• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Innova It

I (years ago) paired a max weight River with a...155-160ish? Diamond because they felt the same in hand. Do you feel the need to have a disc between the two both distance and stability wise in your bag?

Probably not - as it was my first time throwing it, I didn't know what to expect. This It was closer to the Diamond than the River, but in other plastics and weights your mileage may vary.

Sounds like the flight of a Maul.

Good comparison!

I was wondering if this is the PLS that Millennium just ran again. I need to get my hands on both and compare. I keep just buying old PLSs when I find them.

Also, this disc was clearly named by an old man who does not understand search engines. This disc is going to be short lived if only because no one will be able tol find IT. If you like IT, you should probably stock up while you can.

I was wondering if this is the PLS that Millennium just ran again. I need to get my hands on both and compare. I keep just buying old PLSs when I find them.
Nah, this is supposed to have that convex v-Tech kinda wing. The PLS has the old-school concave wing like a Cheetah.

got one. kinda like a Diamond in 150 class, but not quite as straight. I'll buy anything with a cat stamp......

Dude, this is a great goal that I might copy. I want to have a section of wall covered in cat discs. Coincidentally I am in the process of trading for a 2020 luster Shryke because I love the stamp. I'm guessing I like it because it has a cat on it. It's destiny.

Attachments

• innova-golf-disc-innova-limited-edition-2020-tour-series-jessica-weese-luster-champion-shryke-di.jpg
    innova-golf-disc-innova-limited-edition-2020-tour-series-jessica-weese-luster-champion-shryke-di.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 51
Got to see one in person at a Charlotte store last Friday. While I generally love discs with those numbers, I already have too many, and the shape is just a little too odd for me to purchase.

Stamp doesn't look like a clown or a computer. I'm not buying It.

Alice IT Wonderland? Cheshire IT?

Wtf is this stamp relevant to:wall:

EDIT: Looks like that's the Shryke but whatever I'm leaving my comment up lol

I mean it's the old Whippet wing which was still concave, and the It is supposed to be vTech convex...why didn't they just call it the vLeopard? Did they just bail on the v-names?

I mean it's the old Whippet wing which was still concave, and the It is supposed to be vTech convex...why didn't they just call it the vLeopard? Did they just bail on the v-names?

Yo...3P...huh?

Yo...3P...huh?
Sos, the Whippet, eh? The disc that has been around for like the last oh 22 years there? It's the Whippet X. The wing on the Whippet back in the day when I was learning that I can't throw Whippets was a more concave/can't really tell it from the Cheetah wing by sight anyway kinda sorta wing and the Polaris LS had that Whippet wing because when the Polaris LS came out that was the Whippet wing, they didn't have the Whippet X wing dontcha know? Sos if you just go "Whippet wing" 22 years later people might think Whippet X wing.

Of course Innova is notorious for forgetting how to make Millennium discs to they might be using the Whippet X wing on the Polaris LS now; the last Polaris LS I got was a QPLS that was from a mid '00's run they found in a warehouse. It was a hoot; brand-new like 2017 stamp on a cloudy fingerprinty Champ disc that was clearly breaking down already. Things that make you go...hun?

The JLS used the same "Old Whippet" wing originally; I threw a QJLS on Sunday and didn't check to see if it's the same wing. I'm not that big of a geek. :\ I "think" the PLS, PLF and JLS all used that wing, it was just PLS/Cheetah top, PLF Gazelle top, JLS TeeBird top.

The It I would think might be in the JLS ballpark but less stable? Maybe? I'm still trying to talk myself out of buying an It. If it's in the ballpark of a beat-up JLS, I got that covered.

Why didn't they just call it the vLeopard? Did they just bail on the v-names?

We can hope! Not that IT is a great name, I find myself consciously looking for other ways to refer to the disc, which is NOT what I should be thinking about on the course, but that's a me problem. Who knows, I might be back here singing the ITs praises for helping me improve at tuning out distractions down the road.

Nah, this is supposed to have that convex v-Tech kinda wing. The PLS has the old-school concave wing like a Cheetah.

Leopard was the original Innova V-tech driver according to D. Dunipace
https://youtu.be/XIgko6gcRz4?t=45
V-Tech discs feature a convex lower outer edge of the rim
https://discgolfunited.com/blog/post/innova-vtech

V-Tech = convex on the outer portion of the rim and are flat/concave/beaded near the bottom inner rim. I have read/heard the Valkyrie & FD mentioned as V-Tech drivers but never heard the Roadrunner convex rim described that way. The IT is more like a 7 speed Roadrunner from the profile view.

Innova went away from the V-naming scheme with the Manta/Lion/Invader/Wombat(3)/Xero already. VRoc is the only remaining V-named disc on the Innova site disc chart. Only approved V-named discs were the VRoc and VAviar...

buddy bought one and i really like the feel in hand. nice flight too

I felt one of these at the local shop today, might be the worst feeling disc I have ever held.

I felt one of these at the local shop today, might be the worst feeling disc I have ever held.

This..

I recoiled in horror after touching one.

I prefer straight angles in rims. Slightly convex or slightly concave is great. I also really dont like beads. Microbeads (like the RR's) never bother me, but even the Stalker's bead is no bueno.

The "IT" is _very_ convex and has a very pronounced bead. It felt like a speed 7 Wombat3.
The winged cat stamp and my love of fairway drivers cannot save this disc for me.

To be fair, nothing was going to replace the Pro/Millennium JLS for the understable JLS spot in my bag anyway.

Latest posts