• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

08 Worlds Course Reviews?

Khao Pra

Par Member
Since the topic of writing course reviews is pretty fresh here i am wondering if anyone (hopefully many) that has (have) played the courses involved in the 08 worlds could put up some reviews of the courses. i have played several of them but there appear to be quite a few recent additions.

personally i can't imagine anyone wanting to add Cold Brook to a worlds schedule as the last (and only) time i played this course it struck me as one of the worst design layouts i had ever played. it's been probably 4 years since i've played there so maybe things have changed but as much golf as i've played in michigan, the k-zoo area was lowest on the totem pole when it came to choosing a place to play. broadway was OK but the rough was terrible and the stench coming off of the land fill was enough to make anyone puke. last time i played broadway it was only a 9 holer so i'm curious about the new holes. robert morris was a pretty decent 18 hole course in spite of the obnoxious completely random woods "fairways" on the first few holes.

can anyone shed some light on these? eastern michigan dg is some of the best in the world, i'm hoping those guys in western mi have started to catch up.

they've caught up and passed us up...Albion college is one of the coolest courses i've played the water there is amazing to shoot over. Cold Brook has been redesigned a bit and looks better than you remember. Kimball Pines went in 3-4 years ago and is on the tops of my list of courses to play. never played broadway, but i hear the rough is brutal, pro's will stay out of it so it shouldn't be a problem for them. Timber Ridge is on a ski hill, I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet but can't wait to do so.

If you can make it out there you definatly should, it will be worth it.

Latest posts