• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Parks Shift on tall guy

RTHelms

Hey everyone.

First time poster, so I apologise if similar question has been asked before. I couldn't find any using the search button.

I am looking to add a bag to my Christmas wishlist, and have fallen for Upper Parks Shift.
It will be my first bag, so I don't need to carry too many discs, and I really like the design. It seems to receive a lot of love on this forum.

However, being a tall guy, I worry that it might be a tad small on my back. What are you experience with the size of the bag?
For reference, I am 2 meters tall (6'7) and somewhat slim.

Any feedback is appreciated! :)

I also have been wondering about this. I'm 6'4" and about 280 pounds. Would the Shift be too small or thin where it wouldn't be comfortable on my back? Or alternatively would it just look ridiculous?

I'm 6' 1" and 160. Thin, pretty narrow shoulders, long legs and short torso. The Shift is very comfortable for me, partly due to light weight.
The bag is light enough that I almost never wear both straps at once. So I have them adjusted to be a little looser than I would if I put both straps on and clinched it up. Even having it where I do, I'd estimate that I still have another 12" of strap available to adjust it out if I needed it.
At 6' 7" most bags are probably going to look a little smaller, but who cares?
The padding on the shift is thick enough that it should not create an issue wherever it contacts your back.

The straps are sewn pretty close together on top of the bag, so I could maybe see an issue if someone with shoulders like Dwight Howard tried wearing it, but I really think you should be fine.

6'4" and 240 here and have used the shift for quite a while now. I actually prefer that it sits higher instead of resting on my lower back like my Gorilla Boy with Quad shocks did. Yeah, I know that I could shorten the straps a lot and have it sit higher, for some reason doing that was just not a comfortable compromise. I'm considering upgrading to the Rebel but I'm worried that it might sit lower.

Does anyone have the dimensions for either Rebel or Shift? Just for the bag(s) itself, not the shoulder straps.

I tried one, and liked the feel but on my 6'2" 215 frame it looked on the small side for me. I don't care about looks to the extreme, but I love the way my grip bag looks both while wearing and on the ground.

6' 3" and about 230 lbs. it rides high for sure, but most packs do on me. If I use the cheat strap the waist strap is too high, and visa versa. Definitely comfortable though, I like the size and the straps are great. It's a good bag, about as small as 90% of backpacks are on me anyway. Part of the curse of being tall, that and people always asking to help with projects and really just meaning hold this over your head while I use a ladder.

I'm kinda more worried about whether I would be too wide for it. I used to play college football so I have a wider torso and shoulders than most, and unfortunately still carry too much of that old playing weight around. I am wondering if it would be uncomfortably thin or small, and make the chest/waist straps useless. Sounds like I would only have the option of using the chest strap and that would be if it would even close around me.

I am a smaller guy, but I never use the waste or sternum straps. In fact I removed them. I just put the bag on one or two shoulders and that's it. There are adjustments on the shoulder straps, but I rarely mess with them. I set them where it's comfortable to get the bag on and off and then forget about them. The Shift rides very comfortably without having to be cinched up all the time.

I am a smaller guy, but I never use the waste or sternum straps. In fact I removed them. I just put the bag on one or two shoulders and that's it. There are adjustments on the shoulder straps, but I rarely mess with them. I set them where it's comfortable to get the bag on and off and then forget about them. The Shift rides very comfortably without having to be cinched up all the time.

(disclaimer: also a smaller guy) I don't often use it, but I found the chest strap to be nice on longer walks on rougher terrain. I removed the waist straps though. Never used, and always just felt in the way.

Thanks for the feedback. I will stick to the Shift and hope that it won't be too small on my back.
The size really seems to be the only downside to this bag (which paradoxically is also one of it's stronger sides) - everything else seems to be top-notch!