• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Want to play in Nashville 3/21 and 3/25 - looking for local guides.

t i m

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I have a business trip down to Nashville for a conference that lasts 3/22 to noon on 3/25, so I'm getting on a 5:25 a.m. flight on Saturday to get there in time to play Saturday.

I would prefer not to have to rent a car if I can help it. I am hoping for a local who wants to play a full day of disc golf on Saturday, 3/22. My flight arrives at BNA at 8:05 a.m., and I'm free all day. Any takers?

I will be happy to cover gas money, lunch, and bring a favorite disc or two as thanks for anyone willing to help show me around. Just let me know what you throw.

Also, on Wednesday, 3/25, my meetings end at noon, but I scheduled the latest flight possible -- 7 p.m. out of BNA -- so I've got all afternoon to throw. I'm hoping to find a local who wants to play a couple of rounds at Seven Oaks Park that afternoon, since it is right next to the airport. I can cab out to the course from the hotel and meet someone (I'll have bags with me) if they can give me a ride to the airport ~5 p.m. after a couple of rounds. Or if someone doesn't mind coming into the city, I'll be at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown -- about 6.5 miles from the course.

Same thing goes -- I'll be happy to cover gas money, lunch (Chick-Fil-A:)), and bring a disc or two as thanks. Just let me know your favorites.

I appreciate the help to all the locals. Course suggestions are also welcomed, though I imagine whatever locals are willing to help out will have their own ideas on what is best to play and what time frame we can hit everything.

For Saturday, I'm totally game to play 'til dark. A 100+ holes in a day is fine with me.

If you think you can help, please PM and I'll send you my e-mail and cell phone and we can work out details.

I have never played disc golf in Nashville, and I'm very excited to get down there -- I've heard GREAT things about some of the courses. For what it's worth, I play Pro (~970 golf), but am always happy to play with anyone who is out there to have fun. Skill isn't nearly as important as attitude to whether or not I enjoy playing golf with someone.

I don't know if it's possible, but if someone wants a marathon day, I would LOVE to play a Saturday loop that hits Cedar Hill, Sharp Springs, Sanders Ferry and Crockett Park. Then I can hit Seven Oaks on Wednesday and have played all the courses I've heard rumors about in Nashville.

Anyway -- locals, please let me know if you can help out. Thank you all so much.
-tim

If you ment on the 21st I can play a few rounds but don't think I could do an all day. We could probably get in 2-3 courses though. Be warned, I am no 970 golfer though!!! Way too many putts in my rounds to be that good.

Whoever you play with make sure you play

Cedar Hill
Seven Oaks
Sharp springs

They are by far the best 3 with cedar hill being the cream of the crop. Sanders Ferry is a pretty course, but a player of your rating would destroy it. Crockett is also going to be really good but still doesn't have concrete pads.

I'll check with the wife and make sure nothing is going on, but I can definately play 2 courses if you can't find anyone to play all day.

Later,
J.D.

JD-excellent. Thank you for the help.

And YES, I did mean Saturday, 3/21. (I understand the 5-minute editing rule, but sometimes it frustrates me.)

I'll keep you posted on what locals respond and let you know what works out. I'm just very excited to play new courses.

And you'd be surprised how poorly I can shoot on easy courses :D -- all my hot rounds are on hard courses. I tend to shoot over 980-1000+ on really hard courses and more like 920-950 on easy courses. Basically, I miss too many putts. Putt percentage is a big deal when the SSA is in the 40s, but doesn't matter as much when the SSA is in the 60s. Putts become a much smaller percentage of the total number of throws, and that's good news for me.

Can't wait to play Cedar Hill... reviews sound awesome. If anyone on here has control over the pin placements and wants to put them all in the longs before 3/21, I'd be very grateful. :) The harder the layout, the better I'm looking forward to playing it.

They usually have a mix at cedar hill with a few short a few long and a few middle. They don't change them but every few months so it will probably be the same as when I played it yesterday. The current setup is very nice. A very good mix, you won't be disappointed. Just shoot me a PM if it works out and you want to play. If it's not raining I'll be playing somewhere that morning anyway.

Last bump -- who is free tomorrow. It looks like beautiful weather and I am hoping for a long day of disc golf if a local is kind enough to show me around.

Again, I'm not above bribery: discs, lunch, gas money...

I could always rent a car and follow my own schedule, but I'd rather enjoy the company of locals if I can... always nice to have someone showing you around.

Again, I'm hoping to hit three, maybe four courses if there is time. All the highlights of Nashville disc golf.

PM me here or hit my e-mail: tim (((AT))) tiltedhalos (((DOT))) com

Thanks again.
-tim

I wish I could meet up with you. I'm spending Sunday night in Nashville and will be golfing all day Monday. I have to drive the 3 hours back to Louisville, KY that night so I can't stay too late. Oh well, maybe next time.

Update: I'm planning on renting a car for tomorrow and meeting up with J.D. (jgentry) to play a couple of rounds in the a.m. -- probably at Cedar Hill. After that, I plan to head to Sander's Ferry, then to Sharp Springs to round out the day. Anyone who wants to join me at either course, please e-mail me.

Where I really need help is on Wednesday. I really want to play Seven Oaks on Wednesday afternoon, and it just won't be possible to rent a car. I'll do cabs if I have to, but I'm not sure how hard it will be to get a cab from the park to the airport.

On Wednesday, 3/25, my meetings end at noon, but I scheduled the latest flight possible -- 7 p.m. out of BNA -- so I've got all afternoon to throw. I'm hoping to find a local who wants to play a couple of rounds at Seven Oaks Park that afternoon, since it is right next to the airport.

I can cab out to the course from the hotel and meet someone (I'll have bags with me) if they can give me a ride to the airport ~5 p.m. after a couple of rounds. Or if someone doesn't mind coming into the city, I'll be at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown -- about 6.5 miles from the course.

Please contact me ASAP if you think you are available to play on Wednesday afternoon. Or pass along my e-mail to any locals you know who might be available. Thanks again.

Oh, and my e-mail: tim (((AT))) tiltedhalos (((DOT))) com

It was nice playing with you Tim. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and the rest of the courses.

Just a little note for the Nashville natives. Tim made a sick 2 on number 10 at cedar hill from the long tee. The pin was in the long straight position. 2 incredible shots.

J.D. and Derek,
Thank you both for being such gracious hosts -- it was more than I could have hoped for to get to play 6 rounds on three amazing courses during the time I was in Nashville. Cedar Hill truly is a gem, and I can't wait to get back out there.

For any folks considering a trip to Nashville -- or even to TN -- get to Nashville and join these guys for a round or two at Cedar Hill. One of the most relaxing, beautiful and best kept courses I've ever played. And definitely some of the most welcoming locals, if JD and Derek are representative of the people there.

Thank you again. I hope to have the chance to return the favor sometime.
-Tim