• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

I'm hoping I have enough arm left after playing the course to defend myself from any attackers who are upset about that missing half disc!
You defended your reasoning extremely well and I didn't disagree with your assessment. I know I gave it a 5 disc review immediately prior to you, but everyone is entitled to their opinions and you thoroughly explained some shortcomings that I personally didn't experience because I fit firmly in that category of players that can play the White tees and not worry too much about distance being lacking for that skill level of tees. I didn't play the reds so I couldn't speak to the experience from the shorter tees nor if they were still a huge challenge for those who played them. When I played, I rented the cart instead of walking, was told they were renumbering the holes and that's why tee signs were absent, and didn't experience some of the things that you eloquently mentioned in your review. Often disc golf courses are like works of art, some people view them as masterpieces for very different reasons. Some people are inspired as much as someone else despite seeing the same thing. No shade from me on your review, it was very well done and justified in being a 4.5 in my opinion.

You defended your reasoning extremely well and I didn't disagree with your assessment. I know I gave it a 5 disc review immediately prior to you, but everyone is entitled to their opinions and you thoroughly explained some shortcomings that I personally didn't experience because I fit firmly in that category of players that can play the White tees and not worry too much about distance being lacking for that skill level of tees. I didn't play the reds so I couldn't speak to the experience from the shorter tees nor if they were still a huge challenge for those who played them. When I played, I rented the cart instead of walking, was told they were renumbering the holes and that's why tee signs were absent, and didn't experience some of the things that you eloquently mentioned in your review. Often disc golf courses are like works of art, some people view them as masterpieces for very different reasons. Some people are inspired as much as someone else despite seeing the same thing. No shade from me on your review, it was very well done and justified in being a 4.5 in my opinion.
I love this!

Likewise, I don't disagree with your 5.0. I don't think that there is a single "correct" rating for any course. Even among trusted reviewers, we have differences not only in skill level but also in what aspects of a course we think are the most important. Which will naturally affect the resulting ratings and overall feelings about courses to an extent. As objective as we all try to be, there's always going to be that "work of art" element to it like you said.

That's exactly where the average of multiple trusted ratings/reviews becomes so valuable. Like I said in the review, I think that the highest rated course on the site should be a product of reviewer consensus. There are always outliers in a consensus, and I'm comfortable with being one of them in this case. Eagle's Crossing is obviously a great course, and if the majority of reviewers see it as 5.0 rating then the average will reflect that.

Last edited:
I know you just added to your family, but I think I can speak for everyone when I say I hope you are able to get there before 2034!
Woops, looks like DFrah already beat me to it 🤣👍

I'm hoping I have enough arm left after playing the course to defend myself from any attackers who are upset about that missing half disc!
I understand the feeling. I think Rollin Ridge was in the top 3 when I gave it a 4.5. One of the only times I felt like I needed to justify my rating in the text of the review.

I've given some of my all time favorites 4s though. Not every course can be perfect for everyone and that's OK.

GIF by JuventusFC

On wow, 2023 is over in 15min. Just finished my closing paperwork, we got out butts kicked tonight.

I kid, I kid :p

I gotta say though, this was a ton of fun. Great idea by @wellsbranch250.

The best part was that nobody started half assing reviews to try to win this thing. It was done classy all the way around and didn't turn this place into another Udisc on the review side. TONS of great, informative reviews were added to the site because of this thread. I would've reviewed some courses of course, but not nearly as many as I did if it wasn't for this thread. Hats off to everyone who made the list and everyone who added ANY kind of content.

Now if anybody wants to ask me any questions, just know I'm in full Belichick mode now.

We're onto 2024 for this week.

2023: A Year In Reviews

With the turn of the year, here's or final standings for 2023:

1. wolfhaley - 151
2. PastorofMuppets - 108
3. sillybizz - 100
4. EspressoPatronum - 85
T5. Pizza God - 83
T5. Johnsondere - 83
7. HyooMac - 79
8. DFrah - 77
9. aclay - 65
10. wellsbranch250 - 60
11. Moose33 - 55
12. DiscGolfCraig - 53
13. Surge5 - 43
14. Cerealman - 42
15. Sisyphus - 36
16. Ryal - 35
17. knobby325 - 33
T18. dndelli - 31
T18. Naenae - 31
20. adlacro - 30
T21. mndiscg - 29
T21. Pevio - 29
23. Shadrach3 - 25
24. The Red Death 30 - 24
25. ivanhenson - 23

Total Reviews: 1,410 - 3rd most all time for a single calendar year.

