• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

$1,000,000 for disc golf when you die????

Lorider680

Ok, my first legit thread is going to be a hypothetical one. If you were rich and had 1 million bucks to donate to disc golf, would you donate to multiple courses around your area to make them better, or create your own disc golf course from scratch? Remember when creating one from scratch, alot of the money goes to securing* land and getting permits to build it. Me personally, I would donate to existing courses around my area and provide better necessitys, such as trash cans, better signs, tree planting for box shade, etc. What would you do?
F

I have thought about this as well. Someday when I win the lottery I would love to show up to my favorite courses, met with the local club and just give them an unlimited budget, crazy amounts like 100,000 to make it the best course it could be. Until that day comes, I have to settle for giving what little money I do have for the donation box/club. If I were to leave money though, when I die, it would go to revamping existing courses to keep them in top shape.

Me too. All of my friend disagree and want to start thier own. I would like to fix many imperfections on current courses than try to start a new one. I base my argument alot on that peoiple won't recognize the new course named after you the traffic will be lax.
F

it would all go to hipster traps for the courses around the area, (eco friendly humane ones of course) and the rest they can have for course maintenance

Note that all three courses at the IDGC are Memorial courses named after the donors who either supplied the funds to build most of the course or their relatives and friends raised some of the funds to donate.

Why the hell would I sit on a million dollars until I died? I'd rather just spend it to help or build the course before that so maybe I'd have a chance to enjoy it.

If I had that kind of money to leave in my will for disc golf (and that's assuming my heirs were all set for life), I would probably have it used to build new courses. But if I had $1 million to spend on disc golf, I doubt I would wait until death to use it. Why let my survivors have all the fun? :D

Why the hell would I sit on a million dollars until I died? I'd rather just spend it to help or build the course before that so maybe I'd have a chance to enjoy it.

Good point. but you failed to answer the question.
F

I wouldn't mind spending the money on current courses, if I then had a say in what happened at them.

Latest posts