• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Buiscutboy

Double Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 and a few months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right
Throwing Style: Almost all drives are forehand, approaches are about 50/50, putting is backhand. Can you even putt forehand?
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Summit: 200 and under
Cobra: 200 to 250+
XL: 250 to probably 280, although I'm sure I've gotten 300 with them before.

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None that I can think of
Other sport proficiencies?: I played ultimate for a little while, but all I could do was run fast and catch, I couldn't throw for beans.
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I like how I don't have trouble choosing a disc for a shot. Usually.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Anything missing?
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term.
Ahaha, that's what it said in the template. But I agree with it.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
168 Pro D XL 7/10: I got it to be flippy/rolly, but it has a weird high PLH, so it's my most stable XL, and least glidey.. For now. It turns just a touch.
168 Elite X XL 8/10: My least stable XL. It's also the glidiest, and I can get the most distance on it. It's not super understable, I can't get it to hyzerflip, but it's got more turn to it.
170 ESP XL 8/10:Between the D and X. I love how ESP feels.
168 Champion Viking 8/10: More overstable than my most stable XL, and goes about as far as them, but does better in wind. Less overstable than my Banshee, but goes farther. It's a little on the OS side for me.
171 Champion Banshee 6/10: I've had it almost since I started, and it's still going strong. Despite hitting every tree in Georgia :D Strong fading shots, tricky flexy things, and the occasional failure of an OH.

Mids:
178 Opto Pain 7/10: OS mid stuff. It's really glidey, for an OS disc. Sometimes I have a Wasp here. But they fly the same, and feel almost the same.
175 Non-Ontario DX Cobra 8/10: Favorite disc. They're just so glidey and turny and fadey and... Uh. I can do almost any shot with the disc, except hard fadey stuff. It can even go laser straight, on a hyzer flip.
165 DX Stingray 4/10: Another one I've had since I started. For shots that turn more than the Cobra. There would be a beat in Cobra here, if I would stop losing them before they get beat up >.>

Putters:
172 Medium Summit 9/10: All putting and approaching. Super awesome line shaper. Can do almost everything short ranged. Not so sweet off the tee.

Extra notes: I really want to like the Viking. But my champ one is too stable for me to get big D, I was thinking about getting a DX one. Also a DX Banshee, I want to see how it flies beat in. Also also. I was thinking about a Jokeri, for those short drives that the Summit can't handle. Mostly hard rights. If I had a Jokeri and my Banshee, would I still need a Pain/Wasp?

Almost forgot pictures, who doesn't like pictures? Even of my boring discs.

0608131636_zps513a7710.jpg

Weird lighting, the Banshee and XL are pinker than that. Well... The Banshee is salmon-er.

Alot at Fort Yargo, although it's pretty overgrown right now. I was at Alexander yesterday, and I think we're going into Athens today. I doubt we're playing though, something about cleaning up Sandy Creek.

Paul Wessel?

I'm Bryson James btw.

Bag looks pretty good with minimal discs and molds. Looks like you can get every shot with those discs. But I would start learning backhand if I was you. I thought I could be someone like Sarah Hokom when I first started by sidearming everything but to get better you have to load up the arsenal so you can start destroying courses. :)

See ya at the Sling.

Haha, no. Paul Wessel is my dad.

I've been starting to backhand drive. It's just that most holes around here it doesn't matter what which way you drive. Although there's a few where it would really help.

So, my newish DX Cobra had a meeting with some rocks, and now it flies like a Stingray. A fresher Stingray than my beat in Stingray, and I did want a beat in Cobra, but I didn't want it this fast >.>

I should probably get one of those CFR Star Cobras.

Come on Innova, make normal production Star Classic Cobras.

you could go for a different model stable mid to get premium plastic. I'm not sure what Cobras feel/fly like though. An X Buzzz would fit the role tho.

It looks like you've got good drivers for your power. The XLs will be come hyzerflip/turnover discs as you gain power. You can add a Z XL for more stability later on. The Viking is what I use for hyzerflips with fade out to 360'+. Great, controllable driver.

