• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Turnover driver for medium speed arm

treehorn

Birdie Member
Hello,

Pretty much have my bad dialed but I'm missing a "Turn Over Driver".

I use an Underworld for longer mid fairway shots and it works perfect but I'm missing a turn over driver for distance and this wold help my game tremendously.

My arm speed is not up to snuff yet so I need a driver that will turn over at medium speed..

Any suggestions?

For something longer than an underworld I'd look at a roadrunner or mamba, speed 9 and 11 respectively.

The Starlite Roadrunners are a fun disc to throw. Good distance without much effort.

I'd also check out the TD2.

~150 gram Starlite Roadrunner or Mamba would probably be your best bet. I throw 170 gram Champ RR's but never thrown the Starlite, supposedly they turnover pretty easily.

If you don't have the arm speed to turn over big rimmed drivers, knock it back and throw a fast mid like a Stingray, Tursas, Meteor, etc.

Try the new Vibram Unlace. Assuming its like the protos (and there's no reason to think it's not), the Unlace turns extremely well.

I use the underworld out to 300, and the fuse 150-250. If I need to turn something over longer than that, I am sol because I can't throw over 300. I have, however, turned my bolt over pretty well in opto, and I would assume if you got it in gold line it would be a nive turnover distance driver and beat in well.

TM2 Vision. If that's too rare for ya, you could try a 150 class Champ Sidewinder.

Personal opinion is get a dx leo, and wear it in. Its hard to find a premium plastic disc that will turn over with around 300' of power. Pro leo wouldn't be a bad idea either, however mine is a year old and still comes back at the end.

I use a dx cheetah, waiting to get a champ.version from the factory store but the dx i love for a turnover/roller/finess shot, very controllable for me so i can do whatever i want. Not the popular choice but i love it

Not sure the distance you seek, but the avenger ss might be a good call for a true distance driver understable. Shorter, maybe a road runner, archangel, or even a dragon (yeah, I said it). Longer, maybe a mamba or king. As others have mentioned, the unLace looks promising, but I haven't thrown one yet. Also, if you like blizzard discs, the Krait is an undermentioned gem. And for a bit shorter, the diamond rocks.

I'd try a lighter (165-170) Latitude Opto Line Havoc or Bolt
If those are too fast, give a Monarch a try
HERE is a helpful guide