• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Well I finally dipped my toe in to see what all the hype was about. And… it's great. I wanted to not like it because of the huge boom in fanfare it's getting but call me a convert. That shape unexpectedly works and each time I ran some crazy approach, it just sat within 15' of the basket.

I even tried putting with it a few times because I was really gelling with the feel. Does anyone regularly putt with these?

Like Gooberau said, if it's windy I'll putt with the Berg. It's Wizards in normal conditions for me but it doubles as a pretty reliable wind putter. It truly shines in approaches and upshots for me. Like you said, It's just nestles up to the basket more consistently than anything else I've tried. I use Electron Envies for drives and longer approaches and am happy with this set up.

I've been putting with K3 Bergs all year.

To me, they feel great and come out very clean. Their lack of glide fit my putting style.

Been Putting with a Berg for a couple years, just switched to some Black K3 Hard. Great for not sailing past the basket and I have a K3 Hard Reko for the C2+ shots. Kind of a great combo to have an Approach disc that works for putting and a Driving disc that works for longer putts.

Been Putting with a Berg for a couple years, just switched to some Black K3 Hard. Great for not sailing past the basket and I have a K3 Hard Reko for the C2+ shots. Kind of a great combo to have an Approach disc that works for putting and a Driving disc that works for longer putts.

I completely agree with this pairing (the Reko K3 Hard can do just about anything except stop quickly on a fast green). Although I primarily bag MVP/Axiom/Mint, almost everything inside 150' is ... The Kasta Department.

I've bagged a Berg and been devoted, but dropped it for minimization when I went Envy-only about a year ago.

It's back in the bag with a vengeance.

It's a FH laser to about 250', maybe a bit less. It's uncanny how perfectly straight it goes. I spent over an hour at a baseball field throwing discs along the stripe, seeing which ones did not vary from the stripe. Berg was a no-exaggeration laser. Hex is the same, but it needs full mph, and that's going ~300'+ or so.

So I've partitioned micro-gap FH woodsy game into Berg and Hex.

Welcome back, Berg.

Decided I need to Lear the berg fbetter for ,y game and have done a few berg only rounds. Eye opening, I can throw it farther than I realized, it does a great job of pulling an anny line and just atalling and floating down to the ground. Would not have discovered that if I didn't play these one disc rounds. So far it has all but shelved some molds from my bag and if I'm honest more can come out. Seems like every week I notice more and more bergs on the course. Last week alone came up on two groups that let me play through all five guys had bergs.

it does a great job of pulling an anny line and just stalling and floating down to the ground.

Berg needs some love. I'm with MrGlass, my favorite Berg shot is a standstill flick with a little nose up anny. Slow, dead straight and sticks. Smacked the cage from about 150 in a league round a couple weeks ago.

I actually got 2 of the 2017 K1 glow when they came out. I was pretty new, threw both of them some and actually threw one in from about 100' once. Eventually moved on to something else and saved them. Fast forward to last spring, I grabbed another with league payout. Decided to bag it and commit to dialing it in. It's relegated the Zone and Ohm to spot duty, I'm throwing the Berg on most approaches 200 and in, FH and BH.

I still have one of the K1 glow left. Put one back in the bag a couple months ago since I'd already thrown it and figured there's no way I'd lose a Berg. Threw a second putt with it, headwind lifted it over the basket, it landed and scooted on some leaves into a covered sewer/drainage ditch. I caught a glimpse as it disappeared. How much are those things worth these days?

Berg needs some love. I'm with MrGlass, my favorite Berg shot is a standstill flick with a little nose up anny. Slow, dead straight and sticks. Smacked the cage from about 150 in a league round a couple weeks ago.

This is exactly what the Berg excels at. A disc that responds well to touch without being touchy. I would not be surprised if in the 7 years I have been throwing it I have thrown it in more times than I have everything else combined in the 18 I have been playing. Best part, if you miss your comebacker is rarely more than 10'

I still have one of the K1 glow left. Put one back in the bag a couple months ago since I'd already thrown it and figured there's no way I'd lose a Berg. Threw a second putt with it, headwind lifted it over the basket, it landed and scooted on some leaves into a covered sewer/drainage ditch. I caught a glimpse as it disappeared. How much are those things worth these days?

Its hard to lose em. I have only lost 1... it was mint. The early glows don't have a ton more value that I have seen so don't feel too hurt. The newer ones fly similarly as well so I am not sure seeking out a 2017 would be necessary. (now if it were a K2 glow we would be talking a different story) May be a good time to try k1 soft if you haven't.

