• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Travel to San Francisco

rehder

Double Eagle Member
So this will be slightly offtopic. Im coming to San Francisco for about 1 week, and of course plan to play at least Golden Gate Park and Delaveaga. Id also like to get a round in at Stafford, but Im not quite sure if the Trek is possible with a 2 year old. Can a stroller be used at Stafford?

What other sights should one go see when in SF, any good recommendations for places to stay?

You'll probably find the stroller to be a bit of a burden at Stafford with some decent hills but it is doable. Keep in mind that a round of 18 at Stafford will likely take over two hours so stroller aside your kid my get antsy.

If you are planning on Golden Gate, weekends can be really crowded so go early in the AM. Weekday afternoons may be crowded as well.

we'd love to have you up at Stafford but even with one of those hardcore offroad strollers it is gonna be a chore to navigate the course

rehder said:
Any good places to fondle plastic?
nothing good really, there is an alright selection at a game store in Berkely but that the closest thing to SF that i can think of

I'll show you around DeLaveaga if I'm in town. It's possible to also do Pinto Lake in the same day (or Black Mouse up in the redwood forest), if one starts early enough.

rehder said:

The DeLaveaga "club van" is a decent pro shop, with much of the standard offerings from Innova, Discraft, etc., and now lots of new plastic from Latitude 64. Nikko left some personal stamp Wizards and other Gateway plastic recently, and most of the other bases are covered. But the prices aren't cheap (though a few bucks from each sale goes to support the course).

JHern said:
I'll show you around DeLaveaga if I'm in town. It's possible to also do Pinto Lake in the same day (or Black Mouse up in the redwood forest), if one starts early enough.

rehder said:

The DeLaveaga "club van" is a decent pro shop, with much of the standard offerings from Innova, Discraft, etc., and now lots of new plastic from Latitude 64. Nikko left some personal stamp Wizards and other Gateway plastic recently, and most of the other bases are covered. But the prices aren't cheap (though a few bucks from each sale goes to support the course).
you're not joking about the prices, i will buy from DeLa disc little to never due to the terrible prices.....DJ's Mini Mart FTW

Jesse B 707 said:
you're not joking about the prices, i will buy from DeLa disc little to never due to the terrible prices.....DJ's Mini Mart FTW

I buy from the van to support Mark and the club, and the convenience of having it around.

DJs Mini-Mart is OK, but since they've stopped sponsoring the course, we've been buying less from them...

If you want to make it out to Santa Rosa, play it again sports has a pretty good supply of discs that they just expanded. Used, new and dyed for good prices. A lot of innova plastic but if you want to sort through everything, you'll find a number of other brands.

Also, in terms of courses, my favorite in the area is Skyline park in Napa. I'd say it's like Stafford but a bit shorter and tighter shots. There are at least three pin placements for most of the holes which change monthly. Worth the trip and you can't beat the restaurants in St. Helena and Yountville.

Latest posts