try and buy every ibex I can get my hands on

I'm very happy with my bag but if there's any over lap or if there's any drivers I should try if love to hear. I don't have any distance drivers just fairway.

Years playing/experience: 1ish year
Throwing Style: LHBH
Max Distance: 300ish'

Innova deluxe bag.

Bag:
-Drivers
169 Tournament Underworld (unpredictable mainly what I let new players and my girlfriend use)
166 Tournament Stag, (Hyzerflip very long turn over when thrown flat to slight anny Will also hold an anny) - main driver
171 VIP Stag, (decent turn forward fade doesn't turn and burn)
170 Firm Vibram Arch (very predictable harder fade than my vip stag)
167 Firm Vibram Acsent (my wind fighter)

-Mids:
178 VIP Tursas (still new and fades out of annys unless cranked on. Always comes back on hyzerflips)
172 Firm Ibex (more glide than my other ibex and pretty touchy)
167 medium Vibram ibex (holds all lines, if I back off on power it will flatten out of an any but continue in that direction with no fade.
175 Star Skeeter, (hyper flips,holds an anny for almost its entire flight and fades at the very end)
178 VIP bard (very roc3 like)
175 Origio Burst bard (still new very OS at the moment)

Putters:
174 BT Hard Harp (Main putter)
175 medium summit (US driving putter)
176 origio burst maiden (straight driving putter)
174 VIP harp. (Main upshot disc and driving putter)
Axiom envy unknown weight (gift) (driving putter stability between harp and maiden.

Envy could be your straight thrower, Harp for OS or even beat harp for straight fresh for OS. Putting woth a harp seems like a chore. I spin putt and use P2s so it's all about release point. Learn to putt woth your maiden and throw your harps. Throw a worked in maiden for US duties and drop the Envy and Summit would be my suggestion but theres a lot of overlap and clutter in you putters IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree completely with you about the Vibram EXCEPT for the ibex lol. I almost want to try and buy every ibex I can get my hands on

Yeah...the Ibex was probably my favorite Vibram disc, great stable flight and the Obex was a solid OS mid.

I think the Warship should be similar to an Ibex, kind of.

Latest posts