• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whiny little babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOURNEYPLAYER

*Reform School Scholar*
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Have u ever played a tournament round with someone who constantly brought a negative vibe to a rd and you knew that it was just going to suck for 18 holes? I especially hate this negativity on the bottom card. THS IS THE PARTY CARD GODAMMIT!! now lots of people dont quit tournaments because of the backlash but if you are playing like crap. bringing others down and just a complete a-hole in general stay home please. I am about sick of hearing "I dont care anymore" "i cant wait to go home" and all the other bullspit. Go home and do us all a favor.

In the end its just a game. and if you are going to be a big baby and bring the rest of us down thats what sux. i am glad i wear headphones most of the time otherwise it would bother me more. I can just blast some tunes and tune them out. some people get mad at other players throwing **** or cussing after a miss, that doesnt really bother me. its the constant pouting and figurative stomping of the feet that gets to me. JUST QUIT. Nobody will miss u and we will all be better because of it.

Like smokers whining the entire round at AM worlds that they can not smoke? We got it, you really want a cig, now shut up!

^ thats pretty lame. but their rights were infringed on. a player who sux at putting and then decides to bitch the whole rd about how he would rather be home but doesnt leave is a little diff. they caused their own mediocrity.

There is a guy who travels to tournaments with us who is just like this thread. At first I started trying to avoid inviting him. After a while I just figured out that he was added cash and each division needs these people. Don't convince them to quit. Encourage them to continue.

Don't infringe on someone's right to suck and be a b**** about it dude.

Land of the free, Home of the whopper baby.

^ thats pretty lame. but their rights were infringed on. a player who sux at putting and then decides to bitch the whole rd about how he would rather be home but doesnt leave is a little diff. they caused their own mediocrity.

No difference. a whiner can't get over a problem and it is bringing down the rest of the card. a whiner is a whiner.
Smoking is not a right. That is why it can be banned around schools, public resturants, government buildings, and sporting events

I do hate these people, but FWIW, I also hate people who are a bit too jovial or aloof of because they, or possibly the whole card, is out of the money, and are jacking around too much. Just because one is on the bottom card doesn't mean that the tournament is over, and that they can start interjecting their casual play BS, and can start cutting corners on the rules. (Maybe that's why those folks are on the bottom card to begin with). Those folks who hate the idea of rules and etiquette should also stay home.

YES!!!!

Yesterday I played a mini that is usually a blast to play, and this time there was a total dick who negged the group the entire round. A mean little short man. It totally threw my game off. Its my fault for letting it get to me, but I have never been in a situation like that before. My other cardmates seemed to know him and put up with his s**t. I would really liked to have dished it back but thats not me. I will use this as motivation to focus and kick his ass if I'm unlucky enough to get stuck on a card with him again.

Funny!

'Rights'??? That's a good one. I can't wait until that amendment gets added to the Constitution.

The 187th Amendment

- Whatever any individual wants is now a right. End of discussion. And all others are expected to assist in any way that helps this individual get his/her/hermaphrodite right. This includes assistance not limited to financial or physical pain and suffering.

I have to watch myself with this. My biggest fault in my disc golf mental game. I had a suck front 9 yesterday and had to apologize to my card (all buddies of mine, but still) for the language and aggressive pessimism. But I turned my mindset and the back 9 around to a respectable finish. The whole card was a little pissy though at the start, so it wasn't just me, but I was disappointed in myself for being "that guy".

Don't be "that guy."

i'd be po'd too if i was on the bottom card. guess some people are more used to it.

I have to say this is a good topic for a discussion......I just don't get why antisocial people would put themselves in a "very social" situation like a tourny. One thing to take into consideration, is while we have to interact with the players on our card for scoring purposes, or rules violations, we don't have to make idle chit chat with them, we don't have to listen to them complain, and we don't have to be friends with them. It has taken a few times for me to learn, that Im playing the tourny for myself, and if I let the Whiners bring me down its my own fault, so I "mentally shun" them, al a Dwight Schrute, and don't let them affect my game.

I have to say this is a good topic for a discussion......I just don't get why antisocial people would put themselves in a "very social" situation like a tourny. One thing to take into consideration, is while we have to interact with the players on our card for scoring purposes, or rules violations, we don't have to make idle chit chat with them, we don't have to listen to them complain, and we don't have to be friends with them. It has taken a few times for me to learn, that Im playing the tourny for myself, and if I let the Whiners bring me down its my own fault, so I "mentally shun" them, al a Dwight Schrute, and don't let them affect my game.

Oh yeah Pete, well........

I can't find anything to argue with you about

....carry on.

There is a guy who travels to tournaments with us who is just like this thread. At first I started trying to avoid inviting him. After a while I just figured out that he was added cash and each division needs these people. Don't convince them to quit. Encourage them to continue.

Im not saying quit DG. just quit the tournament. DNF. that way we still get their entry fee but dont have to listen to the bull. whining about needing a cig is nowhere near the same Rube. its like someone saying they are hungry or need some poon, should not affect your rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.