• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That final plateau?

Regulator

Hey everyone!
After having a friend record me throwing from his Snapchat and having never previously recorded or seen myself throw from another perspective. I decided to take the leap and get interested into what can be improved.

I have been playing Disc golf for about 4 years, with the last 2 years competitively. Starting off as a dominate sidearm thrower for my first year of playing, to pushing myself into adapting to a conventional backhand for the last 3.
I used to have a lot of bad habits as of dipping on the pull through/not a full reach back etc. Also I've always worked on things from another person's perspective, never actually recording myself ever and breaking it down.

Backhand I can throw ~425 on a level plane, sometimes getting that "Good" pull every now and then. Sidearm I get about the same distance which makes me really want to tweak my backhand.
I feel as if my throw still has some sort of forward lean, possibly coming from an old habit of dipping when throwing. I also like to throw hyzer flips more often than not, possibly causing me to be in a hyzer release but sticking to facing forwards? Not sure
I feel my lower body has good balance and the pull through is quick. But I'm totally not sure in what could be that last thing to breaching the "major" distance.

Any feedback would help, these are the vids i captured from my friends phone. Later this week I'll try and get out and get some more throws from a more sideways view, or any other recommended angles?

These throws were controlled throws to focus on form, 60%. I will upload full cranks when I can get out next to really break it down.

Forehand throw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRBOEq-Kn7w

Backhand Throw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2X9ReUi_to

Yeah, BH you are tipping your upper spine back and forth rather than shifting your whole spine/balance back and forth upright in posture and centered dynamically. You push off your rear heel instead of the instep. You can see your head is quite tilted over to the right shoulder from your spine during the swing.

Your FH looks pretty solid.