When are we getting a K2? I'm still salty they dropped the name and added K1 Soft.

Since we're talking costs are those LE Midnight K3s at all valuable? I'm still throwing my first one and don't see myself using the backups I have any time soon.

When are we getting a K2? I'm still salty they dropped the name and added K1 Soft.

Since we're talking costs are those LE Midnight K3s at all valuable? I'm still throwing my first one and don't see myself using the backups I have any time soon.

The font/stamp for K2 was one of the best in the game. I have a few K2s around still, including the one that's been in the bag the last 5 years.

As far as K2 glow there was one team fundraiser run in 2018 or 2019. I bought one for a steal ($60) last year for my glow bag, cause the soft berg are the core of my approach game. Last thrown and lightly inked one I saw for sale went for $130...

I am on my work computer, so I don't have pictures. There's one on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/1000_by_40/ as well as some pics of my glow setup that justified an expensive thrower (disc cost more than I am invested in the glow lights/battery/bag)

There were only 200 midnight k3s I believe. (says it on the stamp?) I havent seen em sell for much anyways. There were some midnight stamp k1s that have sold for a good amount though.

I have one of those midnight K3s, been putted and no sticker. Not sure its worth much more than a K3 berg...

Its hard to lose em. I have only lost 1... it was mint. The early glows don't have a ton more value that I have seen so don't feel too hurt. The newer ones fly similarly as well so I am not sure seeking out a 2017 would be necessary. (now if it were a K2 glow we would be talking a different story) May be a good time to try k1 soft if you haven't.

I actually like throwing the K1 tourney stamp I got. Sweet champy-star plastic, maybe a touch less stability than the glow. I got a backup as well.

Also use it for headwind putts and long runs outside the circle. Made enough second putts with it that I tried a K3 as a primary putter for a couple rounds. That didn't work out, I need more glide in a primary putter.

I was never a fan of softer plastics until the berg. The biggest difference (which i think I went into detail in this thread years ago) is the K2 flys the same thrown soft or hard. Compared to Soft/K2 the K1 seems to have less HSS when thrown hard, and more LSS when thrown soft. Hard backhands I found the K1 to fly dead straight, especially downhill. That was its best feature for me.

Its not huge differences so I still suggest throwing what ya like.

The font/stamp for K2 was one of the best in the game. I have a few K2s around still, including the one that's been in the bag the last 5 years.

As far as K2 glow there was one team fundraiser run in 2018 or 2019. I bought one for a steal ($60) last year for my glow bag, cause the soft berg are the core of my approach game. Last thrown and lightly inked one I saw for sale went for $130...

I am on my work computer, so I don't have pictures. There's one on my instagram https://www.instagram.com/1000_by_40/ as well as some pics of my glow setup that justified an expensive thrower (disc cost more than I am invested in the glow lights/battery/bag)

I have a couple Dan Howard brainwave K2s and one dyed glow I posted somewhere in this thread, sounds like I have some expensive throwers lol.

Yeah there's only 200 Midnight K3s I have 4-5...no biggie I'll hang onto them I just can't see myself ever losing a Berg even if they are black. It's the *only* mold I'll ever own in black (I never need to buy another Clutch for putting again).

I heard Berg lovers are in a cult. At least that's what I read on the internets.

Sounds like you're a fan of r/dgcj lol

FYI https://kastaplast.com/en-us/products/k1-glow-berg

Not sure if they're on other sites yet I haven't looked but I was taking a peek to see if Kasta changed their K1 stamp since I purchased mine years ago and stumbled across this. There's hope for you!

They're out there right now.

I do think I saw some of them advertised as "low glow" though so not sure if they did that intentionally or if this run just doesn't have that usual bright glow.

On their site there's a "sorry no glow" edition at a discounted price. Apparently someone made a mistake with the glow additive or something.

FYI https://kastaplast.com/en-us/products/k1-glow-berg

Not sure if they're on other sites yet I haven't looked but I was taking a peek to see if Kasta changed their K1 stamp since I purchased mine years ago and stumbled across this. There's hope for you!

I still have a 2017 glow and a later run, really digging the tourney stamp K1 I'm bagging. Threw the shixt out of it today. 😁

Glow Bergs are a thing - I have one.

It may be my imagination, but my K1 Soft seems to be getting a bit glidey. Overshot a few baskets today. Very weird … probably the archer.

Latest posts