• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying to break bad habits

sacred

So here we are again. I have played slightly under a year and at beginning thought this can't be that hard, but now have come to a conclusion that I can't break these habits without an advice. I think I recognise many of my problems, but what I see as my biggest problem is that I open my shoulders and hips too early thus not getting my elbow forward enough. Any comments, drills and advices are more than welcome! I want to break the old habits and get around 350 ft. consistently. Currently my drives are going around 270 ft. with variety of accuracy.

That's a pretty major grip slip. Slow it down, and try to feel the outside of the disc being leveraged.

Last edited:
You plant with your front side too open. Your butt should be facing the target at the plant, but you are only 90 degrees from the target. Plant closed.

Your back leg turned too far back. Try getting the back foot and leg closer to 90 degrees and stay more on the back toes rather than going flat footed.