• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

jskew113

* Ace Member *
As the company has grown from custom stamps to now having their own molds and plastics it is time for a thread to discuss what is going on with the company and generally show our love.

I have really enjoyed their first mold, the Scale, as well as their Fossil plastic. The future seems very bright for this company. I for one look forward to the ride.

Why not start with some pics of the newly announced drivers?

Does anyone know anything about DareDevil discs, the production partners on RDG's new molds? I've heard of them, and apparently they are from Canada, but other then that I've got absolutely nothing.

Same boat, always wanted to try out a few of their discs (Timberwolf, Beaver, etc) but never got around to it.
Anyone with opinions on their plastic?
Great partnership, though. I'm all for taking interesting chances and I like this move a lot.

Only what Marshall street has on their flight guide.

Most drivers are speed 8 or 9 and slightly OS to OS.

I'm very curious to hear about their plastic as well.

Yellow is the Raptor, Orange is the Ptero.

The Ptero looks VERY TL-like to me. The TL is probably my favorite fairway mold, so I'll probably like the Ptero immediately, but I don't really have any reason to bag something TLish when I have SO many TLs already. I'll give it a go anyways, because at this point RDG could put a reptile stamp on a groove and I'd buy it.

The Raptor has more appeal to me. Looks beefy without being Firebird overstable, which is great by me. I like moderately overstable drivers, but I really don't want/need/use the mega OS beefmonsterhooks. If it was Brinster Teebird overstable with a speed 8-9ish rim it would probably find a spot in my bag immediately. I've been using the thunderbird there and haven't really been blown away by it. That slot is the least used disc in my bag by far, I wouldn't mind giving something else a go there.

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Ptero.jpg
    Ptero.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 93
I've always wanted to try Daredevil. With them molding some RDG, it will give me a chance to feel up their plastic blend and probably entice me to branch out into some more of their molds.

As for the new drivers... Raptor looks like a beefy Teebird to me and the Ptero really reminds me of some disc, I just can't put my finger on it. So excited for these discs. Although Jcass said the mid will be awhile, I'm really looking forward to rolling with an all RDG Gecko loadout. Some Lizards, a Scale, Ptero, and Raptor. I'll throw a Roc or two in there... Or I'll just have to track down some kind of RDG stamped mid (hint, hint). Totally digging RDG and all that they're doing.

Raptor looks like a Valk and the Ptero looks like and Eagle, to me.

I've been trying to get some Daredevil and and actually thinking about buying a bunch from them. This is a good call.

Looks like retools of the Sabertooth and Timberwolf, not 100% though.

I've been trying to get some Daredevil and and actually thinking about buying a bunch from them. This is a good call.

Going strictly off of inbounds that looks plausible to me. Hopefully the raptor isn't that beefy, I'm hoping for more PD then Firebird.

:clap:

Good detective work!
Both of those molds are fantastic flyers. I'm really impressed with these discs. I'm working on tweaking plastics and potentially minor adjustments to the wings but overall the molds are close to what we want to add to our lineup.

Im in a quandary about these discs. I really wanted baseline mids or baseline polecat, (I mean lid from reptilian disc golf...)

To me the selling point to RDG is the "unique molds" that is the scale and serpent. There are sooo many company's churning out discs do we another? Maybe, and RDG track record seems to be catering to the niche/hardcore disc golfers. The scale was unique and in a class with little competition. But to make a this clone or that "type"... Not sure we NEED it like we did the scale! :hfive:

To me another reason I've been a huge fan of this company is the Fossil fuel plastic... It's Muy Bueno! :clap: I like stiff AND grippy plastic and I think it's among the best. But the fossil fuel probably wouldn't work for drivers, besides the partnership looks to be with Daredevil...

About daredevil. That actually makes me excited again! I bought a daredevil timberwolf for a buddy on here and it was one of the best most underrated plastics I think I've felt. It was amazing, to me it was fingerprinty and flexible but champy style. Interested to see this partnership.

So I wanted a lid, but I'm interested in these as well.

Haha, I've been on their site a bit the last two weeks and thought the profiles looked close.

You made astute picks IMO and I look forward to doing review videos/ bagging both of these in the near future.

Maybe they can feature in my new "Disc golf Death Battle" vids!

Ill be completely straight forward on this move...
I too wanted a lid and mid for our next molds. The money required to do that correctly will require a good amount of $.

This project with Daredevil will more be based on cross branding their current offerings instead of overhauling their molds. The timberwolf and sabertooth are already molds that you could build a bag around. A few tweaks and a little RDG input on plastic formulation and I think we will have two fantastic control drivers without investing a huge sum of money into.

With this in mind, the Raptor & Ptero will be HUGE fundraisers for us on our quest for the RDG lid & mid that we ALLLLL want us to make :p

^I'm just happy we're going to have new releases from you guys soon. Rough ETA on the when these will drop?

^I'm just happy we're going to have new releases from you guys soon. Rough ETA on the when these will drop?

It will be a little bit but I'll keep everyone posted throughout the journey. I have no interest in rushing out discs bc we all know there are plenty to go around.
I will be testing these protos, devoping our final plastic selection & determining if any mold tweaks are required. Either way I'm excited add a little more range in my RDG only bag lol

It will be a little bit but I'll keep everyone posted throughout the journey. I have no interest in rushing out discs bc we all know there are plenty to go around.
I will be testing these protos, devoping our final plastic selection & determining if any mold tweaks are required. Either way I'm excited add a little more range in my RDG only bag lol

Is that why you've only made a small bag, so far? when you start producing more molds, will you make bigger bags to hold them all? ;)

I'm still most concerned about when more fossil whizzers will be available... i'm dying to get my hands on one! (and a serpent to go along with it) :thmbup:

Is that why you've only made a small bag, so far? when you start producing more molds, will you make bigger bags to hold them all? ;)

I'm still most concerned about when more fossil whizzers will be available... i'm dying to get my hands on one! (and a serpent to go along with it) :thmbup:

Thank you for the support :thmbup:

I don't really ever see us hopping into the big bag market. I've toyed with the idea but there are so many great options out there that can produce bags at cheaper prices & have better warranty abilities. I just have no interest in making a product that folks won't be happy with.

The Scale and Serp have filled to nice niches in the market. I hope that the Raptor & Ptero can do the same. The driver field is pretty crowded but if I can get smooth flights, great plastic and of course... a heavy dose of Reptile Style stamping done, I think they will be hits for us.

Fossil Wizards will happen in large scale. I'm just not sure when. Gateway seems to be under a crunch in terms of production so hopefully they can get us turned around soon.

Never tried Daredevil Discs before, definitely looking forward to it.

Placed my first order with RDG earlier this week, can't wait for it to get here tomorrow! I had to order some of the Gandalf stamped lil wizards to try out with everything else. Any word on what kind of plastic they are molded in?

Latest posts