It looks like the facotry store has Champ Cobras that aren't King Cobras - http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-cobra-ontario.html

I love Cobras. They turn just a little, when fresh, but then always come back, usually more than they turn. When fresh. They just don't stay fresh long in DX. I'd qualify it as a stable mid.

Yeah, right now the XLs are usually straight with fade for me. I have a Z XL, but it flies sortof like a brick, my Banshee has more glide :|

Those are Ontario Cobras, which are different than the Classic Cobras I use. They're more like a wimpy Roc than a Cobra. Like a King Cobra, those numbers. I'm pretty sure the King Cobras are just Ontario Cobras, actually.

I was thinking about getting one, for those shots where turning some would be bad, and less OS than my Pain, but that's at the bottom of the list of things to get.

Hah, that's the most reasonably priced one I've seen so far.:thmbup:

Thanks for the input and whatnot~

So.

Good news, my Cobra isn't as beat as I thought it was.

Bad news, I lost my Summit. Green disc+ 6 foot tall prickery bushy things, probably blackberries, plus other plants = sad Lucas.

I probably shouldn't switch putters every time I lose one, but I was thinking about trying an Anode. Just because I've never used an MVP disc. And it looks nice and workable, from flight charts.

One problem I was having with my Summit was when I missed putts, it went pretty far past the basket, so I had another putt from the same distance away. How's the Anode's stability when thrown putting distance? The summit just goes straight forever.

And is there a notable difference between Neutron, Proton, and Eclipse Proton? Other than Eclipse looks cool >.>

No difference between proton and eclipse. The anode (and all MVP discs) has some sick glide. I've never used vibram, but I've heard they are known for lack of glide. So, the anode may go even further past the basket, haha.

I'm one of those that doesn't like glidey putters at all anymore.

I've been using a Latitude 64 Spike and hands down it's the best putter I have ever used. It's very fast and has hardly any glide,it's fairly Neutral and it's easy to correct a mistake if you miss a putt.

I wouldn't say the Summit lacked glide. It wasn't really glidey, but more in the middle.

Well I'll just have to work on my aim then. Or lay up more, a bogey is better than a 7 from missing putts >.>

And I'm sure the Anode will be better off the tee than the Summit.

I'm one of those that doesn't like glidey putters at all anymore.

I've been using a Latitude 64 Spike and hands down it's the best putter I have ever used. It's very fast and has hardly any glide,it's fairly Neutral and it's easy to correct a mistake if you miss a putt.

How's the Spike off the tee? I don't want to have to get a Zulu :p I like having one disc that can do all sorts of things.

Time to disc down. Or something. Lost putters are no fun. But I tossed in my old Strawberry Mercy, until I can get an Anode. Who knows, maybe I'll fall back in love with it :p

Elite X XL, 8/10, 250-280: Main Driver. A little understable. But nice and glidey and far.

Champion Banshee, 6/10 100-250maybe: Everything overstable. It's just so useful, and rangeable. The only thing it's not so hot at is super short stuff

DX Cobra, 6/10, 200-250 probably: Also useful. I want a star one though. Favorite disc to throw.

Strawberry Zero Mercy, ?/10, probably less than 200: Can be put on short over stable looking lines. Uh. Putting too. I seem to remember it fading out before getting to the basket, but we'll see.

How's the Spike off the tee? I don't want to have to get a Zulu :p I like having one disc that can do all sorts of things.

You know I have never thrown mine off the Tee before.

I've only used mine as putters.

I do use my Pure's,Sinus,Wedge and Zone for my Putting drives though. My Pure is my bread and Butter,Wedge is for Understable duties,Sinus for stable to overstable and my Zone for those Extreme Overstable drives.

The Zulu is awesome man. Had a buddy of mine pick mine up and he said I'm glad it's on you and not me. lol

Ahahahaha. Duties :p

Uh. I mean. You should try the Spike, especially now that it comes in Recycled.

I think an Anode/Jokeri would cover all that stuff for me. Maybe.

So how much does your Zulu weigh? :p

Latest posts