• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Take my bag and convert it to one company

smarkquart

* Ace Member *
This is not a bag critique thread, or else I would have posted it there. If anything, I want you to take what I would consider a line-up capable of tackling any course within my skill set and then convert it all to one company, if you can.

The simple rule is a one for one disc swap until you have all one manufacturer of your choice in my bag. If there is unfortunately not a disc in that manufacturer's line-up, then delete the slot. If you truly believe that the equivalent replacement creates too much of an overlap, then I will allow you to delete that slot as well. Otherwise, try to keep it one for one. Again, this is not a critique of what I believe is a complete and solid bag for my game.

I am very interested in seeing what you can come up with. Who knows, maybe I might take one of your suggestions.

Quick stats:

420 maximum distance
370-390 controlled/ accurate maximum distance
350 distance I convert from fairway driver to maximum distance driver
280-300 average where I convert from midrange to fairway driver
200 where I consider starting to throw mids

RHBH 99% of the time. I only throw forehand to save my life. I have a fairly accurate thumber but only throw tomahawks and rollers for fun.

PUTTERS:
Dynamic Soft Warden for putting and short approaches
Dynamic Fuzion Judge for driving and long approaches
Discraft ESP Zone for hard fading putter drives

MIDRANGES:
MVP Eclipse Tangent for long, gliding straight to slight turnover drives
Discraft Z Buzzz for line shaping drives in the woods
Discraft Z Nebula for (semi) open field stable midrange drives. During the winter I am using fresh KC Pro Rocs in this slot so I do not lose my Nebulas.
Discraft Z Hornet for low and fast midrange drives in the woods

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:
Innova Champion Roadrunner for soft fairway throws in the woods. Also good for last second turns
Innova Champion Leopard for line shaping in the woods
Innova Star Gazelle for workhorse wooded drives and line drives
Innova Champion TL only in until I season up my 12x Champ TeeBirds
Innova Champion TeeBird (semi) open field precision and max distance when I am not feeling the wide rimmed drivers
Discraft Z Predator like the Hornet it is hardly used, but I trust it and I am glad I carry it. Great for spike hyzers and for when my 12x Champ TeeBirds finally season in.
Latitude Opto XXX for thumbers and ultimate wind fighting precision

MAXIMUM DISTANCE DRIVERS:
Westside VIP Sword simply an awesome maximum distance disc with equally awesome control for such a disc
Innova Echo Star Destroyer for when I need a little more lateral movement or I want to squeeze out more than what my Sword can accomplish

As you can see, quite a mix. I am a little heavy on Discraft mids and Innova drivers. So how would you convert it?

Discraft/dga

Magnet- putts
Focus- judge duties
Zone

Meteor or buzz ss to replace tangent

Avenger ss to replace RR

XL and XS, maybe undertow to replace gazelle and leo

Tracker to replace TL-TB

Avenger to replace TB

Xtreme to replace xxx, could also consider a venom or flick

Esp surge to replace sword
Esp crank or SP hurricane to replace Ds

If I had to pick one company I would pick innova...

Aviar for putts
Rocs for mids
Leo/teebird for fairways
Tern for your VIP king
Destroyer you are using

For utility discs get a gator for your zone, firebird for your pred, and a keep your gazellE

But as always why stick to one brand? If anything I would just try to cut down on your molds. You don't need more than 3 discs for each slot.

For example. You need understable stable and overstable for all shots. So 3 for mids, 3 for fairways, and 3 for max d. And you are set. And don't be afraid to break a disc in. Rocs are so great because they move from overstable to understable with time. Right now you have to many molds with overlapping discs

Right now you have to many molds with overlapping discs

Actually I do not. There might be some minor overlap with some shots between the Sword and Destroyer and then again with the Leopard and the Roadrunner, but as far as my throwing style goes and how I have specific roles for them, I really do not have overlap.

There are a few discs that are in there for specific holes I play only on a semi-regular basis, but this is my big bag that carries everything for every situation. My medium size bag carries four molds less.

But that is neither here nor there. I am challenging the forum to show me a whole manufacturer's bag with these specified stabilities and roles.

