• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside love...

Johnson

Double Eagle Member
Hey all, haven't been on the forums much lately. Just wanted to say the swan putter replaced my jk aviars and magics, the northman is killer, holds any line, and the boatman is a very reliable stable driver, anyone else diggin' Westside?

Never even seen one, I've only heard of it because it's on Marshall St's Flight Guide.
I'm way interested though :)

What's the plastic selections/comparable to?
Flat, domey?
Similar to other well-known molds?

Pretty domey, big diameter so good glide. Plastic is made by lat 64 opto= VIP g.l.=tournament. The swan is really nice and grippy, super glide, holds lines very well, simply awesome, gotta try it. Northman seems like a longer leopard, never tried the river but I'm guessing they're very similar.

The King is easy big distance. A lot easier to control than a Katana or Vulcan. It's my favorite mega speed driver.

Big dome with a nipple in the middle. Looks weird, flies awesome.

It's not so much a nipple, its right on the kings belly.
More of a belly button. :)
If it was a little lower it would be a teenie weenie inverted Finnish peenie.

I throw the snot out of my Northman, its my goto understable fairway disc.
Added the King last week, not sure if its gonna bump the Nuke out of the hyperfast, understable max distance slot just yet, but I will give it some more throws.

LOVE the Tourney plastic, will add a Tourney Northman as soon as I figure out which color I want.

Just ordered a Sword in each plastic, and a tourney Boatman since the opto is already one of my favorite discs.

well i have a sword on the way. guess we'll see if ill be joining the club. question tho for yas, does westside at least have a good idea of what they post for flight numbers? or as they as awful as lat64? cause looking at joes flight chart and their numbers id say they prolly post accurate numbers.

hmm.. I'd have to say no, westside numbers are a bit off, but Joe's do look good.

King: ain't a 14.. and 14 5 -1 4 is a bit stable for it too (my innova numbers would be 12 5 -2 2)
Northman: doesn't hit 10 imo, probably 9 - its very valky but with viking stability
Boatman: probably is 11, but feels really beefy due to the very tall rim - very similar to a PD in hand, but unique for an 11. 11 5 0 2 is pretty accurate
Swan: someone mentioned a Pure with Magic stability.. I gotta get one but the sites I've gone to recently never have them
Sword: I expect the numbers to hold as the boatmans did. Its only 1 speed faster but I expect it'll have the "warp speed" feel which the boatman did not.

There's only a 1 turn difference between the boatman and the northman but they are completely different... try gotta go it you're looking for a swan....

ya i figured the Kings numbers were a bit ridiculous. everything else seems accurate as long as you knock a notch off the speed.

Swan

hmm.. I'd have to say no, westside numbers are a bit off, but Joe's do look good.

King: ain't a 14.. and 14 5 -1 4 is a bit stable for it too (my innova numbers would be 12 5 -2 2)
Northman: doesn't hit 10 imo, probably 9 - its very valky but with viking stability
Boatman: probably is 11, but feels really beefy due to the very tall rim - very similar to a PD in hand, but unique for an 11. 11 5 0 2 is pretty accurate
Swan: someone mentioned a Pure with Magic stability.. I gotta get one but the sites I've gone to recently never have them
Sword: I expect the numbers to hold as the boatmans did. Its only 1 speed faster but I expect it'll have the "warp speed" feel which the boatman did not.

I have had a couple Northman in my bag this last month and they are starting to grow on me. I agree with your numbers on the Northman. It is Valkish and maybe closer to an SL. I used it in 15mph headwinds and could get a new Northman to annie all the way to the ground. It also held great lines and was very versatile.

I am curious and will be trying a boatman as there were times I wanted to use the Northman but wanted just a bit more stability in the disc in case I got into trouble.

Cheers - Koffee

I found the boatman to be much more overstable than the northman. A great disc IMHO.

yea, I love it but it is quite overstable - I think the Tournament Boatman will be the ideal stability, especially once it wears in a little bit.

Yeah that's why I sold my VIP Northman and Boatman. Tourney plastic seems to be more glidey and less stable. Not to mention a lot grippier..

What does the rim of a Swan compare to? Rounded like a Voodoo, round with a slant on the bottom like an Aviar, etc?

And if you say Pure, then you'll have to help me out with that as well, lol.

the pure swan and warlock are all pretty similar. i wouldnt comapre it to a aviar unless your talking about the old san marino mold.

Warlock eh, so kind of bullet shaped I take it?