• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in between a Leopard and TL?

TheBGKid said:
What the thread title says. Thanks!

That's like asking what's between a rock and a hard place. They are about as close together as it gets in term of flights. IF you're going to get really technical, a DX teebird probably flies somewhat between a champ leopard and a star TL.

Star Shark said:
Would an Eagle-L fit that bill?

Most definitely. I was a die hard TL thrower for a few years and have transitioned to the EL. I find it is easier to throw than the TL and is a notch faster than the Leopard.

jubuttib said:
inthedrift said:
From what I've seen it's faster than the TL though.

I don't think it's any faster than a TL, perhaps even a bit slower. I've used Star TLs a lot in the past and they felt faster and had a bit more distance potential than I'm seeing with my SFDs (at least in a straight line).

discspeed said:
jubuttib said:
inthedrift said:
From what I've seen it's faster than the TL though.

I don't think it's any faster than a TL, perhaps even a bit slower. I've used Star TLs a lot in the past and they felt faster and had a bit more distance potential than I'm seeing with my SFDs (at least in a straight line).

The FD has a slightly wider rim but a blunter nose. It was never created to be a distance driver (unlike the TL).

Depending on the level of beatness all of the above can fit the bill except i don't know of the FD not having thrown one. A DX Cheetah shouldn't take a lot of time thrown in tight wooded courses to fade TL type or even in between the discs in the question. Cheetahs will break into Leopards eventually. With possibly a little bit more fade. DX ELs may be more difficult to acquire but Champs are around and they fade more than the TL and the semi soft blend of last year breaks in fairly fast for Champion on rocky courses to lose HSS to flip like the TL or even the Leo fairly soon.

I guess I should be more specific with what I'm looking for if that helps narrow anything down. I'm looking for a versatile fairway driver, one where I can throw it straight down a gap with a small turn and gentle fade, I can force it over for an anhyzer, or slow it down for a gentle hyzer without it fading hard to the left.

How far are you throwing?

I'd say stick with a leopard, prob a star leopard after you beat it up some.

Or an FD, which is what I use, and works at a wide range of power.

Flipflat said:
How far are you throwing?

I'd say stick with a leopard, prob a star leopard after you beat it up some.

Or an FD, which is what I use, and works at a wide range of power.

My drives average 350-375. My fairway drives are no more than 330