• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any hope/ideas for making these awful F2 colors at least a LITTLE more visible?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
GStar Teebird on the left, Pro Thunderbird on the right. I'll try pretty much anything as long as it's semi-legal. Not holding out a ton of hope though! Cool prank, Innova!��

Attachments

• 20220608_223538.jpg
    20220608_223538.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 100
Ha. I picked up a pair of Wraiths a while back. They weren't that bad but one was a dark charcoal color and the other was white. I don't bag white discs because I play year round and I just can't spot blackish discs anywhere any time of the year.

For those colors, any dyes will only make them darker. You could worm dip in UV, then look for it at night with a flashlight? Otherwise, a light coat of highlighter paint as mentioned. Next time, make a note/request on your F2 order for bright colors. In my experience they do pretty well to meet requests.

If you paint them, then you probably can't trade/sell.

Yeah. They did you dirty. Don't know if you'll be able to lighten or brighten them. Maybe putting some sharp lines on them might help a little. If you don't go the paint route, due to concerns about PDGA thickness rules, maybe even a darker dye with contrasting stripes might help. Perfectly straight lines might stand out a little vs natural backdrop. I wish you well and would be interested to see if anything helps.

I threw a PDGA black ESP Stratus for a few years.
To make it visible and still legal, I used a silver sharpie and drew a 1" thick circle around the disc, about halfway in.
Not perfect, but never lost it.

GStar Teebird on the left, Pro Thunderbird on the right. I'll try pretty much anything as long as it's semi-legal. Not holding out a ton of hope though! Cool prank, Innova!��

Paint them with paint made for plastic.

I love throwing the early TI Buzzz, but the colors are just like these. My best and legal solution has been to just ink the hell out of it with gold and/or silver sharpie.

For those colors, any dyes will only make them darker. You could worm dip in UV, then look for it at night with a flashlight? Otherwise, a light coat of highlighter paint as mentioned. Next time, make a note/request on your F2 order for bright colors. In my experience they do pretty well to meet requests.

If you paint them, then you probably can't trade/sell.

I ALWAYS request bright, vibrant colors and yeah, they're usually pretty good. Maybe its something about the GStar Teebird and Pro Thunderbird availability? I don't know but it's awful. I have UV Green and UV Yellow worm dip and I may try setting the discs in the sun for a while and then soaking em for hours. Screw it. However, I haven't read the rest of the comments on this post yet. I should do that!

I threw a PDGA black ESP Stratus for a few years.
To make it visible and still legal, I used a silver sharpie and drew a 1" thick circle around the disc, about halfway in.
Not perfect, but never lost it.

I was under the impression that gold and silver sharpies made discs illegal. Was it something about your 1" circle that made it okay?

I love throwing the early TI Buzzz, but the colors are just like these. My best and legal solution has been to just ink the hell out of it with gold and/or silver sharpie.

This is legal!? I responded to another user who said the same thing. I was under the impression that this wasn't legal! Gah, lot of misinformation out there and now it's spreading to disc! I probably would have done this to discs years ago if I had known!

I was under the impression that gold and silver sharpies made discs illegal. Was it something about your 1" circle that made it okay?

This is legal!? I responded to another user who said the same thing. I was under the impression that this wasn't legal! Gah, lot of misinformation out there and now it's spreading to disc! I probably would have done this to discs years ago if I had known!

I don't know if it's come up l, but are you playing in PDGA sanctioned events, or events that go by their standards?

So I did the gold circle on a blue Valk. It has zero perceptible thickness. See no reason it would be illegal.

The silver and gold sharpies have no perceptible thickness, and so they are perfectly legal.
Just as the black sharpie ink is legal, the silver and gold ink is legal.
There are some "paint" pens out there that will have a perceptible thickness, you can feel the paint. These are not PDGA legal.
The silver and black and gold sharpies are ink, not paint, and perfectly legal.
I have played PDGA events with this and never had a problem.
I was asked, but when they saw there was no thickness or feel, there were no more questions.

Last edited:
The silver and gold sharpies have no perceptible thickness, and so they are perfectly legal.
Just as the black sharpie ink is legal, the silver and gold ink is legal.
There are some "paint" pens out there that will have a perceptible thickness, you can feel the paint. These are not PDGA legal.
The silver and black and gold sharpies are ink, not paint, and perfectly legal.
I have played PDGA events with this and never had a problem.
I was asked, but when they saw there was no thickness or feel, there were no more questions.

Which is exactly why I tested it out. I was concerned the gold might be more of a paint and thus have "thickness" to it. Also why I shared my experience.

It's a 3 pack of bronze, silver and gold. I figure I could do some kind of pattern with the colors and maybe worm dip it for a little UV light pop if i wanted to.

If I use it in a glow glow round, I'd put glow tape on it.

Hope this image works, had some issues with pics from my phone the other day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6EFAFB39-EE38-4462-840C-ECC566B0B34A.jpg
    6EFAFB39-EE38-4462-840C-ECC566B0B34A.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 122
I ALWAYS request bright, vibrant colors and yeah, they're usually pretty good. Maybe its something about the GStar Teebird and Pro Thunderbird availability? I don't know but it's awful. I have UV Green and UV Yellow worm dip and I may try setting the discs in the sun for a while and then soaking em for hours. Screw it. However, I haven't read the rest of the comments on this post yet. I should do that!

Gstar colors in general are dull. Yellow or lime green being the easiest to find. Yellow is more dandelion than highlighter. Blue, dark green, red tend very earth tone. You maybe won the Gstar afterthought color contest :D

Latest posts