• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Bag 2.Zero

Zero1

Hi all,

My game is still very much in it's infancy and I have tried as many discs as I can (availability is a little limited in Australia - unless you are happy paying $$$$ for shipping) to try and find the right mould that works for me. I thought I would post up what I'm throwing to get feedback. Very interested to hear of anything I should be trying.

I throw LHBH and can get a max of 100m (320ft) with my drivers. I am now aware (thanks to these threads) that I do not get enough snap on my drives and I have a bad habit of "strong-arming". I'm pretty happy with my short game which mainly consists of my MVP discs. I would love to be able to find a driver that clicks as much as the MVP's do - you will note that it is a bit of a 'scattershot' at present to try and get something that fits.

So here goes:

Drivers
175g Star Wraith (Hyzer Drives)
175g Champ Beast (Open hole driver)
166g Z Flash (Open hole driver)
173g S OLF (Straight driver)
168g Champ Sidewinder (Anny Drives)

Utility
173g DX Valk (Roller)
175g JLS (Dead Straight)

Mids
175g Ti Buzzz (Flat top - straight)
175g Cryztal Buzzz (Overstable)

Putters
173g Soft Anode (Primary)
172g Soft Ion (Windy)
168g Med Anode (Straight/Anny approaches)
171g Med Ion (Hyzer Approches)

Thanks in advance for any advice....

Not much in terms of fairway drivers. Have you tried the Teebird / Leopard combo? The Leopard is similar to the JLS but shorter with better line shaping capability. Teebird is straight with some moderate fade.

Thanks Stringbean.

I have tried a Leopard and didn't find it much different to the JLS so I didn't keep it in the bag (maybe it was just that Leopard?). I have been keen to try a Teebird for a while - availablilty is the issue here.

I guess it is a good observation that I dont have alot of fairway stuff. On a par 4 my game is usually Driver -> JLS/Buzzz/Ion -> Putter.

Update:

Gateway Discs are having an event over here in Australia and I picked up a Sabre, Blaze and Mystic. Haven't thrown them too much yet but they may find a way into the bag. I especially like the Mystic and Sabre.

So the Mystic is in as an understable/flippy mid. I really like the rim of the (apparently) re-tooled mould. It is shallow and rounded - and snaps out of my grip nicely. The Blaze and Sabre fly as they advertised - but they are quite domey at the lip and I didn't like how they felt in the hand...