We have a new Reviewer of the Year, as Wolfhaley officially takes the crown in 2023. Our 11th individual to take the title, Wolf also broke a tie to take solo 7th place on the all time list for most reviews in a year at 151; only mashnut, Dave242, MrFrosty, and The Valkyrie Kid have topped 151 reviews. This is also Wolfhaley's 9th appearance on a list (13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23), tying Upshawt1979 for 3rd most all time. It goes without saying that this is wolfhaley's largest review count for a single year.

PastorofMuppets had a first year for the ages in 2023, not only going from new DGCR member to Cubic Zirconia member, but reviewing 108 reviews to take the silver medal in 2023. With reviews for courses spanning from Tennessee to Arizona, PastorofMuppets has been a welcome addition to the reviewers on this site, and I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we look forward to seeing you continue to contribute reviews in 2024!

Sillybizz rounds out the podium as the 3rd person this year to hit 100 reviews, a feat only done once before. This is sillybizz's 6th year on a ROTY list (09, 10, 11, 14, 22, 23), and tops his previous single year high count by 42 reviews.

EspressoPatronum managed to stay ahead in a tight race to take 4th place in 2023 with 85 reviews, more than doubling his previous single year high. This is EspressoPatronum's 4th year on a ROTY list (20, 21, 22, 23), one of several members who have taken a simingly permanent residence on the list as of late.

Pizza God tops out at 83 reviews this year, tied for 5th place. This is Pizza God's 6th time on the list (16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23), and I find the fact that this is only his third highest review count in a single year to be a compliment to his contributions to this site. Pizza God had everyone wondering how high his review count would get this year, and while he may or may not match his higher yearly counts, it'll be fun to guess what his 2024 will look like.

Johnsondere is the other half of our 5th place tie, and our second member to be scoring his first appearance on a ROTY list. Another 2023 reviewing rookie, his reviews were on the shorter side of things and were mostly all submitted in a 10 day blitz. That being said, he's now a Bronze TR on the site, and we have 83 more reviews than we would have without him, so thank you for your contributions this year!

HyooMac, last year's silver medalist and our newest Diamond Trusted Reviewer, follows up a career year with his second highest review count at 79, good for 7th place and would have placed much higher in most other years. This is HyooMac's 6th straight appearance on the ROTY list (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23) as he continues to fill in a very impressive course map of reviews all up and down the northeast. What will 2024 look like for him? Perhaps only he knows, but I wouldn't bet against our sites 6th highest vote getter and 13th most prolific reviewer.

DFrah snags 8th place with 77 reviews, his highest count for a single year by 22 reviews. This is DFrah's 4th straight year on the list (20, 21, 22, 23), having been a mainstay since he started reviewing on DGCR.

In 9th place, we have aclay with 65 reviews. This almost doubles his previous single year high of 35 reviews, and like HyooMac marks his 6th consecutive appearance on a ROTY list (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23).

Rounding out the top 10, we have 2018 ROTY Wellsbranch250 with 60 reviews. This puts him 5th all time in ROTY appearances at 8 (16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23). This is also his highest review count since 2019, and 8th straight year of submitting over 50 reviews.

In 11th, we have Moose33 with 55 reviews, marking his second time on the top 25 list (21, 23). 55 reviews more than doubles his previous high of 25 for a single year.

12th place goes to DiscGolfCraig with 53 reviews, his second highest number for a single year in his extended time reviewing on DGCR. This is DiscGolfCraig's 11th time on the top 25 list (10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23), a mark only topped by The Valkyrie Kid. 11 years among the top reviewers on the site, and he's showing no signs of slowing down.

In 13th, we have Surge5 with 43 reviews, just one short of his total last year. This is Surge's 4th straight year in the top 25 (20, 21, 22, 23).

Cerealman's 42 reviews nets him 14th place in 2023, his second year appearing on a top 25 list (20, 23). 42 is the second highest review count in a year for one of newest Diamond TRs, and a strong rebound from a slower '21 and '22.

15th goes to Sisyphus and his 36 reviews in 2023. That's his highest number of submissions since 2016, and marks his first appearance on a top 25 since that year as well, giving him 6 total (12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 23). Welcome back to the top 25!

Ryal is 16th with 35 reviews. That marks his 2nd highest count in a single year, and gives him his 5th appearance on a top 25 (18, 19, 21, 22, 23).

