• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Use this thread to post a picture of a disc and we can comment on what we think the value of the disc is, or simply as questions about the values of disc.

Edit: We ran into some trouble without rules, so here are the "Ten Commandments of the 'What is this disc worth?' thread":

1. To get the best estimate, you must post:

a. Disc type
b. Plastic type
c. Disc weight
d. Disc condition
e. Pictures

If you don't know this information and/or cannot post a picture, it's a crapshoot. The estimates are based on the information you give, so the better that information is the better estimate you will get.

2. Don't belittle the person giving a value. They are giving you their opinion because you asked them for it. Take it for what ever grain of salt that you wish.

3. A Picture is worth 1,000 words, so I will repeat that whenever possible you should post pictures.

4. If the disc you have is still in production, it's worth whatever they sell for. If it's still in production and yours is used, it's worth whatever they sell for minus $3-$5. No need to bother asking.

5. Post pictures.

6. If no one gives you an estimate, it's because no one knows. There is no need to keep quoting yourself over and over trying to get somebody to make up a number.

7. Post pictures.

8. Post pictures.

9. Post pictures.

10. And finally, post some pictures already!!!

I hope these easy to follow guidelines will keep this thread running smoothly from here on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
second question is
DSCF1394.jpg
this leopard any better than the newer stamp leopard?

Third question: Do all Classic Ontario Rocs say 1995 on them?

i think i will visit this thread often

anyone know how much this could be worth? ive seen a few flat tops. but this is a pearly champ viking. and its super flat. besides that i know nothing. not really planning on trading but what would yall consider fair trades if it was you making the deal?

Attachments

• 0303102019.jpg
    0303102019.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 756
  • 0303102019a.jpg
    0303102019a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 357
I have asked in 2 threads if anyone knows if all Classic Ontario Rocs say 1995 on them, but no one knows. I bought one and their is NO WAY it is from 1995, so I think they are all stamped with the 1995. Can anyone confirm this?

sidenote, most people feel the dolphin (the disc I have been looking for) is worth around $25-30

My 2 pro classic rocs are ranchos and my champ classic roc is an ontario with no 1995 on it.

I went to marshallstreet and it looks like all classic ontario rocs say 1995, but I don't know how to tell which one I have.

I had to get in on this one! I have a a lil stash of discs of been collecting for a while. Here are some of my favs. I really have no idea what they are worth. Hoping to pass them on to my son one day. Really just wanted to share a few pics of some of my goddies, and see if any body my know what they might be worth.

1979 Whamo $50,000 Tourn. 80 Mold Glowie (mint condition)
WedMar03215955EST2010.jpg

1960's?? Wiffle Flying Saucer (mint, still in package)
Front
WedMar03220410EST2010.jpg

Back
WedMar03221414EST2010.jpg

1998 Worlds Rancho DX Roc Signed By the Champ! (mint)
WedMar03220230EST2010.jpg

Got a few other goodies I will post up as time permits. I have a feeling this thread will be around for a while. ;)

Sorry for the sh!tty cell phone pics!

Last edited:
I'll start off.
Are prototypes worth more than regular discs of the same mold?
Yes. No. Maybe.

See, this is a proto Condor.
115.jpg

It's not worth anything. It might actually be worth LESS than a regular production Condor, because at least a regular production Condor would draw in those guys collecting the full circle Innova stamps. The Condor is an old disc with no following, and no matter what I do I'd probably get less for this disc than the $7.00 I paid for it. I still thinks it's cool, so I don't care.

But, timing is everything. There was a time when the Condor at least had a following. There were old guys who liked to use Condors for thumb rollers back in the day. In the right place at the right time I might have gotten one of those guys to give me $10.00 for it just for the cool factor of throwing a disc with the proto star stamp. 30% profit is pretty good in a general sense.

Basically everything is hot for a little while (unless it's the Mako!) If you time it right, you can unload a proto for decent cash. If the disc becomes an enduring classic, it might be worth decent money down the road.

Of course the proto Eagles I have were totally blown out of the water by CE. You would have to trade a whole box of proto Eagles for a CE Eagle. So even if the disc has a good following, other factors can screw it up.

Sometimes the proto's become hot because the disc gets retooled before it goes into regular production. Of course, you can't predict that.

Basically, it's a crapshoot.

I have asked in 2 threads if anyone knows if all Classic Ontario Rocs say 1995 on them, but no one knows. I bought one and their is NO WAY it is from 1995, so I think they are all stamped with the 1995. Can anyone confirm this?

They made so many back then that they still sell them to this day. You should notice a small number 8 towards the middle/bottom. this is the 8th mold

(this is what a rather reputable source told me at a tournament)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts