• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yikun Disc Golf - Official Thread

Yikun Disc Golf

Bogey Member
Hi Guys, this is the official thread of Yikun Disc Golf. Our first run testing discs have already been sent to disc golfers. We look forward to your reviews, questions and feedback.

All the names and designs of Yikun golf discs are created by using Chinese ancient elements. More disc molds and plastics to be released.

YAO4.jpg

I missed the test discs, NOOOOOOO!

*cue dramatic music*

My testers should be arriving on Thursday or Friday. I've been chatting with Eric a lot on Skype and he really has a passion for making disc sports a legitimate movement in China. He's an avid ultimate player as well. If you have the time and are awake late, shoot him a message on Skype and chat with him a bit.

Not only is Eric really cool, Yikuns discs appear to be very solid plastic. I'll provide detailed reviews in the next few days.

So is this a Chinese DG company based out of China?

Need to know more on their manufacturing process for SURE...

My testers should be arriving on Thursday or Friday. I've been chatting with Eric a lot on Skype and he really has a passion for making disc sports a legitimate movement in China. He's an avid ultimate player as well. If you have the time and are awake late, shoot him a message on Skype and chat with him a bit.

Not only is Eric really cool, Yikuns discs appear to be very solid plastic. I'll provide detailed reviews in the next few days.

as will I. Eric is definitely as passionate about disc sports as any of us and it should be interesting to see what kind of plastic they have manufactured. Testers coming in for me this week as well. Full video review to follow

Aim for the chains: Golfers from Sweden taught Eric how to play disc golf...if he was smart, he probably learned how to manufacture golf discs from them too. We shall see.

Soon the discs make their debut, I wonder if a less expensive bag/backpack will be on its way next. Put me on the list to test.

Eric also told me that they were considering running their molds in a glow plastic. He was also pretty shocked that I played a glow tournament in the past week.

Seems tourney/organized golf is still really developing over in china. Hopefully the discs come out consistent enough to be a legitimate player in our market. The Da'E does appear to be a sick driver.

Are these discs going to be PDGA approved?

I would definitely be interested in a high quality medium sized backpack that holds 20 discs, 2 drinks, for around 40 dollars. The current prices for backpacks is just ridiculous.

What's the plastic like?

The Dragon line plastic on the Da'E and the Jun feel like a firm gold line. Grippy but more firm and rigid. Still seems like it can take a beating.

The Phoenix line on the Yao feels eerily similar to Elite Z. The Yao feels a lot like a hornet in the hand and has the Discraft-sequence circle striations on the plastic like many Z discs have.

More to come!

Are these discs going to be PDGA approved?

I would definitely be interested in a high quality medium sized backpack that holds 20 discs, 2 drinks, for around 40 dollars. The current prices for backpacks is just ridiculous.

Eric says they will be submitted for PDGA approval.

Latest posts