• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upgrading to a backpack bag. Grip, Flak X, or Rebel?

I've had my Fade bag with straps for several years now and I'm looking to get a backpack bag. After searching through the forums, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and I think I've narrowed it down to a Flak X, a Grip, or a Rebel. Looking for advice from anyone who possibly has owned two or more of these bags. Looking to carry 20ish discs, with the option of carrying extra clothes, snacks, stuff, etc. Help me decide.

I currently own a Grip L and a Rebel. They are both great bags, and I think you'd be happy with either one. In my opinion the Rebel is lighter and more comfortable on the back. It is also taller, which makes picking it up by the strap from the ground easier. Disc capacity is fairly similar- you might be able to squeeze a few more into one over the other, but I haven't really tested the limits to compare. I'm currently carrying 23 in my Rebel- same as I had in the Grip. I really like the vertical storage of the Rebel- I think that's what makes it feel better on the back. I think the Grip probably has more storage room for extras, although I don't really carry extra clothes so that's a non issue for me.

Best suggestion- find someone local that has each and feel them up.

From my limited experience with the UPD Shift bag I can definitely say that UPD makes a quality product. The biggest thing is that they are so comfortable to wear.