• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes? Your thoughts...

MrDaddyHill

What are the good/bad/ugly thoughts on these four pair?

51GeKB5GhdL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Pearl Izumi Men's EM Trail M 2 G/BB Running Shoe

k2-_37c85a0b-49c3-4af2-8b7d-4e7db9e52a83.v1.jpg

Reebok Men's Trailgrip RS 3.0 Running Shoe

$_1.JPG

Helly Hansen Men's Terrak Trail Running Shoe

512d%2ByMHJHL._SY395_.jpg

The North Face Mens 'Ultra Guide' Trail Running Shoe

Anyone? I just want to see... Am I completely off on what good shoes for DG are? Any replies would be appreciated!

my biggest problem that ive had with shoes is my little toe pushing through mesh uppers so I've switched over to more sturdy hiking shoes. trail runners like the one you've checked out are nice and comfy and usually breathable but for me between all the twisted on the tee pad and walking up and down hills, mesh ends up getting stretched and ripped fairly quickly. just my experience

the north face ones look like they may have a sturdier toe cap so those might be decent

Of the options you posted, I would probably go with the last one. In the past I have had the best luck with "trail running" shoes. They seem to have a good balance between durability and comfort. One of the biggest factors I look for is the sole (Vibram soles are great), since that seems to be the first part to wear out for me.