• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] That little sticker on Innova discs....

mcdavis17

Bogey Member
Ok -- what's up with that little white sticker on the underside of the rim on new Innova discs? If I don't take it off when I get the disc, it usually comes off after a round or two of use.

Is it like the tag on my mattress -- its presence guarantees that the disc is new? Just wondering....

It's there to show the disc is new. Once the disc is thrown, the sticker usually gets marked up somehow and can be used to prove that it has been thrown. I usually only see it used by dealers selling the discs outside and people have the urge to test the disc out. The idea is--You throw it, you buy it.

I believe you are supposed to take that or any other stickers off before you throw, at least to make it "official" for tournaments.

Actually... the little white stickers are too keep the discs from making a vacuum and making a ring when sitting on the next disc. It is added at the final stage of inspection at the factory before the disc is placed on the stacks. A friend of mine worked there for 16 years... :D

Actually... the little white stickers are too keep the discs from making a vacuum and making a ring when sitting on the next disc. It is added at the final stage of inspection at the factory before the disc is placed on the stacks. A friend of mine worked there for 16 years... :D

That's awesome. I wish I was closer to their location so I could go check it out.

Exactly. If the pressure changes, like if they're shipped via plane, the little white sticker prevents damage.

Ha, it all makes sense now. I think I had heard that before somewhere along the way, maybe when I was hanging out at Discovering The World looking at all the discs that I have no money to buy.

I stand corrected. I had always heard it was to show the discs were still mint, but your explanation makes more sense. Thanks. :)

That's what I figured, always wondered though. I always check the plots for that "How It's Made" show thinking maybe they'll show disc factories but probably just wishful thinking. If I was Innova or Discraft I'd invite the show's producers over for some sweet publicity.

i bought a couple of discs from some guy and i noticed the stickers so i asked him what they were for and he said that most people take off the sticker so with it being on and clean you know its brand new

that's pretty sweet about the sticker, i'd always wondered that too.

^^ QFT

Latest posts