• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

winter practice idea.

bomatic3

so i have a space, 75x150. i caqnt throw in there as it would dammage discs badly. so i was going to hang a tarp about 75 feet away, with a target X on it. i would then let it hang from the rafters. roof height is very high, probily 100 feet, so i can easily throw any line i normally do, save a thumber or some such sky shot. i would then practice hitting the target with hyzers, flats, and annys.

i want to do this because i am a first year player relearning how to throw, and i dont want to unlearn everything over the winter. when i started i used way too many new high speed drivers and tried to learn with them. now i throw rocs, sharks, and leopard/eagles. i am standing on many drives, with some a 2 side step aproach. i can toss the leopard 250 standing and easily 300 with a 2 step. the x step is the next thing to work back in, but i need to make sure i have my release timed correctly. i had huge problems with not throwing in the direction i wanted, early and late. i would always get what i want as far as flight pattern, but that does little good if it hits the tree 30 feet away.

so does anyone see any problems i might have learnign this way?

thanks for any help.

sounds good to me. as long as you can do a full motion its good for release. wont be able to watch the beauty of disc flight tho.