• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Sticker on a disc

Cryshot

Hi guys,

what is the best way to get a sticker off a DX/R-Pro/XT plastic? It sticks so perfectly that it really sucks. I tried acetone and other things, but it either screws the disc or doesn't work at all.

Can you help?

For the times that the sticker comes off, but the adhesive remains stuck to the disc, I just put a dab of peanut butter on the adhesive and rub. It takes a little bit of time and rubbing, but it works.

I just use water to soak and break down the sticker then scrape the remains off with my finger nail. For the sticky residue rubbing alcohol and elbow grease gets the job done.

I just use water to soak and break down the sticker then scrape the remains off with my finger nail. For the sticky residue rubbing alcohol and elbow grease gets the job done.

This. Especially to get the sticker itself off.

For the residue, the hand sanitizer gels (which contain alcohol) do a good job of getting the sticky stuff off the disc...

Dip the disc in warm (hot is better) water for about ten minutes or so. It should remove everything with zero effort.

Rubbing alcohol and/or goo gone works.

If you want to go the natural remedy route, sprinkle some fine dirt or sand on it and rub it off.

For the times that the sticker comes off, but the adhesive remains stuck to the disc, I just put a dab of peanut butter on the adhesive and rub. It takes a little bit of time and rubbing, but it works.

Works for sap too.

Any additional tips for Discraft weight stickers on the rim? Sometimes they come off great; others, not so much...

I toss them in the front car window and run hot defroster. Most stickers come off easy in one piece when disc nice and warm.
Rub off any remnants with finger. Tiny touch of goo gone if needed.

Unrelated to the actual intent of the thread, but is it legal to put a sticker under the flight plate and put your contact info on it? Seems this would be no different than not taking the price sticker off, so how could it be illegal? I actually prefer painters tape, since it comes of without residue, but will stay on the disc surprisingly well.

It adds a noticeable thickness to the disc which makes it illegal for use in sanctioned play.