PUTTERS:
Dynamic Soft Warden for putting and short approaches
Dynamic Fuzion Judge for driving and long approaches
Discraft ESP Zone for hard fading putter drives

MIDRANGES:
Discraft Z Buzzz for line shaping drives in the woods
Discraft Z Nebula for (semi) open field stable midrange drives. During the winter I am using fresh KC Pro Rocs in this slot so I do not lose my Nebulas.
Discraft Z Hornet for low and fast midrange drives in the woods

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:
Innova Champion Roadrunner for soft fairway throws in the woods. Also good for last second turns
Innova Champion TeeBird (semi) open field precision and max distance when I am not feeling the wide rimmed drivers
Discraft Z Predator like the Hornet it is hardly used, but I trust it and I am glad I carry it. Great for spike hyzers and for when my 12x Champ TeeBirds finally season in.
Latitude Opto XXX for thumbers and ultimate wind fighting precision

Westside VIP Sword simply an awesome maximum distance disc with equally awesome control for such a disc
Innova Echo Star Destroyer for when I need a little more lateral movement or I want to squeeze out more than what my Sword can accomplish

Putters:
MVP Ion does it all, one of my favorite driving putters also but i always use it for approaches

Midranges:
MVP Tangent beat in and abused so it has more turn, always good to have a flippy mid-range that doesn't turn&burn easily
MVP Tangent fresh like you said straight to slight turning drives
MVP Axis to replace the buzzz for line shaping
MVP Vector to replace Nebula/Roc its like a flat top roc with premium plastic, i use it on most of my drives.
MVP Tensor in place of the Hornet and Zone because it resists turn so much while being able to crank it hard, amazing for low power lines. Most cases would work in place of a zone even though its a lot faster.

Fairway Drivers:
MVP Amp in place of the roadrunner and leopard, especially for those last second turns and line shaping
MVP Servo in place of the gazelle
MVP Neutron Volt in place of TL
MVP Proton Volt in place of teebird
MVP Shock very similar to a predator, also a great wind fighter
MVP Resistor great wind fighter and not too beefy, its not as much fade as the XXX but serves its purpose just as well.

Max Distance Drivers:
Who needs distance drivers? :D

Welllll pretty rough but I tried. lol'

PUTTERS:
soft neutron ION
Neutron/Proton Ion
(I don't carry an OS putter and actually carry and US one..pa4--)
Max weight proton firm Ion (high OM shoulder/domey)

MIDRANGES:
Flat Neutron Axis
flat neutron vector or domey proton axis
neutron tensor

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:
Neutron Amp
Hopefully neutron Servo :D
neutron Volt - beat
neutron volt- fresh
neutron resistor

Max weight proton volt
Neutron shock- beat

Well you have to go Discraft b/c there's no replacing the Nebula. :|

Obviously your entire bag could be Innova/Discraft/Swedish and you'd have no real problems but one disc that doesnt get a ton of love or recommended often is the champion cobra with the dx stamp. It's one of the best discs ive ever thrown when talking about right to left movement (RHBH). It TURNS, and always comes back, you can carve some crazy lines with that thing. The mini swoosh star cobras have fade but I dont think they turn as much which is why I dropped them as my line shaping mid. The DX has awesome glide and hyzer flip capability but doesnt like to come back. I carry one champ and two DX, love them.

not really sure why you just want one company, when 3 work together and co exist to bring the best discs on the market (my opinion of course)

You would for sure have to go All Discraft. It is the best company after all. :D

Putters

Discraft APX - Straight to Understable Shots,approaches
Discraft Challenger - Main Putter,Stable Drives and approaches
Discraft Zone - Utility Putter and Overstable drives

Midranges

Discraft Comet - Straight to Understable Drives,needs high lines to work good
Discraft Buzz - Stable Drives, does best on low tight lines
Discraft Hornet - Utility Midrange and Overstable Drives

Fairway Drivers
Discraft Avenger SS - Straight to Understable
Discraft XL - Straight to Understable,very good wooded driver,covers many shots in 3 plastics(Z,X and ESP).
Discraft Mantis - I'm waiting on this one myself,but this one seems like it's going to fill my need for a Discraft Teebirdish disc.
Discraft Stalker - Flies like a TL or worn in Teebird.
Discraft Predator - Only Utility Overstable Fairway you need.

Distance Drivers
Discraft Nuke - replaces Sword
Discraft Crank - Replaces Echo Destroyer,since they are known to be more straight.

There is no need for the Nebula. Your Hornet is much better at doing Overstable shots and the Buzz can do what the Nebula does with the Buzz thrown on more of a hyzer. So put that Nebula on a wall or something. :thmbup:

All you would be doing is limiting yourself.

The pro's only convert to 1 company because it's part of the politics... I think it's kind of lame that companies that sponsor a player make them throw their discs exclusively.

I throw Innova, Discraft, Legacy, DD, Latitude, Prodigy, westside, Quest, Discmania, MVP, & Vibram... They all have discs that outshine similar discs from other companies, and may fit "your" stlye more.

Don't sell your soul.. LOL
Don't

All you would be doing is limiting yourself.

The pro's only convert to 1 company because it's part of the politics... I think it's kind of lame that companies that sponsor a player make them throw their discs exclusively.

I throw Innova, Discraft, Legacy, DD, Latitude, Prodigy, westside, Quest, Discmania, MVP, & Vibram... They all have discs that outshine similar discs from other companies, and may fit "your" stlye more.

