• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best disc no one throws

Animage

Double Eagle Member
What's your thoughts on it?

Buddy and I discussed it during doubles tonight, and through PMs with brotherdave it made me think more.

My thought was a XS, no ones even heard of one here and none of the shops even carry it. Always thought it was a decent wider feeling Valk that I just never put in my bag.

One answer that came up is a Gateway Apache, another guy said Viking. I've seen people here with Vikings in the bag, but neither of the other 2.

A friend of mine throws an xs. works pretty good for him. goes straight and far. as for something in my bag...stratus is probably the least popular. I like the QMS too, and nearly everyone i show that too hasn't thrown one.

Well there are two ways to look at this. The best disc you never see people in real life throwing and the best disc no one talks about throwing online. Some discs get all sorts of praise online but nobody pulls them out of their bag out at the course. (thats not a dig on DGCR and other forums, its just I never see people using them at the course)

I'll go with...

Real life: XL

Online: Gateway Warrior

In that regard, Wizards get tons of online praise, and are huge here. There are tons of Gateway putters in people's bags here. Same with Buzzz'

However, outside of the 1 or 2 guys who aren't what you'd call "random" no one throws Rocs here.

I've been throwing an XL...until I got my Stalker in...Though I'm still goin to my XL since I just started to flip it.

In that regard, Wizards get tons of online praise, and are huge here. There are tons of Gateway putters in people's bags here. Same with Buzzz'

However, outside of the 1 or 2 guys who aren't what you'd call "random" no one throws Rocs here.

i throw a roc, and love it, but i have no idea what point you were trying to get across in that post...

i throw a roc, and love it, but i have no idea what point you were trying to get across in that post...

That rocs are fantastic discs and are lost among the masses around here?

I don't get how you missed what I said.

In case that was unclear, lost among the masses meaning all the local courses and people you see playing. Not the guys online

Rocs are huge around the DC area. I do see a fair amount of Gateway putters (I even bought a Warlock after putting with nothing but Aviars for 20+ years) but Aviars still rule the roost around here. I wouldn't say no one throws the Polaris (either LS or LF) they are pretty underrated imo.

I like the QMS too, and nearly everyone i show that too hasn't thrown one.

I'm also a big fan of the QMS. It's a very underrated mid. If I could find a stiff one I'd probably be able to have it as the only midrange mold in my bag.

APX's/Reefs are pretty slept on. Ions have a lot of online hype but are still pretty rare unless your a plastic fiend. Vikings are pretty cool.

But yeah, QMS's have my vote.

Those Nebulas are pretty cool too, I've heard. :rolleyes:

I was tossin my Ion at a summer doubles (the first i played) and the other three on my card had never heard of it, or of MVP. My partner sunk a gnarly high hyzer putt with my soft magnet tho! He didn't have his bag with him, and borrowed some of his friend's (other two on the card) discs. But was putting with a shark the first few holes till I noticed. Let him use my magnet. If I'd done it from the start, we might have come out ahead! We were only 1 up from his buddies

10M bricks, you never see anyone trowing those.

Oh, you wanted an example of a good disc, sorry....i never see anyone around my course using vibram putters. i'm the ONLY person using them (ridge/summit) and am one of the five or six guys that's even heard of them. it's sad really.

Viking is one of more uncommon discs out there. i used to carry an X2 in Z plastic, a now-discontinued fairway driver that throws real solid.

Heyooo! I just played with a guy using a vibram ridge today, looked pretty sweet. That little vibram thing in the middle is weird o_O Only other one I've seen was for sale was a first run out of Jay Readings box for like $60. HAH!

QMS!

Oh, I have an Aerobie Epic too. Only seen one other person using one. They are actually pretty cool discs. I can't tomahawk them hard enough to justify carrying it all the time, but it actually works pretty good backhand too. Flew kinda like my esp nuke.

10M bricks, you never see anyone trowing those.

Oh, you wanted an example of a good disc, sorry....i never see anyone around my course using vibram putters. i'm the ONLY person using them (ridge/summit) and am one of the five or six guys that's even heard of them. it's sad really.

NO, we wanted an example of a good disc.

Nebula is under appreciated and why Discraft never made production runs is beyond me.

I've never seen anyone throw a Flash. I don't guess they're "revered" online or anything...but I'm pretty sure I've never even seen that disc other than in pictures.

Going the other way - I'd say the Rhyno is much more popular online, but I've seen way more Pigs than Rhynos on the course.

Anything Lat64 is way more popular online than on the course.

I was throwing around an Upshot that my brother won a few years ago and it's just been sitting in the garage. It's only 149 though and I'm thinking about buying a heavier one.

Latest posts