• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte, NC

Sugaw Creek Park

Permanent course
05(based on 0 reviews)

dndelli

Par Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Join the discussion about Sugaw Creek Park

Hmmmm, I'm counting 7 new holes (9,11-15 and 17) and a couple lengthened (8 and 18), not really new. But this gets a new page set up. Seems to me it is less than the "half the holes changed" criteria that we seemed to have agreed on.

Hmmmm, I'm counting 7 new holes (9,11-15 and 17) and a couple lengthened (8 and 18), not really new. But this gets a new page set up. Seems to me it is less than the "half the holes changed" criteria that we seemed to have agreed on.
Hole 2 is a new hole. A new fairway was cut, new tee pad location, new basket location - all to the left of Old Hole 3. From the map it may look similar, but it's a much better hole that doesn't use the old fairway unless someone ends up over there by accident.

Hole 8 also felt new. It tees off from where Old 17's basket was but still plays to the same basket location as Old Hole 9's basket. So the fairway shape, angle to the basket, and tee shot are drastically different with a new gap to hit. The old Mando to prevent errant shots from winding up in Sugar Creek Rd is pretty moot at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come down.

Along with the holes you listed, that would be 50%.

All of that and other small changes, like Hole 1 (which added a dogleg right to Old Hole 2), and Hole 10 (Old Hole 12's tee and fairway playing to Old 14), Hole 18's tee and basket both being shifted about 60-80 feet further back, it felt like enough changes to warrant RIP-ing the old course.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Since I won't be back in the CLT area for a while, I was just going from the Old Layout map. It sounds like a lot of the subtle changes don't show up on the map.
Good they got rid of the need for a Mando on old 9/new 8. So the basket in the stump (old 14) is still in play? That really needed to be kept. :D

No argument from here, glad to hear the finer details. This just adds another course to bag!!

Agreed on the tree basket. One of my favorite baskets in CLT.

When you do make it back to the CLT area, feel free to shoot a message if you're down for some company. :D

Latest posts