• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the craziest weather conditons you have played in?

discdoh

Birdie Member
Back in 1999, I played with 2 other crazy fools at Sedgley Woods DGC in the remnants of Hurricane Floyd. It had already rained enough inches of rain to make the course a literal flood area...there were raging rivers on fairways that were nowhere close to a creek bed/stream. The winds were blowing at at least 70 mph and the rain was coming down in buckets! One of the guys that was golfing decided to strip naked (way unprepared) after 9 holes and don a Walgreens poncho I had in the trunk. Every teepad he had to let go of the poncho and drive. Wanna talk about a show! The bottle of Jaeger that day gladly blocked out most of those memories...good times!

It was crazy last fall I played on a nice day no wind and sun was shinning. Haven't seen weather like since here in Great Bend, KS. Kansas weather sucks. Anyone else played on a good day lately. I heard at the GBO with the killer KS winds there were guys clearing 800ft. Crazy

Back in 1999, I played with 2 other crazy fools at Sedgley Woods DGC in the remnants of Hurricane Floyd. It had already rained enough inches of rain to make the course a literal flood area...there were raging rivers on fairways that were nowhere close to a creek bed/stream. The winds were blowing at at least 70 mph and the rain was coming down in buckets! One of the guys that was golfing decided to strip naked (way unprepared) after 9 holes and don a Walgreens poncho I had in the trunk. Every teepad he had to let go of the poncho and drive. Wanna talk about a show! The bottle of Jaeger that day gladly blocked out most of those memories...good times!

I can't beat it.

However, the worst I've ever played in was about 40mph winds, 20 degrees outside (without wind chill), constant rain all day Sergeant Mean's Park....miserable. The second round, at least a third of the tees were under water. Umbrellas were useless!

I can't beat it.

However, the worst I've ever played in was about 40mph winds, 20 degrees outside (without wind chill), constant rain all day Sergeant Mean's Park....miserable. The second round, at least a third of the tees were under water. Umbrellas were useless!

Those tees suck when wet already, that must have been crazy. I think the worst was probably during the blizzard we had this winter. Which of course was just ridiculius. Only time ive ever used ribbons in the snow. Maybe joliet championships round one at highland though. It was a constant downpour the whole time and 30mph winds with gust reaching 40. Still managed to shot a decent round though at the time.

Those tees suck when wet already, that must have been crazy. I think the worst was probably during the blizzard we had this winter. Which of course was just ridiculius. Only time ive ever used ribbons in the snow. Maybe joliet championships round one at highland though. It was a constant downpour the whole time and 30mph winds with gust reaching 40. Still managed to shot a decent round though at the time.

Well, when I played there it was during a tourny....not casual or even for dubs.

It was horrible. It must have been before I became a member. I think it was 2008 or so....around this time of year.

105F. Last time I'm playing in weather that hot!!! I know some of you are from hot places but I'm in the NW and we have 40 degree weather 9 months out of the year.

Snow and wind and rain don't bother me as much as that heat!

Well, when I played there it was during a tourny....not casual or even for dubs.

It was horrible. It must have been before I became a member. I think it was 2008 or so....around this time of year.

Id like to play a tourney there. I actually like that course a lot for what it is. I aced 15 there with a gazelle on a nice hyzer flip right down the middle. I was surprised, its a pretty low ceiling shot if you know which hole im talking about. If they got concretes it would make it even better.

I was out playing last week. 45 degrees. Sunny. 30 mph gusting wind. Snow. All at the same time. Welcome to Montana in April.

105F. Last time I'm playing in weather that hot!!! I know some of you are from hot places but I'm in the NW and we have 40 degree weather 9 months out of the year.

Snow and wind and rain don't bother me as much as that heat!

I've played Sunset Park in August. It was 120 degrees in the shade. My water got HOT after 4 holes....It was ICE when I bought it at the store!

It was a dry heat though. I say bull****....It was EFFING HOT!!! I swore I would never play there in that kind of heat again!

I've played Sunset Park in August. It was 120 degrees in the shade. My water got HOT after 4 holes....It was ICE when I bought it at the store!

It was a dry heat though. I say bull****....It was EFFING HOT!!! I swore I would never play there in that kind of heat again!

Ha! We're typically a few degrees hotter than Vegas and for a pretty long time of the year. Ive played many 120+ rounds.

From blinding rain to courses covered in thick blankets of snow, and everything inbetween!

No lightning that day. Just the "huk lab" tendrils of the old hurricane rolling through. I count it as one of my favorite days of discin'. Leaning into the putt took on a new meaning...total war! I lost my tag that day (thank you, AK).

I played our forest course during hurricane "lothar" 10-ish years ago. Was crazy, and we lost many discs ^^ Next day we read in the news that it was the worst storm that EUrope had had in decades.

They get hurricanes in Switzerland?

i played in a blizzard here in Minnesota at Blue ribbon pines there was a tunny going on and people were like your just playing for fun your nuts.

We were skirted by a tornado. Played in blizzard, ice storms, rain, maybe not lightning so much... but that day with the tornado was nothing short of wow. We thought the trees were going to come down. I actually made a concious effort to putt in it... since I knew I may never have that chance again. I'm not sure the shot was even possible. Not even from just 10 ft. I'll bet it was 90 - 100 mph wind. Just for a minute tho.

seems were going to be playing day 2 of the Tye Cunningham Memorial in a downpour here shortly, not the craziest weather ive played in, but its fitting since were discussing weather

one of the craziest weather stories for me was teeing off 18 amidst tornado sirens and extremely menacing skies. a friend and i were on the furthest hole from the lot, roughly 1 mile away, when the sirens started blaring. as we sprinted towards the lot we both instinctually stop at 18 and look at each other. didnt even say a word, quickly dropped our bags, grabbed a piece of plastic each, and both parked it under the basket, collected our deuces and gtfo. good times