• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SpinTV Searching for Vintage Frisbee/Disc Golf Media

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *
Hey everyone. I just posted this on facebook - and figured it'd go well here too:

Jamie Thomas on Facebook said:
Disc Golfers and Frisbee enthusiasts alike - I need videos and photos of vintage frisbee golf circa 1970's and 1980's for use in SpinTV projects (such as our new ‪#‎AskDave‬ series!)

It's not too hard to find Ultimate clips, Freestyle, etc. but more difficult to find golf-specific media.

If you have access to such footage, please message me, or send me an email ([email protected]).

Even if you don't - if you can tag a friend that might, share the post, or anything else you can help do it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to do two things. First I need more B-Roll for series such as #AskDave (and anything that may benefit from this footage in the future). Secondly, I'd like to have a stockpile of this footage for posterity. The more data we create on the internet, the faster 'analog' gets buried and harder to find against SEO algorithms, etc.

Thanks in advance everyone. Feel free to PM me or email ([email protected]) as well if that's better for you.

Rick Rothstein of Disc Golf World in Kansas City has multiple copies of every 'Disc Golf World News' magazine ever published, but that's just photos. Also older DVDs/VHS and such, but I don't know how far those go back. PM me if you want his email, I'm sure I can find it.

Thanks guys - I've sent a message to Tony, and I can definitely reach out to Rick as well, PM'ing about the email.

Latest posts