• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Won a pair of Keens. What's best choice?

Spinthrift

Eagle Member
Among the prizes for my 2nd place finish at Am Worlds I won choice of any Keens. I've read iffy things about the Milo, can't find anything about the Delaveaga, and there look to be other shoes suitable for DG but it's hard to tell what's my best choice. Recommendations?

Need any boots? I'd buy the most expensive thing they offer. If you are set on getting a pair of disc golf shoes, I would suggest the Targhee II. I have had the same pair for the last two DG seasons and no issues with them yet.

Delaveaga.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/fw11/shoes/men/trailhead/delaveaga

Look pretty nice. Not too thrilled with the colors, but I think they are much nicer than the Milos. I have worn several pairs of Targhee IIs, but the Delaveaga looks like the sole around the toe/toe box would stay intact longer than my Targhees.

juju said:
Need any boots? I'd buy the most expensive thing they offer. If you are set on getting a pair of disc golf shoes, I would suggest the Targhee II. I have had the same pair for the last two DG seasons and no issues with them yet.

I agree with juju. If you are into hiking or whatever, get a nice pair of boots. You may even want to take a look at some of their "business casual" type shoes if you wear something like that.

I also have the Targhee II that have held up real well - they are not my main DG shoe, but they've seen thier shar of action on the course. Do you play any courses with a lot of water? Keen makes some decent sandals/boot hybrids that are great for playing in as well.

Make sure your feet are wide enough for Keens before getting anything.

We all got a free pair of Keens as part of the 2009 USDGC players pack. Wish I would have gotten their most expensive winter boots instead of the original Milos (I actually still use those occasionally, they just look like someone barfed all over them).

Get a pair of the Delaveagas they're essentially an improved version of the Milo 2 the sole is all one piece now and doesn't rip and tear anymore. As for the colors I live pretty close to the Keen store here in Portland and have seen them in person many times they look great.

i suggest grabbing the most expensive thing available and if you don't like them you can always sell or trade them in for something you want.

Thanks, JR. My first Worlds and it was a blast. Tied for the lead going into the 135th and final hole. Hit a tree on the upshot, but couldn't ask for a better experience.

I've been using the Targhee II this season for early AM rounds when there is dew on the ground. So far they are holding up very well. The right foot big toe area takes a beating from me since I drag my right foot while throwing flicks. The sole isn't seperated there; it's one solid piece. I have skinny feet and these don't seem to be an issue for me. They do look big at the toe end though. It did take me a while to get used to the arch support. All in all, I like them. They're better than the Merrells/Solomons I have. So far...

Latest posts