• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SOLF questions

Fazor1

Par Member
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it. With the SOLFs, how much of a difference is there between the 1.1's and the 1.2's. Also, how do you know which one you have if you have a bar stamp? And how do I get my hands on a 1.2? And would a 1.1 QOLF be as overstable as a 1.2 SOLF? Thanks.

1.2's are domier and more stable than 1.1's. Ive heard the bar stamped ones are in the middle. 1.2's might be a hair shorter because it is harder to get them to turn. I love both.

Thanks for the quick response Aaron... I should have specified better... How much more stable is the 1.2? Is it pretty much like what an 1.1 OLF-X would be? Like the difference between the Wraith and a Wraith-X? That's my guess, but I've never threw a 1.2 OLF.

Or is it like a totally different disc? Like the difference between a teebird and a predator? I'm assuming not, but just curious.

Also would the QOLF be as stable as the 1.2 SOLF?

Thanks.

My 1.1 MOLF and 1.2 SOLF are within 2gr, typically get the MOLF 350 while the SOLF 325 with decent accuracy. The discs have the prod run numbers on the stamps, so if the vendor can't tell you, get another vendor. One has the dome rising for 1 rim width deep to center, the other has the dome rise for 2 rim widths inward. On a pure max rip, I can sorta turn the MOLF for bonus feet, but not the SOLF on my form. I normally throw the 1.2 SOLF since when it gasses out and bears left, it's more likely to drop shoulder and die, compared to the 1.1 MOLF 'shearing' for twice as much left distance.

Never tried a Q, really prefer the grip of other options.

Should prob try a thin OLS someday....

The Riot is a MOLF with the amp up to 12.

The 1.2 S Orions are the only speed 10+ discs I can huk consistently well.

I've thrown a SOLF 1.2 for a while now and although I absolutely love the mold, I'm not a fan of the sirius plastic as much as I thought I'd be as it has made the SOLF too inconsistent over time. I've since moved to QOLFs and primarily throw the 1.1s, but only the ones that feel like a vinyl record when you scratch your finger across...orange and i-dye (a tip from a certain Mill sponsored mod here). They are the closest to what everyone loves about the SOLF, but with the Q plastic they will retain their characteristics much, much longer. I've found the the 1.2 QOLF to be nice and domey like the 1.2 SOLF, but even more stable from the Q plastic. Thus my current use of the "secret" 1.1. I'm sure I'll eventually have to move 100% to the 1.2 Q, but for now I'm in love with the special 1.1.

I think the MOLFs, which appear to still be abundant, throw pretty much exactly like the 1.1 SOLFs.

I'll be interested to see if 1.2 MOLFs turn out domey like the 1.2 SOLFs.

Spinach D said:
1.2 MOLF have been out for at least 6 months!

they aren't very domey. they aren't the OLF mold either. swap the regular OLF's Wraith top for a TeeRex top, and you've got the erroneously named MOLF 1.2 . that mold configuration was the first test for an OLX, but it wasn't overstable enough to be an X, just a juicy stable MOLF. it flies just as stable as the more domey OLFs, but it's also a little faster in the air.

Fazor said:
Also, how do you know which one you have if you have a bar stamp?
all bar-stamps are 1.1s. NOT protos as people like to call them. they were just a few boxes out of the 1.1 run that got stamped with the bar. the only reason they fly different is because of the stamp and its uneven coverage. the bar-stamp QOLF and MOLF have similar attributes.

anyway, no such thing as a proto SOLF... that mold was proto'd in Q only, then the first run of all 3 plastics were run at the same time, and released one by one.

There has been 2 runs of MOLF? It seems like the first run of those about 6 months ago.

Whatever I have I like, and they fly just like the first SOLFs.

Ted Damson said:
Spinach D said:
1.2 MOLF have been out for at least 6 months!

they aren't very domey. they aren't the OLF mold either. swap the regular OLF's Wraith top for a TeeRex top, and you've got the erroneously named MOLF 1.2 . that mold configuration was the first test for an OLX, but it wasn't overstable enough to be an X, just a juicy stable MOLF. it flies just as stable as the more domey OLFs, but it's also a little faster in the air.

Did they change the OLS top too?
M or S versions?

Been missing my white OLS in the mix this winter, and need to go Orion shopping.