• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spring 2021 in the bag

wadpe

Par Member
Played first rounds this week. Got excited on the sport again but it feels hard technically.

Focusing on standstills to have smoother throws, I feel like my timing is way off. I am not quite satisfied with my power.

D-line P2 - Putting.
S-line P2 - straight 230f (beat-up)

Kc Roc - New and flat, slightly OS
Kc Roc - Beat-up, slightly understable
Dx Shark - Understable (mostly risking throwing this over water)

Opto Explorer - Can take lore wind than FD
S-line FD - Straight and little fade.
C-line FD - Some wear, straight disc
Champ Savant - Really beat-up, forehand (these are quite OS when new)
Star Roadrunner - Understable.

It's beginner friendly setup as I am trying to get my form back. Mostly focusing on accuracy.

Right now I can throw 300f at best, midranges 270-280f. I know I have previously thrown 330-350f with an FD. I might add the extra utility discs like Tactic and FD3 when I am more comfortable with the neutral discs.

I have not bought any discs in like a year, due to not being able to find d-line P2:s for example, and not necesserily needing any fast discs.

P2s are all gone right now, and might not be produced for quite some time. Looks like you have a nice straight, mellow, easy going bag. I get in trouble sometimes finessing super flippy discs, so I'd like to see a little stability. Glad your c-line FD is straight. Mine flies with lots of fade and almost no turn at 325' range.

I'd have a hard time with that bag on windy day, which is basically every day that I've played disc golf the last 9 months.

I'd have a hard time with that bag on windy day, which is basically every day that I've played disc golf the last 9 months.

Yeah I mostly throw the explorer into the wind unless it's crazy windy. That might also be that you have a lot more power than me.

I think FDs depends on the run a lot, my s-line is pretty flat and stable, but the c-line is domey and it was not too stable out of the box. I've had it for like a year and I'm glad it has some late finish even if it's glidey.

I've also had 170 s-line FD which was pretty understable when new, even if it was flat.

I think I will leave the most stable stuff out because that does not help with crappy technique. I've had 400 H3v2 as a windfighter. That thing never failed to hold up headwind for my armspeed.

Also I've carried Doombird III FD3 but that thing is for short spikehyzers. Maybe 280-300f annie-flex at best last summer. Way more OS

Let's see how it goes today with my disc selection.

Looks like a solid bag. Neutral discs are great when you are working to regain form. If you find that there is a shot you cannot execute you can fill that slot when disc manufacturing gets back on track.

Are you playing mostly woods, mostly open, or a mix?

My nearest course is a park, but it involves some trees. But nothing too crazy. The new layout involves shorter straight tunnels with some trees, but they are not super tight.

Today was awesome I had opportunity to play in a minimal wind and I felt on point. Made few good tee-shots and also nailed some circle-edge putts. I felt that I used almost every disc I had. I felt really comfortable with standstill shots. Also crushed FD couple times and I felt like it had the line I wanted.

Kc Pro Roc - This new flat one I threw 280f straight from standstill I was really happy with this.

Kc Pro Roc (worn)
Dx Shark - These felt little uncomfortable as they flip more, but I threw the roc 300f pretty straight. The shark is like finesse and less power shots.

S-line P2 - I threw this 240f from a standstill once. My average is 230f I'm really happy with that kind of straight shot. Sometimes this disc is hard to not OAT with the deep rim. Sweet disc after you have used it for like a year.

C-line FD - I got some turn out of this as I tried to max out on this. Can still expect it to hold up little bit with a late fade. Great for uphill shots if you want to go straighter.

Star Roadrunner - Didn't really feel this, flipped it too much. Might be OAT-problems. Didn't really throw this.

Champ Savant - Felt great for +300f straight shot with little finish. Might not get all of it with my power.

400 H3v2 - Threw this once into some headwind, but mostly for utility shots.

As you might guess my course does not require a lot of drivers. But I was going to improve my form and accuracy and it felt great today. Trying to get consistent and wishing for more windy day so I could play differently.

Last edited:
Had a fun round with only 6 discs. Really working setup in a windy condition.

D-P2 - Broken in, does not have any of those stable features these have when new. Great for shorter holes.

Dx Shark - Fun to throw but quite understable. Awesome for tailwind.

Opto Explorer - Very similar to FDs but has more pronounced fade. Not really a windfighter anymore.

S-line FD - Usually does not get a lot of use, but very versatile disc.

C-line FD - Ends up being understable, but great if you want the disc to go right all the way RHBH.

400 H3v2 - Overstable buddy if I want to make sure the disc does not flip over too much with headwind.

Nice setup for casual rounds, just don't have the utility discs for special shots (tactic, fd3) and the extra discs if I would lose one.

Carried way too many discs so I tried to resort in having the most important discs with me.

Putters:
2x KC Pro Aviar - Putting putters.
S-line P2 - Driving putter.
Exo Hard Tactic - upshots.

Mids.
Kc Pro Roc - flat and new
Kc Pro Roc - beat-up turnovers.
Dx Shark - Understable, backup

Drivers:
S-line FD3 - super OS. Mostly for upshots and weird shotshapes into a wind.
400 H3v2 - Overstable driver
Opto Explorer - this is new and OS
Opto Explorer - beat-up explorer.
S-line FD - straight.
C-line FD - understable.
Star Roadrunner - Understable.
D-line FD - Super Understable, for rollers and trouble shots.

Might have some overlap but I am pretty confident with these discs.

Latest posts