Don't sell your soul.. LOL
Don't

Trust me, the mixed bag is working for me and I would never unless I was fully sponsored throw exclusively one brand.

However, the original point again is a what-if scenario. What discs would you substitute in considering the discs I have and their specific roles within my bag? Again, this is all for the sake of discussion. Vibram and MVP answers are going to be easy (easier) because of their limited line-up. Yet if you allow crossovers like Latitude/ Westside/ Dynamic, then these answers might be intriguing.

It doesn't matter in the end, each company (with a full lineup) has discs that fit each slot you would ever need. They may be a little different than the other company but you would be able to learn the equivalent just as well as what you currently throw.

Honestly i think sticking with 1 company is a great idea, if your only throwing one kind of plastic, and they all feel the same in the hand its just another way to develop more consistency and familiarity.

For example Prodigy makes an AMAZING feeling plastic, if i threw prodigy i would likely ONLY throw prodigy and get used to their molds that fill all the slots i need because that same feel would always be there no matter what disc i grabbed.

Another example is MVP, great feeling plastic and most of the cores for their midrange, putter, and fairway discs are the same shape/size so you can have a consistent feel from disc to disc to get comfortable with. This is the main reason i decided to start throwing MVP almost exclusively, i just like the feel and wanted to settle on something to build consistency. As soon as i settled on one company, one mold for each slot my game saw improvement. Could easily have been any company.

Saying a disc from one company is better than another is the most opinionated bull**** anyone says on these forums, including myself which i am guilty of from time to time.

Nothing wrong with throwing a mixed bag either, for some people its a mind game and they have to "believe" that they are throwing a disc that's superior to other discs that in reality do almost the exact same thing. How you throw your discs and how well you understand your discs flight is whats most important, pick something and become the best you can be at it and don't look back.

Let's try all Prodigy::::::;)

420 maximum distance
370-390 controlled/ accurate maximum distance
350 distance I convert from fairway driver to maximum distance driver
280-300 average where I convert from midrange to fairway driver
200 where I consider starting to throw mids

PUTTERS:
PA4 for putting and short approaches / understable upshots
PA1 for driving and long approaches

MIDRANGES:
M4 for long, gliding straight to slight turnover drives
M3 line shaping drives in the woods
M2 for (semi) open field stable midrange drives.

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:
F7 for soft fairway throws in the woods. Also good for last second turns
F5 for line shaping in the woods / for workhorse wooded drives and line drives
F3 for open field precision and max distance when I am not feeling the wide rimmed drivers
F1 for ultimate wind fighting precision

D4 for when I need a little more lateral movement
D3 simply an awesome maximum distance disc with equally awesome control for such a disc

------------------------

Surprised this wasn't done. I'll be honest, I was a Discraft Mid/ Innova Driver guy for a long time. Prodigy won me over with the Mids and Putters...the Fairways are great. Not a huge fan of the D's but because of consistency in molds being all over...I'm sure new runs will be better. :clap:

Millennium:

Omega-AP or SS's depending on how firm/soft you like putters
QMega-driving putter

Aurora MS- 1 beat for understable, fresh for straight
Sentinel MF- 1 seasoned for straight-fade, 1 fresh for overstable
QMF- utility type beef

MJLS- cycle these for all fairway shots
EXP1-utility, unfortunately these are OOP
SOLFs- more stable shots, little faster than the JLS and more overstable

Q Quasars-cycle these as distance drivers

PUTTERS:
Aviar P&A
Avair bb driver
Discmania P3

MIDRANGES:
Rocs Star, Champ, KC, and DX

FAIRWAY DRIVERS:
Champion Firebird

Discmania PD
Innova Echo Star Destroyer

All Innova Bag:

Warden -> Aviar P&A (beat)
Judge -> Aviar P&A (new)
Zone -> Pig

Tangemt -> Jaguar
Buzzz -> Skeeter
Nebula -> Atlas
Hornet -> Gator

Roadrunner
Leopard
Gazelle
TL
Teebird
Predator -> Firebird
XXX -> Max
Sword -> Wraith
Destroyer

I thought it was funny how similar our bags are. Judge, almost all DC mids, almost all Innova drivers.

You could definitely swap out the Predator and XXX for a Firebird or two, swap the Tangent for a Comet, and swap the Sword for a Tern. That would bring you to all DC mids, all Innova drivers, Dynamic putters. That's basically what I do now except I will carry a Roc3, Atlas, and sometimes swap the FB for a very stiff and OS Avenger.

Putters:
APX
Focus
Zone

Mids:
Squall
Buzzz
Nebula
Hornet

Fairways:
XL (X, ESP, Z)
Tracker