• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

the blue is my gstarr

which anyone who has thrown with me can vouch if im throwin a driver its 90% of the time goin to be a gstarr sw

this is what i would consider "normal" wear for innova and the star/gstarr line

this blue one has seen parking lots and rocks and only 200 trees and still looks like 8/10

that red one looks like a 6/10

back in the day you had to season a good star for a year to get a little flip on it then it stayed that way for years and most likely until you lost it and then you cried hard

now i hit one tree and i weep
That shit seriously looks like DX, the way it gouges. Is it waxy?

That shit seriously looks like DX, the way it gouges. Is it waxy?
i just did the fingernail test

i can literally press my fingernail on it and it leaves an indent

oddly enough the feel is close to gstarr

its grippy but not exactly waxy or chalky or slick

it feels "normal"

but after a tree hit im like wtf is this dx shit

i thought i was losin it again but then i hit a few moar trees and realized indeed this blend is just terrible

Real men throw Champ😎

All joking aside every recent Star I've seen friends throw are nothing like that. F2 is supposed to not effect the integrity of the plastic or flight, just cosmetic. That's nuts.

Shoutout to Gstar by the way

Real men throw Champ😎

All joking aside every recent Star I've seen friends throw are nothing like that. F2 is supposed to not effect the integrity of the plastic or flight, just cosmetic. That's nuts.

Shoutout to Gstar by the way
current champ is better than current star but gstarr surprisingly is a little better (not just sayin that)

ive had quite a few f2 and they are all legit its just this one star one

ive even had previous f2 star that were fine

luck of the draw i suppose and of course i only bought one so my sample size is obviously too small and i have nothing personally to compare it to

however for wraiths my gstarr and star are completely "normal" which were both purchased at the same time as my sw collection i pictured

no clue how any of this works but there you have it avoid the current run of star sw

I bought some Gstar Destroyers for free shipping on a great sale, holy hell do they throw well.

I avoided them like the plague because "everyone" throws Destroyers (or _____ equivalent) and I felt some stupid obligation to not conform or something idk.

Favorite purchase in quite a long time. Orange with a hint of bronze. 5/7 would recommend.

My Gstar Firebird has been a staple for quite some time...former Banshee guy. My brother who I play with most asks why I don't throw it more I just have this inherent need to throw flippy stuff. Likely my ultimate background?

I bought some Gstar Destroyers for free shipping on a great sale, holy hell do they throw well.

I avoided them like the plague because "everyone" throws Destroyers (or _____ equivalent) and I felt some stupid obligation to not conform or something idk.

Favorite purchase in quite a long time. Orange with a hint of bronze. 5/7 would recommend.

My Gstar Firebird has been a staple for quite some time...former Banshee guy. My brother who I play with most asks why I don't throw it more I just have this inherent need to throw flippy stuff. Likely my ultimate background?
people are sleepin

my flippy gstarr was left outside for about a year until my friend found it and is stained from some berries

i give it about half throttle and ulti flick and its poppin up to flat and ridin for days

a lot of people said gstarr wraith were trash too but its great to me its durable and started off somewhat os

"everyone" thinks its only champ vs star

The F2 halo star on sale lately feels more like the tough-to-season older regular blend. I have some Mambas from fall/summer that are just now starting to break in.

I'm a mod and I still don't know how to multi quote properly on this damn thing.

/mini rant

Mex isn't it red Z Wasp against all? 😁

Bill all Halo isn't real it's "the most overstable version ever of every mold so lower than high scoring AM1 can fit in."

Honest question to everyone on DGCR - what Halo mold flies like said disc pre-Halo?

LATE EDIT: I won't alter my post but ^that came off jerkish. Just an acknowledgement.