In 17th place we have perhaps our favorite Iowan, knobby325, with 33 reviews. Our '21 and '22 bronze medalist has now appeared in four straight top 25s (20, 21, 22, 23).

Sharing 18th place is dndelli with 31 reviews. This is dndelli's highest review count in a year so far, and marks his 2nd year in the top 25 (21, 23).

Also sharing 18th place at 31 reviews is Naenae, our 3rd newcomer to the top 25 in 2023. Mostly reviewing in Minnesota thus far, Naenae has more than earned his bronze TR status, and is a welcome addition to the site as a whole as well as the land of 1,000 lakes.

DGCR #5 had quite a 2023! Adlacro sits at 20th place with 30 reviews, his highest count in a single year. This fresh Cubic Zirconia member returns to the top 25 for his second year (07,23), and is the only person on this list to have even submitted a review in DGCR's inaugural year of 2007, let along place in that initial top 25.

Mndiscg takes a share of 21st with 29 reviews. Our 2014 ROTY comes in with their second highest count since that year, and celebrates their 7th year among the top 25 (09, 10, 12, 13, 14, 21, 23).

Pevio also ends in 21st with 29 reviews. This is Pevio's second highest count in a year, and like a few others on the list, is on their 4th straight list (20, 21, 22, 23).

Shadrach3, the final former ROTY on this years list, takes 23rd with 25 reviews after taking the top spot in both '21 and '22. Shadrach is the 6th Cubic Zirconia member to place on their 4th straight top 25 list this year (20, 21, 22, 23).

The Red Death 30, our 4th final 2023 rookie and newcomer to the top 25, takes 24th with 25 reviews. This Pennsylvania and Ohio reviewer is close to SIlver TR status, and hopefully we'll continue to see your contributions on the front page!

Taking the 25th spot is ivanhenson with 23 reviews. This is Ivan's 7th straight year on the top 25 (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23).

That's the list for this year. 4 newcomers. 14 repeating reviewers from 2022. 9 Diamond TRs. 12 Cubic Zirconias. 1 Gold. 3 Bronze. While review numbers site-wide are nowhere near the earlier days of DGCR, this was the 3rd highest number we have seen from our top 25.

2023: A Year In Reviews, Part 2 Because I learned There's A 10,000 Character Limit In The Forums

Finally, while we celebrate the top 25, there were several more folks who contributed reviews this year. Between the idea behind this thread being thought of mid-year and the transition to an updated website with new features, I don't have a full list of reviewers for 2023, but it's close. We had (at least) 377 reviewers this year, and I want to highlight them here as a recognition of their contributions to this site. Every review helps this site to continue to be a great resource to the disc golf community, and whether you contributed 100 reviews or 1 in 2023, thanks for what you have added to this community.

So here we go:
22 Reviews: DiscinOhio

21: Mike C

20: DumfriesLizzie

19: lukedpt

16: Monocacy, pmay5

15: Nate32, PieMethod, Upshawt1979

14: bobmcnelly, LLmanu10, Pierparknut

13: jasonc

12: DeanMoriarty

11: Baysinger, Bennybennybenny, Chained Evil, Luckj, magictenor1

10: magictenor1

9: Countchunkula, DIscusZach, Sharknado2, Switters213, ultimatediscman

8: acrosley, Crooow, Jukeshoe, Prerube, sgamerp, thrembo, Tyler V

7: aren, chevis, danhyzer, GMcAtee, swatso, teakaym, Three Putt, volklgirl

6: Breh, dreaklock86, frognuts69, itsRudy, jcbnxll, kinger, royvin, SneakyJedi

5: BogeyNoMore, dgaficionado, Duncanator, dweaver, geebob, KillerKoala777, MakeItMali, rayoflight, Shade13, SimonCarr, sjutton, theolddude

4: Jdwedel, oldmanbackhand, chrispreperato, Eric Jepson, Go1962, gtg888h, Hammer_Time_1977, KernsyBlueBook, lee76007, matt123169, ninjalectual1, playrecords, Puckstopper, Seth D, Shallows, therealpersuit, Trueharleygirl

3: Acerobster, autocrosscrx, BriMar, ChrisMacG, davetherocketguy, deltabrainwaves, Doc13, edfaits, gabereif, helix_rider, IdahoTory, jaymon1, jdog17, Jillian, jimjohnmarks, MichiganResident, OBLee, reezyF, renoDave, rhatton1, smileygrigg, Starrman, stixx11, tbonesocrul, topflight, Treeplant, WD09, Xelto, Zanders22

2: bigreddog, blake833, boosman75, BubbaFlies, BuckeyePhil, C-Van, calvinc44, chad groen, chaingrabber, Chickenbiscuit, Chucklehead, Discmenno, Getty, Gumby34, hassekhoff, Hottabascosauce, I Didn't Like It, IMC3, James21892, JASEAL21, Jashwa, jodokast4, John Kelly, jph424, kinka, madbrad, michaeldean, Mikedinius, Natet0524, nightwing, nothinbuttree, Par Hunter, primedisc, Radrad, RodneyHavens, Sethamphetamine, Siriusbomb, steskalb, the1discchallenge, Whicho, xGIRTHx,

1: 14bbryant, 4u2nv, A-A-RON333, adamtheviking5, Adrienne, Anhyzerdaddy, Aragorn, arosman, ballgolfconvert, Basketcase720l, BBaldwin, Beall7, Benjam83, bigmuffnuts, Bill Nelson, BillyP, BJ White, blarmour, Blue Arrows Park, BraveThrower43, brentjacobs, BrianMcFarlane, ButterflightDG, CarolinaMazz, Carson King, Cary Stallings, Cashley56, caveman62, cefire, Central Scrutinizer, Chucker60, [email protected], coalex, codeman 1703, Colicus, craigd, Cresote, Crow113, Cujo, damtroll, danabike, DavidSauls, dgdude325, dickwolf, Dire Wolfy, DiscToChains, dmalone, Docspanky, Doofenshmirtz, douglowe, dr. chainslove, EarthRocker, endermetal, eodrambo, esbe, fast forward, firetruck150, Florence Zuckero, FlyWright, fociP, ForearmGalore, Frank Jester, franman27, fredolele, garysowner, ghostmouse, Gian-SF, Golden Tuna, GMA, gmyers23, grayZlefty,grilldoggy, groverfett, hanger129, hawgman, hisson, holydriver, IndianaEagle, jackattack, JackFlack, jaredsmith, Jesse Santiago, JGDS, Jimo, jmackie, Jcmackie, John Bird, jomebrew, JRGeoghan, jserepair, Juddster, Jungleman613, Jwalker92, KenanFlangler01, Keokuk Discer, KingDonko, Knok Su Kow, koak1958, kuhl90, LaserGlide68, letsgobulls_24, Lx Stogden, lykkiey, mattplace, mayqlaf, Michael Hopman, Mike Dwyer, Mikehcrocker, MikeK, MiketheGoalie, mjo56300, Mobro, MonkeyShine, mostanno, mrbro855, Mskzmdcc, mturley, Muddy Puddin, mullethead326, nbaaten, ndsoxdabears22, NHVT, nickrose2010, nomelakin, Overthehillsntrails, paulvreyna, peacekinur, Peter_H, play4fun, Present, psdrummer121, Pyre231, QwazyChomp, RamsFan1, rcm172, RickSlick, Rogue007, Roland the Headless, RollTide69, sandolorian, Sean Hurley, shai, Shai Simonson, shibbs, Shifty06, shyguy30, Silky21, soccerno16, SpartanDisc, speedojosh, srsmith31, Steve West, stevetres, stormcrow, Stormy Waters, suiteduppenguin, tedderm5, Tery48, Teton48, Thcdic, the highlander, The Valkyrie Kid, TheChiefDC, thejohndkid, thezachhall, toddnick, Tom_oconnor, Treeguy, Tributus53, Underground Discman, Vibramterraius, Whit, Workman, yammy, zero_43502, zubeala, joesouthfla, RFrance, Bassbrass, joshuahartwilliams@g, carpeliam, Discbear, Monkeypaws, Julian Powell, jimcramer24, soufle, narupanman, Dcopp, sensationproductions, joenlinda, Evictor, seldon3001, WillR3, Cardinals Fan, In The Rough, ChaseU21, DonG, Tim Johnson, Rustystrings, saintsfan200, GoldWinger, 2002P51, Jmano33, dbhurber
(Yes I know the 1 review list isn't all alphabetical, sorry)

That's all for 2023. On to 2024, with a full year of tracking to follow our top 25 race, as well as all of the new folks who start reviewing this year. Get to playing and reviewing, Folks!

Last edited:
Big ups to Tyler for all the number work! I motion to the floor we name him DGCR Chief Statistician.

No, that does not come with a pay raise.

Agreed! Motion seconded.

He might like his self-proclaimed "DGCR Numbers Nerd" title better.

Latest posts