• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Speed 9-10 Drivers

Brodysseus

* Ace Member *
I'm looking for a new distance driver. I like my Lace, but it's a little bit too much disc for me. The Speed 9-10 discs I have thrown have been the most comfortable in my hand for a driver and have given me designed flight paths.

I have thrown Valkyries, PDs, Roadrunners (must have got two freaks, because they were WAY more stable than I expected), and a few others.

I am either looking for an OS/US pairing (probably PD and something that has some turn that I can work for distance) or a more Neutral driver in this range than I can work to do multiple things.

I'm mainly looking for something I can throw far (but fairly controllably), but wouldn't mind recommendations on a wind fighting disc.

Beasts. Great availability, variety of plastics and stabilities with each.

Pd, sidewinder? I can't throw stuff that fast but if I could, id throw pds. I have a buddy who loves his olf and ols too.

Beast and Sidewinder are decent choices. I'm thinking of grabbing a Surge from Discraft.

CPD, SPD and PPD. The PPD is straight out of the box and breaks in to a really nice turnover disc. The SPD won't flip but breaks into a really long straight flyer with reliable fade. The CPD starts out nice and overstable and can handle a good strong headwind even after significant wear.

Try out the Latitude 64 Saint....can't go wrong with either Gold line or Opto.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

PD and a lighter Amp if you want to give MVP a shot. You can work quite a few lines with it and the PD is great also

the saint is much more overstable then the valkrie , I say try another valkrie try star plastic or a advenger ss they both work well for me and I am not a strong arm guy

I've been working the Fury / Saint combo. Both feel *almost* identical in the paw and with a combination of Gold Line and OPTO, you can cover a wide range of stabilities...

For more wind-fighting ability the Stag comes out. Not technically a speed 9 disc, but the same dimensions as the Fury and Saint make the switch seamless. :thmbup: