• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why do you play Disc Golf?

TylerD1

I am a design student at Emily Carr University and a life-long disc golfer.

I am currently doing a project centered around disc golf and body mobility. For my research I have a survey about disc golf if anyone here would be interested in participating please email me at [email protected]
If you are passionate about disc golf and want to help further the discussion on the sport and improve the equipment of the sport please help out and respond!

DiscGolfHappyPatch2.jpg

Leopard said:
great way to network with illicit drug retailers, wholesalers, and end consumers
Omigosh, I had no idea. :lol:

Disc golf is my favorite sport that I can still play.

jsun3thousand said:
the ladies.
Yeah, men sporting shorts, black knee socks, and a shoulder bag are continually accosted by swooning women.

Discs are cheaper than clubs.
Most courses are free to play any time you want.
I can go by myself, or take a bunch of friends.
It's always beautiful out at the course, rain or shine.
It's an excuse to physically get outside.
It's better than whatever work I left at my desk.

There's always that chance of hitting an ace.

I started just because my brother and friends played. I continued to play because I found the body motion and flight of a disc to be addictive. I've never been athletic but DG allows me a sense of body control (by manipulating it to create certain results) I had never previously felt. I like that I can think about how I want to throw before I do it, execute the throw, and watch that disc go right where I'd planned.

I enjoy walking in the woods and drinking beer.
It's competition while still being laid back.
It's an individual sport.
The sound of Slamming chains.

Well there are so many reasons, some bigger than others...

I think the main one for me is just watching the flight of a disc, its almost hypnotic - without getting too corny about it. Also, trying to manipulate the way it flies is so addictive.

Also, the feeling you get walking back to grab your bag after ripping a perfect drive is always up there. AND the sound of the chains splashing.

Why not?

But really, I've been throwing Frisbees and discs since I was young, so I was naturally drawn to it. It's fun, relaxing, and appeals to my inherent tendancy to collect things.

Because I get to spend so much time outside (especially during the non-winter months!)

I can make the game what I want it to be any day I go out. I can make it a challenge of my consistency and focus, or I can relax with some friends and just watch frisbees fly through the air - and it's a beautiful thing. There is no day that I go out to play that I don't look forward to it.

Love flight of the disc and the challenges inherent to the sport.

I'll play any sport, I love competing, but the challenge of learning to throw far and accurate, putt consistently, and score better has kept me hooked on DG.