• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Improve me

ac765e082af57d27525c1f779ff3d85e.jpg

How about Drew though? I'm sure you're right but to me it seems that I'm not too far off how Drew takes his pre-step?

1. Get your shoulders/chest forward over your knees.

2. Get your front shin angled more northward/targetward over your foot on the ground. Note how your inside ankle is low/on ground while Paul's inside ankle is high/off ground leveraging his whole body targetward of it. You are more behind your foot/pressure on the ground/slowing down.

attachment.php

https://youtu.be/VDd0iNRAHx0

Slightly better I think but I could exaggerate the shoulder/chest forward even more. Agree? Felt instantly that it was easier for me to swing the elbow out.

Push your right/rear shoulder blade further back(targetward) in backswing.

15 juli 2023

Do you think it would be helpful for me to not externally rotate my shoulder in the top of the back swing? To keep my elbow towards east instead of down to the ground?

Form check

Didn't know I was filmed. No focus on form and after 30-ish holes so I guess the flaws should be more more obvious than from picking the best drive from a form practice. Going for a baby flex.

What is the most urgent and effective thing to adress and focus on?

For what it's worth, I add a few flip flop-shots from today as well. Tried to go straight and not to strongarm. Not sure I managed to stay internally rotated. Need more cobra posture and more balance on back leg I think. Can't work on 100 things at the same time though so I think I need some guidance.

23 juli 2023

Last edited:
Form check

New video. Not the perfect angle. Need more shoulder turn and perhaps core activation? Feels like I am kosing the cobra posture going into Pp, making my elbow drop. Any input is appreciated.

Push your rear shoulder further up and back(backstroke swim in backswing with shoulder, but the arm doesn't need to move much).

The net video looks like your rear shoulder flies out and around in the finish. Try to keep your rear shoulder moving inside where the front shoulder swings thru, so the front shoulder swings more out around the rear shoulder with the rear shoulder more centered/tighter arc.

Might go after a posture point instead, but your move off the rear foot could be quicker & more abrupt like ride the bull. You've got a little hang time moving from foot to foot in there.

Might go after a posture point instead, but your move off the rear foot could be quicker & more abrupt like ride the bull. You've got a little hang time moving from foot to foot in there.

Which posture point? Don't leave me hanging 😅

:)

I think similar/the same as Sidewinder's last post. Your rear shoulder looks like it coming around more out of posture than inside posture.

If you tighten up the shift, my guess is that it's going to throw you out of balance because right now you're compensating for it. That might make it easier for you to feel when it is "ragdolling" you around and get it more inside (just a hunch)!

I think Paul is bringing his shoulder against the wall like Inside Swing.

Subtle, but I think you end up with your leading elbow swinging against the wall/are taking your shoulder off of it.

Let the shoulder swing/pull over the front knee. Let the elbow swing through the wall.
1692659734530.png

The two pauls in the middle are wider rail. The paul on the leftmost image is straighter reach back/backswing. They end up with the same dynamic entering the pocket/throw.

Paul w/ straighter backswing on the left:

Attachments

• 1692659611945.png
    1692659611945.png
    509.3 KB · Views: 0
Alright, the snow is finally gone.

Working on the cobra posture to get the chest even more over knee (which hopefully could cure the slight elbow dip too) and try to push the rear shoulder up and back more in the back swing. Anything else?

Any feedback is welcome.