• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

smaller baskets are a static gimmick, here's the fix

txmxer

* Ace Member *
Basket size is a static problem. Larger, smaller, it doesn't matter. A static obstacle will have a fixed solution and the underlying issue won't be solved.

Disc golf needs a fix (so I'm told). The putting problem has been solved before disc golf was even a thing. Mini golf. Windmills!

A dynamic challenge with no fixed solution eliminating any possibility of players adapting to and overcoming the challenge.

Not just any windmill design, but a rotating cage over the basket. Because it's a windmill, it moves at varying rates and the challenge is always unique.

Sure someone COULD make a great putt, but they could also miss a putt INSIDE the circle due to the windmill deflecting the shot.

Don't like windmills...how about...

Goalies. This is pretty obvious.

Snipers. 12 year olds with sling shots and paint balls.

I'll bet we can develop an endless array of solutions to the "putting problem" and put an end to the failed static solution of bullseye baskets.

How could I forget? HECKLING! Allow opposing players and gallery to heckle...

Why would you give the old man another thread to ruin

It's pretty funny. He bashes me and the old man for continuing to post on something he feels is not needed at all and then goes and starts his own thread to dismiss it. A sane man would practice putting at flying baskets instead.

BTW, in disc golf, elevated baskets ARE considered windmills.

It's pretty funny. He bashes me and the old man for continuing to post on something he feels is not needed at all and then goes and starts his own thread to dismiss it. A sane man would practice putting at flying baskets instead.

What about triple mandos? ;)

I bashed you? I think such an accusation requires validation. Please link to said bashing.

Why would you give the old man another thread to ruin

This thread is about real long term solutions to the supposed putting is too easy problem.

The other thread was simply going in circles. Everyone who participated stated their opinion and nobody changed hearts or minds.

This thread is about real long term solutions to the supposed putting is too easy problem.

The other thread was simply going in circles. Everyone who participated stated their opinion and nobody changed hearts or minds.

And this thread is going to change minds? I don't think so. Nor have i seen any new ideas presented.

Basket size is a static problem. Larger, smaller, it doesn't matter. A static obstacle will have a fixed solution and the underlying issue won't be solved.

Disc golf needs a fix (so I'm told). The putting problem has been solved before disc golf was even a thing. Mini golf. Windmills!

A dynamic challenge with no fixed solution eliminating any possibility of players adapting to and overcoming the challenge.

Not just any windmill design, but a rotating cage over the basket. Because it's a windmill, it moves at varying rates and the challenge is always unique.

Sure someone COULD make a great putt, but they could also miss a putt INSIDE the circle due to the windmill deflecting the shot.

Don't like windmills...how about...

Goalies. This is pretty obvious.

Snipers. 12 year olds with sling shots and paint balls.

I'll bet we can develop an endless array of solutions to the "putting problem" and put an end to the failed static solution of bullseye baskets.

I'm all for your proposed solutions. How long before they're available to the public? I'll pay for a windmill myself! Have you started the process of PDGA approval for your new equipment? I can't wait...

Question for the experts.... when it comes to dg course design, is it mandatory that every par 3 has a legitimate chance for an ace?

San marcos TX (flying armadillo)has a dg course that is basically a version of mini golf. Big dinosaurs/windmills/other jokey things...most holes are sub 200ft.

/thread

Latest posts