• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seth's Dad's Bag

SethL

Years experience- 20+ years of basic Frisbee, 4 months DG.
Right Handed
RHBH
Putters, mids and drivers- 180-200'

Age 42
Sex M
Ok with his bag
Looking for any sort of feedback

Putters
DX Colt- 171g- drives
Zero Medium Gauntlet-173g- drives and putts
Prime Judge-174g- putts
DX Birdie- 175g- some drives and approach

Mids-
Champion Roc3- never throws a mid

Drivers-
Polaris LS- 150g- main driver
DX Valkyrie- Hyzers
MVP Wave-like Hyzers

And an assortment of drivers that aren't thrown

Thanks for any feedback

Your Dad's bag looks pretty good. I threw similar discs when I was about that age and distance. I do have a couple of suggestions:

Midrange: Rocs are pretty beefy when someone is throwing 200'. A more neutral midrange might be more useful - something with a little turn and a little fade. Lots of choices - maybe something like a Fuse. Or a Comet, if he really wants to learn good form and is willing to have some ugly throws in the process.

Wave becomes more useful when he learns to throw 300+ feet. Consider a 150 Sidewinder in Champ or Star. After hitting a few trees that should work nicely. 150 Champ Sidewinder was my main driver when I was at that distance.

Good luck to your Dad. The nice thing about disc golf is that you can continue improving skills and distance well into your 50s (and maybe beyond).

Recommendations:

-pick one of the four putters, preferably the Judge or Gauntlet as they are beaded and base plastic and learn to use them for all throwing/putting needs.

-lose the Roc3, he will have a better time with a D Buzzz or Dx Roc in the 165-170 range as a good first mid.

-drop everything but the Polaris and the Valkyrie, the Wave is too fast and it's GYRO so get that out of the bag ASAP.

Latest posts