• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

I have a couple Pro Leopards that have been bag in my since I bought them and they are flippy, with one being very flippy. Both are flat. They are incredibly useful for high turnovers for distance. Powered down they can fly like a beat Roc. I mostly use them standstills and crazy high right angle turnovers, and rollers. I wouldn't call them reliable hyper flip to straight or controlled turn discs unless i've spent some practice time but I've made some of my most memorable shots with them. A deep hyzer flip to height with a straight gliding turnover is a thing of beauty.

The Luster Leopard3 is indeed like a -1 turn and the Champion Leopard is too stable for my liking. People seem to like them so they must beat in nicely.

Crazy how similar a kaxe z and a leopard are. After using a pro leopard for a month and half it is definitely -2,1, probably -3,1. I have a champ, though, that is more like -.5,2 and flies so similar to my kaxe z. It has just a little more high speed turn than the kaxe z.

To add to that. A stable leopard really does fly like a fast midrange. I've been getting crazy straight 350' shots that do not fade much at all.

I was browsing though local disc store's "USED"-bin and there was this old disc, recalled my friend used to love throwing his leopard until he lost it in rough last summer, grabbed this to him as a gift.

What can you experts tell me about the disc from this photo, no flight numbers but under signature says "2 time world champion" so 2005-2009 era?

I was browsing though local disc store's "USED"-bin and there was this old disc, recalled my friend used to love throwing his leopard until he lost it in rough last summer, grabbed this to him as a gift.

What can you experts tell me about the disc from this photo, no flight numbers but under signature says "2 time world champion" so 2005-2009 era?

timing is correct. lots of these PFN 2x Barry's were produced. Overall flew like a premium plastic Leopard so a tick more stable than the flight numbers. Good disc, but luckily Leo's have been pretty consistent so current runs fly similar to the old ones.

I have a 2x and added a DX and a Star. I'm using the Leopard more and more. It's a great disc that can be used as the fairway driver or as a "6 speed mid". Nice score on the used 2x.

Just got a Star Leopard from OTB discs that is pretty domey. I already have 2 others of differing weights that are less domey. Haven't thrown it yet, so I was wondering what I should expect flight-wise.

All of my Leopards are pretty domey. They all pretty much fly about the same though. Well, other than the DX ones. I honestly haven't bagged it thrown mine in years though. Sorry this wasn't much help. I guess I just assumed Leopards in general were always pretty domey.

All of my Leopards are pretty domey. They all pretty much fly about the same though. Well, other than the DX ones. I honestly haven't bagged it thrown mine in years though. Sorry this wasn't much help. I guess I just assumed Leopards in general were always pretty domey.

(I probably should've added RHBH) I can definitely say that this one is domier than my other two which have been so dependable. (I'd share pics but don't know how via phone.)

I was only wondering because I am a latter day Leopard convert - well, at least as far as the Star plastic goes. Never have bagged a DX one in all my years. The Stars feel so good in the hand and are very dependable. If this new 'domey' one ends up being OS, I can still use it in my bag.

(I probably should've added RHBH) I can definitely say that this one is domier than my other two which have been so dependable. (I'd share pics but don't know how via phone.)

I was only wondering because I am a latter day Leopard convert - well, at least as far as the Star plastic goes. Never have bagged a DX one in all my years. The Stars feel so good in the hand and are very dependable. If this new 'domey' one ends up being OS, I can still use it in my bag.

Domey Leopards make me sad. I've never clicked with them especially in Star. Are you able to make them go straight? I struggle with it.

Flattish ones, especially in Pro are laser beams for me, and even Champion ones if I throw them like a Teebird.

Domey Leopards make me sad. I've never clicked with them especially in Star. Are you able to make them go straight? I struggle with it.

Flattish ones, especially in Pro are laser beams for me, and even Champion ones if I throw them like a Teebird.

Just tested it out for the first time this am on the course. I mixed it in here and there and seems like the dome-iness doesn't affect too much if it all. Any issues- all user error apparently, lol. I sorta thought it would be ok.

