• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Been playing some sweet disc golf lately. Resurrecting my forehand shot has been paying divot ends. Shot a 55 at Foothills dgc and it's my best score than I can remember. Only missed 2 inside the circle putts. Got a 56 last time. Playing again in the morning at Grand Central Station.

Quick casual round with a great guy I met at the practice area. We both played decent, and I had a couple very nice birdies. Of course, I balanced that out with a couple short missed putts and two impressively bad worm-burners.

Leagues this morning at Tradewinds, didn't shoot bad but didn't shoot good either, but then tore it up at Easterlin with a couple of guys from Palm Beach. Was never above par, made a PB 8 birdies and only missed 2 putts from 20' to finish -6.

Second ace of the season and my dg career today!!! Shot w the same Atlas as my 1st ace too. Lazer shot RHBH w gentle fade, smashing the sweet spot of the chains. On hole 8 at Whitecap Mountains. Shot -3 all together on nine holes.

Wellll, ended up 3 under on an 18 holer while dealing with a friend's of a friend's 6 year old kid who needed discipline baldly. Then got a crappy burger at a bar my buddy recommended that was out of 3/4 of the beer on tap. Then decided to hit up another course. Ended up so packed full of mosquitoes that I couldn't focus, headache came on full steam, and I almost nailed a 5yr old on a bike because I just wanted to throw and end the round as quick as possible. I decided to end it after that.

I did however get a dd sniper bag in the mail, so that was cool.

Played 18 with 2 dogs and a friends 4 year old adorable daughter. Love them all, but damn it's distracting at times. On one of the shorter holes - a guaranteed par and frequently a birdie - I did my run up, reached back, and as soon as I looked back, his daughter was standing on the back of the tee pad smiling at me and my mind went blank. Ended up yanking it into a bush and carded a bogey. What can ya do.

I may have just had the most productive round of disc golf of my career. Not because I played well, or because I had a great shot. Because I was playing with a co-worker who on hole 10 let me know that he had a facilitator 1 certificate on high ropes. Which I'm sure doesn't mean much to anybody, but I was dancing with joy, as I had just scheduled (though haven't signed and payed the contract yet) for someone else on site to get the certification - we only need one person to be certified to pass the accreditation process that is scheduled for next week. So, this round of disc golf just saved us $1800.

Yesterday

Three rounds at Williamsburg Community Park, 19 holes: 51, 51, 51
One round at Owensville, a boring 9-hole thing: 21
One round at Osage Grove, 18 holes: 54
Two rounds at Mason Sports Park. This was my first time playing this very enjoyable 9-hole course. Six of the holes are blind, but I managed to stick to the fairway pretty well: 25, 25
Five rounds at Gulley Park, 18 holes. This was my first time to this park also. It took a few rounds to figure out some holes, and I putted very poorly: 53, 52, 50, 48, 51

Twelve rounds, 192 holes, 531 strokes, and home before dark.

:thmbup:

I was playing great this morning at our casual league until the rain came. We were trying to get a round in before a line of storms hit, it was getting real dark, and there was a big crack of thunder just as I picked up my drive on 13, so I stuffed it in my bag and we bailed. Should have left after 11, we got 100 yards from the parking lot and the skies opened up. We all got totally soaked, but the rain was warm as bath water so it wasn't too bad. Played a round at the 9 hole later on and did pretty well, then walked a few of the temporary holes for our tournament next week. Very hot and humid today.

Won my first event in MPO today!

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/26481

Played great the first round, but not perfect (duh). Hit most of my lines, made all but one putt I really should have, and birdied a couple of holes that are stroke-on-the-field type of birdies. 2nd round the heat set in, it was close to 100 today in Kansas City. Missed a couple more putts, but mostly my drives/lines were off, compared the morning round.

CD caught me, but I was able to get him in the first playoff hole. Very happy with today, but I know there's always more to improve on!

Went out late with my dog and girlfriend. We each brought a disc as it was getting late. With full
Moon we played lots of holes. She's getting way better which is awesome for me because she wants to go more.

Got my nephew out to Plymouth Creek. I shot a 30, didn't keep score for the little dude. He is learning to compensate for changes in elevation like a champ, and he has a forehand hyzer that would make many adults envious. I had him throwing a 168g Prodigy 400G F7, a 170g Innova DX XD, and a 170g Innova R-Pro Aviar. He was really clicking with the XD, which makes sense since it is basically a small diameter mid. I will probably have to dissuade him from falling in love with OOP plastic hahaha.

Played my best round at Rolling Ridge. Was 1 off the hot round in Adv at Silver Cup, with taking a 6 on the final hole :)wall:). 4 shots I regret that cost me 5-6 strokes (drive on 1, drive on 18, upshot on 4, missed deuce on 10), but I will take a 64 from Blacks to Reds any day.

Ratings are messed up though, they must have had us from short tees or something. The hot round of course par (63) is like a 907.

Haven't been able to play for the last few weeks, too much going on. Managed to get out for a few holes yesterday and today at lunch. Somehow the break made me a much better player.

My timing's a little off, but I am throwing WAY further than I was before the break. Overthrowing holes that I normally don't reach. My forehand throwing motion is back, and I can jump putt again. It's crazy how it works this way sometimes.

My previous best on the local pitch 'n putt is -6 for 11 holes. Shot -7 today.

Didn't play today, but did some putting. Got some real good death putt practice, as neighbor has a huge swarm of yellowjackets going in and out of the side of her house, so I really didn't want to miss long on any putts today :p

Shot a personal best of 65 on Mountain Man's Course. Didnt feel like a pb cause a lot of drives were way off, but my putting kept my score down, had a huge string of par save putts from all kinds of distances. Putting practice pays off!

Played so badly today, there wasn't enough soap to wash the stink off of me. I honestly didnt think I was capable of throwing around like this on a course I play all the time. The only positive thing I managed was not losing any discs. Headed to Home Depot to get some sort of industrial strength detergent.

Went out late with my dog and girlfriend. We each brought a disc as it was getting late. With full
Moon we played lots of holes. She's getting way better which is awesome for me because she wants to go more.
Just to be clear. Is the dog getting better or your girlfriend lol?

Played yesterday at my favorite course with my wife. We both played poorly. Last time I was there I shot a 61 which is a solid round for me. So the pressure was on this time and failed miserably with a 67. and my wife had a 73. Thankfully though, the best thing about keeping track of bad rounds is you have a goal for next time to do better. Looking forward to my next round there.

The only positive thing I managed was not losing any discs.

Haha I hate rounds like that. Over the past week I've been on the road and got to bag some new courses. I didn't play particularly well on any, but I also managed not to lose discs, in spite of some water carries and less-than-perfect conditions. On one course in Pensacola (Palmetto) my only birdie was on a hole where I threw to the wrong basket, and found myself on the circle's edge for the right basket. Am I the only one who does this on new courses?

I realized that I much prefer windy conditions to wet conditions. Or maybe I just need to improve my disc drying strategy (i.e. start carrying a towel).