• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XCaliber

I just got a star and eco xc in. they look and feel like a destroyer bottom with terrex x too. haven't tossed them yet.

I played a round with a guy that was throwing one of these. He was throwing it with a mild air bounce and about 10 deg. of hyzer. It would flip up flat and take off. I imagine that if you can release with a good amount of snap it should behave like a slightly faster TeeRex X. As much as I would love to run out and pick one up right now, I refuse to add the "latest and greatest" distance driver every time they come out. I hear next month they are going to release the Devil Hawk X.

geoloseth said:
I played a round with a guy that was throwing one of these. He was throwing it with a mild air bounce and about 10 deg. of hyzer. It would flip up flat and take off. I imagine that if you can release with a good amount of snap it should behave like a slightly faster TeeRex X. As much as I would love to run out and pick one up right now, I refuse to add the "latest and greatest" distance driver every time they come out. I hear next month they are going to release the Devil Hawk X.

Just got mine, feels like a faster Teerex X. Any feedback? Anyone?

zam is right on the eco dome. my eco should have been an x out because it didnt fill the mold out, that's funny because that plastic is supposed to do that better.

I got to toss my starxc last night. faster trx is right and its a lot longer top. I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be.

OK so me and a friend found some XC's 2 days ago at a local sports shop and immediately snatched them up. We went to the course and both threw them RHBH. Ehhh, wasn't too impressed right? But then we picked them up and threw them sidearm on the next hole. We BOTH were in amazement as we had gained 50-75 on our max distance sidearm. I was in love already. I was able to birfie a hole I had never birdied before. Then my friend, who's an Open player, thought he'd try a huge anhyzer with it, with a headwind of about 15-20mph. He winds up, and we both stand and watch it's flight in awe. It performed beautifully and sat underneath the basket about 420' away. OK, so it sounds like I'm a blowhard, but seriously, in my opinion, This is finding a place in my bag for sure. Me and my buddy then went back and cleaned out the store. We know we're jerks, but there's a finals tournament coming up this weekend! :D

yep now anyone can throw sidearm +300 ft!!! i shouuld replace these for my starfires-X sometime soon. but the protos were more overstable imo eco ftw

Have to spout off a bit after getting one earlier today.

This is a pretty hoss disc, I still haven't gotten the most out of it yet with it being so new and overstable, doesn't allow much turnover. I can see this being an excellent max distance headwind/hyzer disc. When I get it beat a little bit I'd like to think it would be an awesome all around max distance disc, maybe even completely replacing my teerex if it beats to a manageable stability, out of the box you have to force it to S-curve, but I like the look and feel of the rim. I took a closer look at it, and a faster Teerex is definitely the best way to describe this in short. I was disappointed with the change of the Teerex to 4 glide, but this disc is visibly a bit more domey. The rim is nearly identical to that of the Teerex, with the same edge thickness, and only a slightly lower profile (more gradual curve) for added speed. In flight comparison it wouldn't turn over near as much as an almost new cfr Teerex, though champion seems less HSS as it is. But the xcal is clearly more stable than the Teerex so far, as it was tough to keep it from hyzering too fast, likely because it needs to be thrown pretty hard to get a good line out of it. I'm very optimistic about how it will fly after a bit of breaking in.

how do you tell the difference between the echo plastic and the regular star? Do the echoes have a different marking underneath? Mine is marked *XC and is a mint green with a large star stamp.

The * just means star plastic. The eco friendly plastic is always light green, so you probably got one, I think they are more domey, translating into more glide than normal.

echo ftw i think these are the more overstable ones over the regular star plastics

Takeichi said:
echo ftw i think these are the more overstable ones over the regular star plastics

eco FTL :roll: too much stability=loss of potential distance
star FTW

x-out said:
Takeichi said:

star FTW

star will turn too much once it gets beat look at the destroyer

Takeichi said:
x-out said:
Takeichi said:

star FTW

star will turn too much once it gets beat look at the destroyer

that's not just star...that's champion destroyer's as well. the destroyer was a turn and burn kind of disc. a beat up Xcal might flip from time to time, but it won't track right and be gone forever.

maybe seasoned eco's and non beat stars FTT (for the tie)

Latest posts