Last edited:
people are sleepin

my flippy gstarr was left outside for about a year until my friend found it and is stained from some berries

i give it about half throttle and ulti flick and its poppin up to flat and ridin for days

a lot of people said gstarr wraith were trash too but its great to me its durable and started off somewhat os

"everyone" thinks its only champ vs star

Mrs. wolf has quite a few SWs, both Star and G*. Honestly from the recent runs the stars have been flipper brand new. Granted these are really light. It wasn't like that a year or two ago. G* has been consistent for years. Regular runs, not f2's.

Mrs. wolf has quite a few SWs, both Star and G*. Honestly from the recent runs the stars have been flipper brand new. Granted these are really light. It wasn't like that a year or two ago. G* has been consistent for years. Regular runs, not f2's.
do you know what weights roughly

anyone here actually throw discs

well i do and recent runs of star have also been fragile af

im talkin road rash and chippin lookin terrible from standard tree hits

anyone confirm or deny this

or am i just super unlucky
I got a lot of F2 Star drivers in the last few months, and not many problems with abnormal wear and tear. No SWs - mostly faster than that.

I have Halo Beast, Tern, Valkyrie - all three are over stable.
I did not think before I spoke there lol. Apologies.

I had in my head more understable stuff like Valkyries and Roadrunners for some reason idk.

Yeah the Wraiths and Destroyers I've thrown are very overstable.

Honest question to everyone on DGCR - what Halo mold flies like said disc pre-Halo?
I think Halo runs have replaced some of the odd OS Star runs that people may have wanted. The Halo plastic blends are exclusive to Halo Star and not used for stock Star. Maybe some downgrading/less strict pellet blend for stock Star happened during 2020-2022 so the F2s that are being sold now are remainders from those runs - especially if picking non-max weights.

Stock Star FB have varied a bit based on the flat/domey & plastic stiffness (and maybe the mold - Sexton vs. 12x vs. FD3?). I think there have been Halo FB, Helio Dracos, and Halo Scepters that have been pretty varied in the flight stability & flatness.

Halo Bosses/Helio Quasars from last year fly really well (not so OS).

Helio Scorpius are really nice (1 'run' so far, color combos had a little variability in flight). Halo Destroyers are as variable in flight as the stock Star runs of the past.

Halo RR are pretty similar to stock Star with some being neutral and others OS/US.

Halo Shryke I tried was US compared to the flight numbers. I don't think there is much different between that and the stock Star ones.

My opinion is that Halo has brought a lot of interest back to some good molds and the public opinion that Halo are always the most OS version is overblown due to the earliest runs trending that way (Destroyer/Wraith). Maybe there was an intentional shift by Innova to making the more available stock Star runs less OS to differentiate and make them friendly for newer players...

That looks like some older star plastic. The newer star plastic doesn't scuff deep like that. I have a couple older PFN's that have deeper marks like that. The Star SW I got from a big box two years ago has the name stamped, and its plastic is very similar in feel to my Roadrunner, and the Mamba. Which has lived in my bag for going on four years, and has hit a rather large list of things in that time.

That looks like some older star plastic. The newer star plastic doesn't scuff deep like that. I have a couple older PFN's that have deeper marks like that. The Star SW I got from a big box two years ago has the name stamped, and its plastic is very similar in feel to my Roadrunner, and the Mamba. Which has lived in my bag for going on four years, and has hit a rather large list of things in that time.
I have numerous PFN star discs and the plastic is typically superior and more durable than later runs. I've never seen a blizzardy rim on a PFN star disc.

Elmex - you should definitely complain to the factory store, especially if you're a repeat customer.

I don't often buy from the factory store, but the stuff I've gotten recently feels great. I got the Thanksgiving Roadrunner and it almost feels like royal grand plastic from Lat64, but a little bit softer. Last summer I got a couple other f2 star discs and they feel fine. Not as DX-y as the ones y'all are talking about here.

I will say that discerdoo is right (typically is) that old star is far superior. I have a pfn star Leopard that still flies pretty stable and it's very beat up. Some of the price/scarcity is because of collector value, but it's just better plastic.

Latest posts