• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stable disc with small lip?

tizzfishin

I'm just getting back in DG after a 10 year layoff. I picked up some new discs but can't get used to the big lips on the new drivers. I have a Boss and Wraith and they don't feel right in my hand. Even the Vulcan feels to big. I have a big arm but can't get used to these discs. I have a Beast that feels pretty good. Any suggestions?

if you have a big arm look into this new fancy plastic made by swedish people. Gold Line Striker, after a couple rounds it goes for miles straight. Although I would say teebird as well.

yes yes. pds and strikers fit the bill as well.

though those champ pds are REALLY overstable (caveat: ive only thrown the pre-production runs).

I've got a production run on the way already, I'm hoping its REALLY overstable.

I've got a production run on the way already, I'm hoping its REALLY overstable.

I'm thinking they'll be less stable because I accidentally flattened the hell out of a CPD going a dye, and it's an absolute meathook now. Seems the flatter they get, the more overstable they are. With the production run being more domey it should go the other way?

my pre-production is as flat as a pancake. rigid as timmy is with the rules as well.:eek:

haha, well idk, I've dropped all my "big drivers" for now, and I've already got a s pd as my fastest stable disc, so I'm gonna try and work in c and p pds for the overstable and understable slots.

Thanks for the replies. I do have a Valk and am getting used to it. I will pick up a teebird on Tuesday before I play La Mirada.

Yeah currently live in Tustin. I grew up playing HB. Just got back into it a month ago with a old friend and have been playing la mirada twice a week.