• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Senior disc golf question

I had a question for/people with knowledge of senior disc golf.

I wanted to purchase discs and other equipment for my mom for mother's day. She is 65. She recently had a pretty bad injury to her non-dominant arm. She was a great athlete, played a lot of tennis and other sports, but now she can't really use her right arm (she is left handed). She is in pretty good shape. I was wondering if disc golf could be something she could get into? I am pretty new myself, does throwing put strain on the non-dominant arm?

For a new senior a midrange could be a better option. Depending on her power and form it could be something like Panther, Coyote, Buzz in order of rising power requirement with the Panther being low in power requirement indeed and the Coyote taking power fairly well and going the farthest and the Buzz in Z plastic being the most tolerant to throwing form errors.

Thanks for the advice, I saw a 150g Cobra on sale at a local store so I got that. Hopefully she enjoys it.

anthonydgolf20 said:
Thanks for the advice, I saw a 150g Cobra on sale at a local store so I got that. Hopefully she enjoys it.

Good choice! It is good to experiment throwing it back and forth a little bit before beginning a round.

A few years ago I tore my rotator cuff in my off hand. I couldn't throw for a few months. Just the force of rotating through during the throw was enough to cause severe pain. I don't know what happened in her off hand, but it very well may cause pain.

Latest posts