Same here, I prefer the flat ones too. The old school pre Barry stamped ones are the best, I have one, flat as a pancake (like firebird flat) and was on the stable side when new. Thankfully, the L3's are usually flat. Wish they made them in the old 6 speed but I'll compromise with the 7 to pair with my pre Barry one.

You can sometimes find Gstar 6 speeds that are very flat, but hit and miss. You're right about the pro plastic ones often being flat, but I tend to prefer my drivers in premium plastic, that pro stuff (especially a Leo) will get super flippy on me too quickly. I'd rather just spend the extra 4 dollars for a star one.

Same here, I prefer the flat ones too. The old school pre Barry stamped ones are the best, I have one, flat as a pancake (like firebird flat) and was on the stable side when new. Thankfully, the L3's are usually flat. Wish they made them in the old 6 speed but I'll compromise with the 7 to pair with my pre Barry one.

You can sometimes find Gstar 6 speeds that are very flat, but hit and miss. You're right about the pro plastic ones often being flat, but I tend to prefer my drivers in premium plastic, that pro stuff (especially a Leo) will get super flippy on me too quickly. I'd rather just spend the extra 4 dollars for a star one.

This is where I've landed in the Leo vs. Leo3 debate. There are domey Leopard3's out there but most are flat. The distance potential of these, especially Stars, are a huge plus.

I've got a 175g Star Leopard (mild dome) that flies 6/5/0/1. The high speed stability is there for sure. I really like having it in the mix with my other Leopard (& 3's). A lot of times I use this one on a FH in place of my TL3 because the stability is so similar. Are these os Leopards common?

I've got a 175g Star Leopard (mild dome) that flies 6/5/0/1. The high speed stability is there for sure. I really like having it in the mix with my other Leopard (& 3's). A lot of times I use this one on a FH in place of my TL3 because the stability is so similar. Are these os Leopards common?

I mean, maybe? What's your elevation and how far are you throwing it? And is there any flashing left on the bottom?

At midwest elevation, thrown 300'-ish or less, max weight, maybe a touch of flashing, no top scuffing? Yea, I'd say 6/5/0/1 (i.e. no real turn) is fairly common.

I throw Star Leopard3s fairly commonly. I can get about -1 turn for a modestly fresh 175g at 325'. For more scuffed up ones I can get closer to the advertised turn and they stretch out closer to 350' for me.

Ordered a factory second color glow Leopard 3. Have to say I was expecting either blue or pink. I guess it's a factory second color glow because they forgot the color? Had I known I was going to get a white "color" glow I would have passed.

6f1601c8879730ee9d89629c6d6757e3.jpg

Ordered a factory second color glow Leopard 3. Have to say I was expecting either blue or pink. I guess it's a factory second color glow because they forgot the color? Had I known I was going to get a white "color" glow I would have passed.

6f1601c8879730ee9d89629c6d6757e3.jpg

Innova ran a bunch of regular glow champion Leopard3s in the fall. I had assumed the F2 listing was from that big run.

As for color glow Leopard3s, Innova seems to be reserving that plastic mix for Infinite under then Centurion branded mold. And Infinite sells all the F2s of their own molds themselves.

It seems like for many plastics there's some kind of handshake between Infinite and Innova to only sell them in one channel. The Centurion seems to have exclusive rights to pro (I-blend) and color glow champion. Innova seemed to keep the halo star for themselves for many years as Ohn's tour disc, but now they're doing halo star Centurions lately.

It seems like for many plastics there's some kind of handshake between Infinite and Innova to only sell them in one channel. The Centurion seems to have exclusive rights to pro (I-blend) and color glow champion. Innova seemed to keep the halo star for themselves for many years as Ohn's tour disc, but now they're doing halo star Centurions lately.

It's worth noting that from what we've heard the I-blend is some mix of regular driver Pro and Star. It has also been my experience that I-blend is more consistent and holds up better than Pro, but definitely beats in faster than Star and has a grip somewhere between stiff grippy Pro and grippy Star.

Otherwise I think you're right; for Infinite's molds that are just copies of currently produced Innova molds, they seem to distinguish them by producing them in different plastics.

Latest posts